Photo

what is gta online

57 replies to this topic
man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (IceHot100 @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 12:30)
I think this GTA:O will expand further into upcoming titles in this series

Hit the nail on the head. This is my bet too.

Imagine creating an online personality that carries over into future GTA titles. Every future GTA will have "GTA:O" and it will be the same basic concept but built upon as engines change and the games get better. What that concept is remains to be seen.

Mr. Madness
  • Mr. Madness

Beating the odds and dead horses

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

There is a whole other thread about this called "Grand Theft Auto Online" and it will probably keep you guys busy for a week. It is all about speculations and requires a good brain capacity to handle the information being thrown at you. Check it out if you don't believe me.

Bershka
  • Bershka

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

Because it ain't GTA Offline.

GTAMaster666
  • GTAMaster666

Mr. Satanic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:08 PM Edited by Gtamaster666, 05 August 2013 - 01:13 PM.

GTA online is just Grand Theft Auto online it's the multiplayer ding dongs, gees it's nothing new there just calling it GTA online they'll explain it later on like they said. yawn.gif

The new multiplayer mode for Grand Theft Auto V is called Grand Theft Auto Online.[7] Multiplayer will feature "Brothas" similar to Max Payne 3. The new Social Club functionality will connect play across multiple titles, starting with Max Payne 3 and GTA V. By playing both games' multiplayer, crews that the player set up in one will be carried over to the other. GTA V will let players form private crews with friends or join public crews. Players can be a member of up to five at the same time and completing tasks as a crew will gain experience points for the player.

Happy fellas?! Honestly do even half of you guys read up on GTA V because damn.

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 08:42)
It's called GTA Online because that's what it is. GTA. Online. Simple.

cookie.gif and user posted image

Some thumbs up icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

And some hearts inlove.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif

And now I gonna hide from a Mod becase that's ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑
user posted image

whatsthat.gif *wusch*

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:21 PM Edited by GTA564, 05 August 2013 - 01:24 PM.

^ ^ ^ what about some tea?? user posted image and coffee user posted image
Never forget the tea!!

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

Probably the major theories I've got with this is

1) It'll constantly be open world, game modes are selected similiar to red dead redemptions system, where you have to find a landmark or something, to enter a match of that type, or you can just select it from the menu. Plus possibility of multi-platform between Xbox and Ps3?

2) It'll be GTA online for ALL future GTA games, meaning future games will use this too and can play with GTA V players, DLC's and updates will be released so GTA V players can see the future models etc, like how the classic characters from older games can be seen in DLC's

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (GTA564 @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 13:21)
^ ^ ^ what about some tea?? user posted image and coffee user posted image
Never forget the tea!!

Ouhhh my bad confused.gif

And after a good meal, let's have a drink smile.gif .

user posted image

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 12:34)

Imagine creating an online personality that carries over into future GTA titles. Every future GTA will have "GTA:O" and it will be the same basic concept but built upon as engines change and the games get better. What that concept is remains to be seen.

They have allowed 'Crews' to be carried over from Max Payne 3.

I think it's called GTA Online, for the same reason GTA V is a numerically named sequel. They are such a leap forward, they named them accordingly.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (CJ4LIFE1294 @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 08:42)
QUOTE (rockstargamer4life @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 08:41)
Because you can't play it , unless you cut the power off your console, and eat icecream while doing a headstand.......

thanks your for that sh*t comment

LMAo.. thats the best answer. icon14.gif cookie.gif

HARBUJAHN THE GREATEST
  • HARBUJAHN THE GREATEST

GRAND MASTER TROLL

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

i have a feeling you can build and lose your online empire in some way

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Gregers08 @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 08:21)
The fact they gave it a different names gives me the feeling they might give people the option to buy it separately as a stand alone product, it also gives me the impression that there is going to be a ton of DLC for it including clothes guns and cars.

They already said in the A&A that GTAO comes with Grand Theft Auto V itself.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

Pretty much what i wrote first, eh?

