Quantcast

» «
Photo

Clothes Customization in V

26 replies to this topic

Poll: So, how detailed would you like clothes customization to be in GTA V (each option applies to all 3 protagonists equally)? (236 member(s) have cast votes)

So, how detailed would you like clothes customization to be in GTA V (each option applies to all 3 protagonists equally)?

1. As close as possible to GTA San Andreas (even more detailed if possible) for all 3 protagonists (195 votes [88.24%])

Percentage of vote: 88.24%

2. GTA IV detail of clothes customization is fine by me (8 votes [3.62%])

Percentage of vote: 3.62%

3. GTA VC/ GTA LCS/ GTA TBoGT fixes Outfit style system is enough (2 votes [0.90%])

Percentage of vote: 0.90%

4. Don't care about clothes customization. One outfit throughout the whole game (for all 3 protags) is fine by me (6 votes [2.71%])

Percentage of vote: 2.71%

5. Other (specify) (10 votes [4.52%])

Percentage of vote: 4.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote
dre91
  • dre91

One day.... I'm goin' legitimate

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:50 PM Edited by dre91, 03 August 2013 - 03:53 PM.

So, I think clothes customization is quite important in a GTA game and I expect it to be quite detailed (more than in GTA IV definitely )!!!

Personally, I expect it to be at least as detailed as in GTA San Andreas.
If not, even more for all 3 protagonists. Don't know why, but the gameplay trailer got me thinking that there's no reason why not to expect this in GTA V. It is the latest GTA game on current gen consoles after all. It should have everything in this aspect, imo.

1. So, what do you guys think?

2. Also, what outfit/clothes combo do you see your favorite protag (or any other of the remainig 2) wearing in GTA V?

Personally, as Michael is my favorite protagonist, I would like to see a whole lot of clothes customization.
I would like to see a some pattern suits and shirts (either pinstripes, squares etc.) with him.
You know, like in the The Godfather games (please DO NOT compare the quality of GTA to any of the EA's Godfather's games (I'm simply stating it because this is a fun feature I would like being included in V, you know, a whole lotta suits with a whole lotta customization for them (colors, patterns etc.)).

Franklin, my 2nd favorite protag personally... I'd love to see him in some "hood" clothes, but also in some "more serious" suit kinda clothes as well.

As for Trevor, I don't really mind playing as him in just 1 or 2-3 kinda outfits throughout the whole f*ckin' game.
I think the messy "f*ck you, I don't give a f*ck about my appearance" kinda look suits him (and paying as him) perfectly!

Whatevever the case though, I expect to have a hell lotta fun playing the newest installment of the GTA franchise! icon14.gif

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Nobs4Lyf

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

I want it like San Andreas, and the way things are looking. It just might be.

dre91
  • dre91

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (PoeticWhisper @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 15:51)
I want it like San Andreas, and the way things are looking. It just might be.

Yep, exactly! icon14.gif
Let's hope so!

TaazR
  • TaazR

Interiors & Parkour

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

I'd actually like something like Saints Row 2, where there are multiple layers (vests, shirts, jackets) and you can choose the color of any clothing item you buy.

But we'll probably just see an improved version of SA customization.

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

Euh, I voted the wrong answer confused.gif
I want to color my underwear... plssss

Like... this

user posted image

Ok, maybe not color but I want THIS underwear for god sake!!!

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

Don't call me guy, I have no peenus.I have nice new tits btw

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

I really hope like SA, it was so great.. so many options to make our progagonist looks awesome.Yeah thanks to graphic it was not big bomb great, but anyways still better than GTAIV.
GTAIV is good, everything what's in suits for this game.
Can't wait to buy some black suit for Trevor, just for fun!I love every detail... so we'll see! smile.gif

Kjax39
  • Kjax39

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

Whoever voted for it to be like IV has no standards

ninja1232
  • ninja1232

Its the Final Countdown.....

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

Looks like it's on par with San Andreas with the amount of clothing purchasable, so far so good biggrin.gif

7csc
  • 7csc

Northwood !

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

I want it like SA!! I just loved that game and the clothes !!

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:26 PM

Since Trevor can go adventuring in his stained underwear, wonder if
Michael and Franklin can do the same. tounge.gif

GTA_La_Costra_Nostra
  • GTA_La_Costra_Nostra

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

Not Saint's Row 2 detailed, but more like you can't pick the color, but there are so many different articles of clothing it doesn't matter.

btw a little off topic, but it R* ever say anything about being able to customize the hair/facial hair of the protags?

Jedi Master Tom
  • Jedi Master Tom

Be with you, the Force may

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (taazr @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 16:57)
I'd actually like something like Saints Row 2, where there are multiple layers (vests, shirts, jackets) and you can choose the color of any clothing item you buy.

But we'll probably just see an improved version of SA customization.

This right here. I am not a fan of the SR series, but character customization is something those games do really well.

