Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA III Speedrun Discussion.

11 replies to this topic
Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:38 AM

GTA III Speedrun Discussion.

I've made this thread to discuss speedruns of the great game that is Grand Theft Auto 3 and how they can be completed quicker and more efficiently, including fast methods to complete missions and even as minor details and traffic routes to get to the mission.

I have never done a speedrun of this game but have watched a few on YouTube and am planning in doing one once I get around to purchasing the game on PC as it is undeniably quicker at loading both cutscenes and islands of the map than the PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions.

I'll start off with Give Me Liberty, what is the quickest way one can complete this?

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:40 AM

Reserved.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:44 AM Edited by 0909090, 04 August 2013 - 07:55 AM.

I have done speedun before, but it was a terrible attempt as I didn't know the game well back then. I found very interesting speedrun:

For some reason he watches all the cutscenes, but his playing style is amazing. And his Dodo skills are incredible

Who completes Espresso to go like that? mercie_blink.gif
After I've watched this speedrun I've realised that I'm pretty bad at this game.. Very impressive speedrun in my opinion. I'd recommend to watch at least these 2 parts.

I see you reserved some posts, hopefully I didn't post too early. blush.gif

EDIT: I thought I would share some interesting things I've found:
<Current storyline record>
<Current 100% completion record>
<Forum thread about planning of the 100% record>
<His youtube channel>

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

That was done with the help of a tool-assisted-speedrun or whatever it's named.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

OK so we all know Claude enters and exits cars quicker when the door has fallen off, do you think it is more efficient in Give Me Liberty, where you can use the Kuruma for a good 5 minutes of play time AFTER the mission, to take a second or two off your time to knock the door off by crashing against a wall but then keep using the Kuruma as both a reasonably quick car but also because it is much quicker to get into and out of compared to a normal car now that it is lacking a door?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

Wouldn't it just be easier to get out so Claude does not shut the door? Then you would get in the same way as if the car didnt have a door

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Out of Commission

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

I don't think the extra seconds that having no door(s) is worth it imo. It leads to a higher chance of the police busting you.

iirc my best speed run was a little over 2 hours. EDIT: 2 Hours, 4 Minutes and 24 seconds to be exact.

http://www.gtaforums...20Speedrun&st=0

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

If it is a well-executed Speedrun there shouldn't be the possibility of police busting you, if I were to get busted anyway I would obviously restart the segment.
I think it could be worth it in certain portions of the game where police are pretty much out of the way.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14 - Supralux

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

I'm thinking of doing a speedrun on the Xbox version of the game in the future. The thing is I don't even know how playable this game is on the console versions. I mean the aiming in some of the rampages where you have to shoot heads off, that's hard even on the PC version. I can't imagine how hard it is with a controller.

I want to complete the game 100% in one go and save only once at the end.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 23:24)
I'm thinking of doing a speedrun on the Xbox version of the game in the future. The thing is I don't even know how playable this game is on the console versions. I mean the aiming in some of the rampages where you have to shoot heads off, that's hard even on the PC version. I can't imagine how hard it is with a controller.

I want to complete the game 100% in one go and save only once at the end.

It depends how good you are with a controller, because I am quite good with one (I even use it on the PC version as I suck at Keyboard and mouse) its a lot easier. Good luck ____ icon14.gif

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14 - Supralux

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

Manual aim is easier with a controller? I kinda doubt that.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

As I said, if you are used to a controller and have had much experience, its easy. I didn't mean easier than a mouse, i just meant the rampages are easier than if you don't use controllers often.

A Mouse is a lot easier.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users