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

I think it's all R* games in the same world. Anything goes multiplayer. There will be Tommy Vercetti pitted against Niko. It will be Trevor VS Claude Speed. MP VS Gay Tony. That kinda thing. or not.

eight nine
  • eight nine

trolololling the trolls

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

Metal gear solid 3, metal gear solid 4 = Metal Gear Online?
Op likes call of duty 8 - battlefield combat 4

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

Looks like Private matches and restricted lobbies for me, the thought of a 10 year old trying to land a jumbo on a runway and crashing into buildings would be a joke, or jet spammers bombing everyone on the ground, and im sure Rockstar wont put any special weapons to counter act these, RPG isnt cutting it,

They better have SAMS or multiplayer free roam can do one,

ArmoredxApple
  • ArmoredxApple

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

I get his is a big possibility, but how would it work? if it would carry over, than that means that people from GTA 6 would be able to play with people playing GTA 5, and I don't see how that would work, seeing as GTA 6 would have much better mechanics, graphics, and probably just a whole different feel. The only thing I think would be carried over to other GTAs in the future would be your rank, money, and crew.

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Distrom @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 14:38)
QUOTE (Gregers08 @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 08:21)
The fact they gave it a different names gives me the feeling they might give people the option to buy it separately as a stand alone product, it also gives me the impression that there is going to be a ton of DLC for it including clothes guns and cars.

They already said in the A&A that GTAO comes with Grand Theft Auto V itself.

I know that I was saying they might sell iy as a standalone product at a cheaper price aswell as bundling it with gtav

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 14:18)
I think it's all R* games in the same world. Anything goes multiplayer. There will be Tommy Vercetti pitted against Niko. It will be Trevor VS Claude Speed. MP VS Gay Tony. That kinda thing. or not.

That would be cool, but I doubt they are going to pay for Ray Liottas voice acting for the online stuff.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

There has gotta be some kind of epic Heist mode. cool.gif

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (Vanzant @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 17:40)
QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 14:18)

That would be cool, but I doubt they are going to pay for Ray Liottas voice acting for the online stuff.

There's so many voice-over guys out there who can sound like Liotta that it wouldn't matter, at least to me it'd be good enough. I guess R* could do that, couldn't they? They own all rights to that stuff

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (stangone50 @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 11:16)
How does this online stuff work ?  do you need a computer or just the ps3 and television .how do you actually connect

the ps3 has to be connected to a wifi connection or wired connection via a router or a modem

haarp
  • haarp

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:32 AM

i have a feeling you will feel things

SpaggetAboutIt
  • SpaggetAboutIt

You shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:32 AM

I think they are going they are going to have a lot more players than last time (32/64), and that it's going to feel much more alive, like same amount of pedestrians, co-op story missions that you can just drive up to to start rather than going into a menu, and things like strangers missions on the street or playing the same mini-games as you did in the single player. They tried to do a lot of those things in the Red Dead multi-player but didn't fully succeed.

4thosebout2rock
  • 4thosebout2rock

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:55 AM

It may just be that it sounds better to name it that and it kinda makes the online seem more appealing because the "V" isn't tagged to it but I'd like to see some MMO type stuff added into the game.

refusion28
  • refusion28

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:57 AM

i reckon it be single player but online and you be in certain relms

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:00 AM

It's astonishing how many of you* didn't properly read the two sentences in OP. He is asking why it's just called Grand Theft Auto Online instead of Grand Theft Auto V Online.

And not why it's called online.. oh yeah, because it's not offline, it's an another word of multiplayer, etc. No f*cking sh*t.

*Literally everyone except me as it seems.

CJ4LIFE1294
  • CJ4LIFE1294

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Tuesday, Aug 6 2013, 09:00)
It's astonishing how many of you* didn't properly read the two sentences in OP. He is asking why it's just called Grand Theft Auto Online instead of Grand Theft Auto V Online.

And not why it's called online.. oh yeah, because it's not offline, it's an another word of multiplayer, etc. No f*cking sh*t.

*Literally everyone except me as it seems.

I've edited the question I asked to make it more obvious to what im actually asking smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users