» «
Photo

Watch Dogs [WIP]

23 replies to this topic
Renok
  • Renok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:34 AM Edited by Renok, 06 August 2013 - 10:05 PM.

Good Day to you all.

Once in a while there appears a new modder and no one hears him. So this is my last try to find a community to help me developing this Mod.

I am working on a "Watch Dogs" Mod for GTA4 and well, it is not that bad looking at the moment, thinking that i only worked some weeks on it. (Okay, some weeks non-stop, but not too long)

So what features do i currently have?
- Custom PED-Information-HUD positioning
- Custom shaking amount of HUD
- Surveillance range (currently, the game crashes if you set it too high)
- Working on every PED but no random names, all the same, aside some special charackter like our Prayer here.
- Stop-Light/Traffic-Light Hacking

Since this isn't really that much? Here is some stuff that is planned:
- The Picture adding, and support for every single PED with random names, jobs and so on.
- The "Line"-Thingy that shows from your phone to the PEDs Head
- Effects behind the Info-HUD, so it's not that lifeless looking.
- Maybe making the HUD shake against the camera shake, but this might cause motion sickness.
- making the Head-Tracking-Cross follow the head more accurate, it's kinda bouncy at this time.

A lot stuff to do. But i will keep working on it if people like it.

I know, it currently is looking kinda dull, still and not really enjoyable, but if i get all the "original" effects in there? Might look pretty awesome.

So your only job is to give me some good words to keep working, and since talking/writing is pretty much talking without any proof? Yeah, here is a few second long ingame footage of the current mod status.

Might not be too much to see here, but the mod is currently pretty crash-tastic...looking in how to fix it, might take me some time.

Oh and if this is the wrong section? Please just move it. Didn't really know where to post it.

EDIT:

The Stop-Light/Traffic-Light hack is now implemented.

I added some visual and sound effects to the mod to give it a bit more of a cyber look and feel.

Visual Effects can be turned on and off.
Volume can be customized too. So you can adjust it if it is too loud. Also, the volume will be affected by the ingame max-vol.

Video can be found here:

jykl
  • jykl

Buttmunch

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

Oh man that looks amazing. Bringing the cyberpunk elements of Watch Dogs into GTA is something I've been wanting since Watch Dogs was announced, even. It's been attempted before with Nevitro's Watch Cats mod, but that one was kind of finicky and on a much more basic level. Best of luck to you, man!

Renok
  • Renok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

Yeah. I saw that mod, and it wasn't that bad. But i missed the Watch Dogs HUD and Interfaces.

It was really hard to get them into the game and are still looking a bit wobbely. But I can hopefully fix those problems.

The bouncing of the PED-Interface on the left is configurable. I think it doesn't look that great if it just stands still.

Bud the Head-Pointer is a bit harder since it's all HUD Elements and those are controlled by the movement of the player. At the moment i see no way on sticking them on the PED itself, making it a lot easier. But there might be a way.

Currently, I am working on giving some control. Now that the HUD is working in some sort of way. Ill now try to control the Stoplights, and all with the Footage i saw from the Original, so I can recreate the look.

jykl
  • jykl

Buttmunch

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:08 PM

Yeah man, keep at it. You might want to put this into the "coding section" though. And as soon as you have something to release put it up into the Mod Showroom. It'll attract more people and you might be able to get some of the help you need.

Renok
  • Renok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

Original post has been edited.

Stoplight hacking has now been added, along side some visual and sound effects.

Link:

jykl
  • jykl

Buttmunch

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

Looks nice man. Added a thing to my signature, maybe it'll draw more people to your mod.

gtagamer9
  • gtagamer9

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

Looks So Cooooooooooooooool :D
can you maybe make a aiden pearce skin ?
anyway looks super cool.

Sorry for bad english .

onetidd
  • onetidd

972 Represent'

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

Wow it's seems very good for a start, nice mod, looking forward to it smile.gif

Urethra
  • Urethra

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

It looks amazing! Keep up the good work biggrin.gif
I love the idea.

luchi
  • luchi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:23 AM

wooww!! pretty amazing!! Added to my favorites's page to keep tracking the progress, like Arrest.Warrant mod.
If yout could keep it joypad friendly it would be awesome!
Thank you for the work!

Supaplex
  • Supaplex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

Hey, always wanted to see someone do this, actually once i tried doing it myself but i know nothing about scripts for gta 4 biggrin.gif really great to see someone finally go up to that smile.gif

Is there any way i could help you tho ?

I have a youtube channel, we could add icenhancer and with ENB and some ultra textures, make a tricky video showing the stuff you have made so far, could gain alot popularity shortly smile.gif

taskforce
  • taskforce

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

VERY Nice Mod, you're working on icon14.gif

Really interested to see more of it.

georgg1996
  • georgg1996

georgg1996

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

man its awesome good luck to your work (waiting for release like a retard) biggrin.gif ^_^

Renok
  • Renok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

Hey Guys.

The Mod it getting along pretty well.

But i might need the help of you.

It's not really needed but would be amazing if someone could create a Aiden Pearce Playermodel. I might get amazing Mods to work. But I am not the best in creating skins and other models...so it would be great if you could help me out here.

Massyl
  • Massyl

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:03 AM

Seems pretty cool man! keep working! and before you release it, talk with taltigolt and ask him to make a video of your mod and it will become pretty known. Keep going, never give up!

JmasterWolfie101
  • JmasterWolfie101

Player Hater

• Members
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:24 PM

Hey Renok link to Aiden Pearce skin here http://www.gta4-mods...-skin-v2-f27044 your welcome :)

JmasterWolfie101
  • JmasterWolfie101

Player Hater

• Members
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:20 PM

Hey Guys.

It's not really needed but would be amazing if someone could create a Aiden Pearce Playermodel. I might get amazing Mods to work. But I am not the best in creating skins and other models...so it would be great if you could help me out here.

Hey Renok link to Aiden Pearce skin here http://www.gta4-mods...-skin-v2-f27044 your welcome  :)

UltraNineNine
  • UltraNineNine

Nothing Is Really Over Until The Moment You Stop Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:46 AM

Hey Guys.

Hey Renok link to Aiden Pearce skin here http://www.gta4-mods...-skin-v2-f27044 your welcome  :)

The skin look's old (sorry).Here the new one:http://www.gta4-mods...tch-dogs-f27904

_Charger_
  • _Charger_

Germany

• Members

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:03 PM

Wow awesome the traffic light handle... what script is it? scripthook? didn't know it's possible to change traffic lights and make those audio/video-effects

would you explain how u did that?

Ricebox
  • Ricebox

Mommy

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:51 AM

From the comments on the video: "I had to stop working on this project due to some copyright claims from a nice company and also some time issues because I have to work on bigger project."

So I think it's safe to say this project's dead.

Rugz007
  • Rugz007

Scripters ... roll out !

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

guys i know a guy who is making the weapon wheel ;) 

X-POWER
  • X-POWER

Player Hater

• Members
  • Oman

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:34 PM

work that you made very very impressive.

UltraNineNine
  • UltraNineNine

Nothing Is Really Over Until The Moment You Stop Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

work that you made very very impressive.

Has to agree with you but a dead project always be dead friend

faizauthar12
  • faizauthar12

Gamer

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

i am waiting bro ;) 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users