Photo

Custom cars wont save in parking spots?

5 replies to this topic
Alaannnn
  • Alaannnn

Film Director

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:25 AM

Hey, so I was doing some of the drug wars missions and managed to steal some of the custom painted vehicles the enemies drive and parked them in my parking spot, only to find them missing after I go check up on them. Can someone tell me why? Am I even able to save them?

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

They won't save during the mission.
To keep them make sure you have them in your possession when the mission ends (success or failure), then they can be saved at a parking spot.

Alaannnn
  • Alaannnn

Film Director

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Tuesday, Aug 6 2013, 03:21)
They won't save during the mission.
To keep them make sure you have them in your possession when the mission ends (success or failure), then they can be saved at a parking spot.

thanks!

Lancet
  • Lancet

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

Actually, to be more specific, parking spots will only temporarily save vehicles during missions. Park them there, but once the mission ends, you need to go back and manually check on them. Once you do that, they'll be saved properly when you leave the area again. You don't need to actually keep them around you physically during the mission (unless the mission requires it, of course).

It's a technique I call "confirming" vehicles.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

I don't think that is true for drug wars.
AFAIK: The drug war special vehicles won't disappear as long as the mission is running, you can park them anywhere or leave them be, even wrecks stay. But when the mission ends anything not "in view" disappears, including vehicles in parking spots.
I don't have an exact definition of "in view" in this context. it appears there's a narrow band around the mission end marker which is far enough away to not interfere with the cut-scene and close enough to be "in view", but I'm getting a bit mixed results (~ 50% success rate).

Foolproof methods:

If the drugs is in the vehicle you want, complete the mission. The vehicle will always stay.
If the drugs is in a bag and you want one of the special vehicles, get the vehicle and leave the bag. The mission will fail when you get too far from the bag and you'll have the car.
If the drugs is in a vehicle and you want a different vehicle (the attacking cars), get the car you want and destroy or flip the vehicle with the drugs. The mission will fail and you have the car.

The only complicated situation is when you pick up the bag and then want one of the attacking cars. There's no way to get rid of the bag, except failing or completing (you also cannot use a parachute while carrying the bag!). So you need to chance it and park it a bit away from the end marker and complete the mission on foot, skip the cut-scene immediately and run toward where you parked it.

Alaannnn
  • Alaannnn

Film Director

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 03:56)
I don't think that is true for drug wars.
AFAIK: The drug war special vehicles won't disappear as long as the mission is running, you can park them anywhere or leave them be, even wrecks stay. But when the mission ends anything not "in view" disappears, including vehicles in parking spots.
I don't have an exact definition of "in view" in this context. it appears there's a narrow band around the mission end marker which is far enough away to not interfere with the cut-scene and close enough to be "in view", but I'm getting a bit mixed results (~ 50% success rate).

Foolproof methods:

If the drugs is in the vehicle you want, complete the mission. The vehicle will always stay.
If the drugs is in a bag and you want one of the special vehicles, get the vehicle and leave the bag. The mission will fail when you get too far from the bag and you'll have the car.
If the drugs is in a vehicle and you want a different vehicle (the attacking cars), get the car you want and destroy or flip the vehicle with the drugs. The mission will fail and you have the car.

The only complicated situation is when you pick up the bag and then want one of the attacking cars. There's no way to get rid of the bag, except failing or completing (you also cannot use a parachute while carrying the bag!). So you need to chance it and park it a bit away from the end marker and complete the mission on foot, skip the cut-scene immediately and run toward where you parked it.

sweet thanks! managed to save a few cars from the missions smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users