Quantcast

» «
Photo

What to do if I'm four hours away from my game?

15 replies to this topic
Untame Snail
  • Untame Snail

What?

• Members
  • Rwanda

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

So, back when the official release date was "Spring 2013," I preordered the game. In Atlanta. Now that it's been delayed, I'll be living in Statesboro, which is about a 4-hour drive. I immediately contacted Gamestop asking if I could transfer my preorder to the Statesboro location, and they FINALLY got back to me.

And said no.

So what the hell do I do? This is obviously not my fault, and I KNOW that Gamestop could so easily move my money from one store to another. They're just being difficult because they don't want to waste three minutes helping me. They said I could cancel my preorder, but what does that mean? Do I get my money back? If not, I'm not resting until they do what I need them to do, and then I'm not doing business with them anymore. I'm only in this situation because THEY told me the game would be released while I'm still living up here.

ArmoredxApple
  • ArmoredxApple

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

You might not be able to transfer it for some reason, but you can cancel your preorder and just preorder at the store closer to you and yes you get your money back from canceling. I canceled my preorder at gamestop and moved it to BestBuy with no problem.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

I would phone Gamestop back and tell them that if they arent willing to transfer your pre order that you're going to cancel it and pre order it somewhere else to see if that will make them transfer it to your local gamestop. If not just do what ArmoredxApple has said.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (Hodgey1989 @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 20:14)
I would phone Gamestop back and tell them that if they arent willing to transfer your pre order that you're going to cancel it and pre order it somewhere else to see if that will make them transfer it to your local gamestop. If not just do what ArmoredxApple has said.

Pretty much this. Pre-order it from Amazon or something if GameStop aren't going to help you.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

Call them.

tommyxbased
  • tommyxbased

Thank You Based God

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

I live in Augusta, haha.

OT: You should probably just threaten to cancel it haha.

imastabaho
  • imastabaho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

eat a snickers

Nameless105
  • Nameless105

Gives No F*cks

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

Go into the Gamestop that you are wanting to get the pre-order transferred too, talk to the manager, tell him the situation, and they will call Gamestop where your pre-order is and have it transferred. Whoever told you no is an idiot. I've had to transfer a pre-order between Gamestop locations. You will likely need I.D. of some sort.

ozzsoad
  • ozzsoad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

What's their deal? When a new GameStop opened much closer to me I was able to transfer a pre-order, no problem. They just called the other store and worked it out. Sounds like someone is being lazy.

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

let me get this straight,

You preordered a game from Gamestop in town A

You moved to town B, And the store from town A said you won't be able to pick up your game from any other store but that one?

this is a little confusing, EB Games is owned by Gamestop *AFAIK EB Games is only still active in Australia and Canada*, but in Canadian EB Stores, you can make an order in Halifax, and so long as you have the receipt, you could pick it up in Ottawa if you wanted. Returns also worked the same, so long as you carry proof of purchase, any EB store will help you.

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

You get a refund if you cancel it.

Omar777i
  • Omar777i

☆☆★★★

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:53 PM Edited by Omar777i, 05 August 2013 - 08:55 PM.

That's so stupid of GameStop I hate that they don't give two craps about customer service quality. Cancel and get a preorder from somewhere else or go to wall mart at mid night like am doing. I live in a small area so its gonna be easy for me to buy my copy.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:24 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 05 August 2013 - 09:28 PM.

Cancel the old preorder and then make a new
preorder at the closest GS you live near now.

And if they don't refund you then cause havoc.

Carter_Intense
  • Carter_Intense

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

It's the same for me where I live, 30 miles north of Pittsburgh. I have 2 gamestops that are a 5 to 10 minute drive away from each other and if you pre-order at one gamestop, you cannot pick it up at the other. It's not four hours away from me, the feels bro, but it's ridiculous because both do well enough sales that they should have tons of games in stock and can call one another to remove a pre-order label from the other store's game.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

Get a gun, drive 4 hours to the arsehole that won't cancel your pre-order, shoot the prick.

PS - Order it again from your local store icon14.gif

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

I was able to transfer my preorder from one Gamestop to another one in a different town no problems. Call back and speak to the manager. The nerd you spoke with was probably a lazy nerd. If that nerd says no, then cancel your preorder and reserve it at the location you desire and tell those nerds to go lick a monkeys ball sack.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users