Why do so many people want SA style clothing options? I'd rather not spend 5 minutes waiting for options to load just to see if I even like the color of a specific hat/jacket/ect...

mika96
  • mika96

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

well from the looks of things,you can make some of the manhunt gang costumes,which is sweet,lets hope it carrys over into multiplayer

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:57 PM

I want everything SA had and then some.

PHOENIXZERO
  • PHOENIXZERO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:24 AM

We already got a good idea what it's like from the gameplay video and thankfully changing clothes isn't going to take forever like it did in IV and GTA:SA.

4thosebout2rock
  • 4thosebout2rock

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:19 AM

More than likely all the clothes for each character will be suited to who your buying clothes for because Trevor in a Letterman jacket would kill the vibe of his character but I think when it comes to general clothing we will see a lot more than we did with IV but i think were clothing customization will really shine will be multiplayer

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:23 AM

I don't think there is clothing customization. It's just going to be improved from IV, keep the expectations realistic or you are setting yourself for disappointment. In the gameplay trailer, we saw Franklin buying clothes, alas the purple baseball jacket, that's all. Even though we didn't see the whole thing, it briefly tells us there isn't any customization. But since we didn't see it FULLY, I guess there could be some possibility.

DrDucky
  • DrDucky

3 days left!

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:46 AM

like Saint's Row 1 & 2

u could roll up ur pant legs, change clothing colors, sag, switch how u wear ur hats/bandanas, pull up ur hood, tuck in ur shirts, button up shirts & coats, add logos, change patterns & materials, and have multiple layers of clothes.

dre91
  • dre91

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (GTA_La_Costra_Nostra @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 22:29)
btw a little off topic, but it R* ever say anything about being able to customize the hair/facial hair of the protags?

Haircuts have been confirmed, not sure about facial hair customization though...

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

I wish it would be just like Saint's Row 2. The clothing options in that game were awesome. I want layers of clothes, piercings, different hairstyles, facial hair, a wide variety of tattoos, etc.

Los Santos Police Department
  • Los Santos Police Department

Chief of the LSPD

• Members
  • Bahrain
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

The customisation should be like San Andreas, but there should also be a colour option, so you can get any dress you want, in the colour you want.

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

I actually expect it to be more like IV, but with a lot more articles of clothing to choose from. The gameplay trailer made it seem like you couldn't really choose colors or anything, you just choose from a list of clothing. More like how it is in real life, honestly. But also more options so that you can get the color you want in the style you want, for the most part. I also don't expect much layering. Like, you can't choose a shirt and then what jacket is being worn over it or how the jacket is being worn. I actually recall SA basically being like this as well. But things like accessories could be extra, like Trevor's watch or maybe some bling Franklin can wear.

Obviously I would like it to be detailed as possible, choosing layers, colors, how clothes are worn, etc. basically every option available in a Saints Row game (but with better clothes) apart from being able to make the character from scratch.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

I don't really care for customization options for my character but I still want a system where you can buy pieces of clothing from stores and mix and match your own outfit. I won't spend a huge amount of time on it as a feature, but it's a nice touch. Moreover, if you have that you can apply it to peds as well and create way more variation in them, by remixing them and their outfits. One ped model can become like 15 different people and it would hardly be noticeable. That's my main reason to have it.

It also creates a level of immersion that's subtle but pretty deep. If you see a ped wearing a sweatshirt you want, you can get it.. provided you know where. Extremely cool clothes can be hard to find, etc.. it's not like that would add a whole dimension to the game, but it would be a nice touch that adds life and interest to the gameworld.

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

I want it to be extremely detailed. Me, personally, love to keep changing the character's clothes and stuff...

MRDR
  • MRDR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (DrDucky @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 02:46)
like Saint's Row 1 & 2

u could roll up ur pant legs, change clothing colors, sag, switch how u wear ur hats/bandanas, pull up ur hood, tuck in ur shirts, button up shirts & coats, add logos, change patterns & materials, and have multiple layers of clothes.

I would like it to be like this too. I highly doubt it's actually going to be, but the one feature I could live with is layering clothes. I hope it goes above and beyond San Andreas.

For those who say we might be limited in clothing selection depending of which character we're playing as, I'm really hoping that isn't the case, though it is reasonable. Michael and Trevor are shown wearing the same shirt in a trailer and a screenshot though.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (gtamad8 @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 23:57)
I want everything SA had and then some.

This. The more options the better. I really hope customisation isn't shallow in the game.

GTA fan from the United Kingdom
  • GTA fan from the United Kingdom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

As detailed as SA hopefully.

Im gonna get Michael swaggered up in a suit and give him some sunglasses.
Im gonna give Franklin some tracksuit bottoms, some nice creps and a hoody and maybe a gold chain.
Would be cool if Trevor had still had his army uniform from when he was a pilot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users