Photo

Can I have some opinions?

7 replies to this topic
Rockstar Cake
  • Rockstar Cake

Acid Breath

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:28 AM

Hey fellow sea urchins and extradimensional E.T. beings with a fondness for orange slices and fetal spooning,

I'm making a website for me and my friend's Grand Theft Auto roleplay community. I'm only a tadpole over half done, so please keep that in mind! Nevertheless, opinions on the overall look and feel of the site, especially with the GTA V page and its subpages would be badass. Positive and negative feedback please, my feels and jimmys will remain unrustled.

Thanks!

~ - - - - -
http://drowneuphoria.wix.com/crew69
- - - - - ~

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

Too many images! nervous.gif You could probably combine the ones at the top into one image just to make everything load better. And if you made the header a little shorter it'd look a lot nicer. You could also combine all of the games you play into one button and have room for the News and Events sections in the bar. Otherwise I like it.

Rockstar Cake
  • Rockstar Cake

Acid Breath

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 19:17)
Too many images! nervous.gif You could probably combine the ones at the top into one image just to make everything load better. And if you made the header a little shorter it'd look a lot nicer. You could also combine all of the games you play into one button and have room for the News and Events sections in the bar. Otherwise I like it.

Thanks for the input! I'm actually talking with the other leader about scrapping GTA IV and Forza, and just focusing on V, as it appears V is going to be quite a handful in itself. He agrees at this point. And I actually am in the process of optimizing load times, combining images and all that. Question: Did the site load within you view? As in, you didn't have to zoom out to see the whole thing? I don't like Wix's auto-fit feature, it tends to distort things and move them around for no reason, and it dramatically increases loadtimes, especially on older PCs, and makes it next to impossible to load on mobile devices.

Having separate pages for News and Events sounds badass - I wanted to do that, but I also didn't want to clutter the navbar, but with scrapping those, I'll have room!

Thanks for the help! cookie.gif cookie.gif

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (OP)
Question: Did the site load within you view? As in, you didn't have to zoom out to see the whole thing?

Yeah it did. Here's a screenshot of how it loads for me. (Firefox 22.0, 1440x900 resolution)

Rockstar Cake
  • Rockstar Cake

Acid Breath

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 20:54)
QUOTE (OP)
Question: Did the site load within you view? As in, you didn't have to zoom out to see the whole thing?

Yeah it did. Here's a screenshot of how it loads for me. (Firefox 22.0, 1440x900 resolution)

Very cool! I'm going to be publishing the updated version of the site later today.

Rik96
  • Rik96

-Turbo Lover-

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

I like it ..with firefox does looks cool.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

Ooh, I like it way more than I did three months ago!

It's a tiny thing, but that text in the middle row looks kind of unprofessional, like a kid's art project website. I think it might be the awkward spacing, and the few punctuation errors. Or maybe it's just how it contrasts so much with the pre-order box just next to it, maybe putting it in all caps would look nice, especially with that font.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

Looks really cool, I've seen some fan pages for games before and yours is definitely one of the better looking ones.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users