Photo

GTA2 car sound problem

1 reply to this topic
Juzkah
  • Juzkah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

I have been struggling with GTA2 car sounds few days. I have made my own sounds to the cars and have imported them correctly and they work well. The problem is that how it is possible to change car models default sound to another. Example:

I have imported nice sport car to the romero's slot. Romero is using "SFX_STANDARD_SALOON_ENGINE.wav" engine sound as default from RAW file. I'd like to set it to use "SFX_SUPERCAR_ENGINE.wav" as engine sound. Is this impossible? I have been searching hours and hours from google and I have found nothing related this problem. I know these sounds index numbers etc but I haven't found where these cars engine sounds are coded. And that is not an option that I overwrite standard engine sound with supercar engine sound, cause then every car that is using standard engine sound as default goes supercar sound.

- Juzkah

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

I think they are hard coded, so it's all or nothing. You could run a STY editor and swap the graphics on some cars that use the less common engine sounds but that's a lot of work and some wouldn't fit in the small sprite slot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users