» «
Photo

Walking chop on a leash.

19 replies to this topic
WillemHoef
  • WillemHoef

woop woop

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:23 PM Edited by WillemHoef, 03 August 2013 - 03:33 PM.

Hi, I saw in Franklins trailer at around 0:09 seconds that the guy (Lamar) Franklin was talking to was holding a dog leash. Now, most of you will curse and bash me if you already noticed this, but I did see quite alot of questions about whether or not we're going to be able to walk a dog (chop or another one) on a leash. Well, here you have it I guess! biggrin.gif

GTAmsterdamN
  • GTAmsterdamN

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

What would be fun about taking chop for a walk on a leash?

maybe if he craps on the sidewalk and some peds slips through it and got all sh*t under his shoes and he gets mad that would be fun, but i dont see the point of a leash ._.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

Based on the gameplay trailer it seems not. Unless you walk Chop on a leash when you don't want him to attack or run away.

WillemHoef
  • WillemHoef

woop woop

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (GTAmsterdamN @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 15:26)

maybe if he craps on the sidewalk and some peds slips through it and got all sh*t under his shoes and he gets mad that would be fun, but i dont see the point of a leash ._.

Now, point out where i said that i think it'll be a fun/particular good thing? I said nothing about good or bad

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

I dont think we are going to have to Chop as it seems that he just follows you, so maybe you walk him on a leash during parts of missions but doubt you HAVE to do it in free roam.

alex3
  • alex3

\m/ o_o \m/

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (WillemHoef @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 15:23)
Hi, I saw in Franklins trailer at around 0:09 seconds that the guy Franklin was talking to was holding a dog leash.

His name is Lamar. smile.gif

WillemHoef
  • WillemHoef

woop woop

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (alex3 @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 15:32)
Hi, I saw in Franklins trailer at around 0:09 seconds that the guy Franklin was talking to was holding a dog leash.

That's it! I forgot for a moment icon14.gif

alex3
  • alex3

\m/ o_o \m/

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (WillemHoef @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 15:32)
QUOTE (alex3 @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 15:32)

That's it! I forgot for a moment icon14.gif

Hah, no problem smile.gif

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

I hope we don't have to have him on a leash, I'm pretty sure, he follows you. Most of the time.

JupiterSound
  • JupiterSound

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:21 PM

Different people find different things fun. That's the beauty of GTA. It allows everyone to play their own unique way. Maybe walking Chop on a leash wouldn't be the most exciting feature ever to be put into a GTA game, but it would certainly add a level of immersion for certain players.

CallCenterZombie
  • CallCenterZombie

Sour Tooth

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (JupiterSound @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 11:21)

Different people find different things fun. That's the beauty of GTA. It allows everyone to play their own unique way. Maybe walking Chop on a leash wouldn't be the most exciting feature ever to be put into a GTA game, but it would certainly add a level of immersion for certain players.

Well spoken and I second this. I want to take him for a walk on the beach for a little down time before the day's heist. cool.gif

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (GTAmsterdamN @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 03:26)

I have a funny feeling there will be a animation of Chop cocking his leg up at every opportunity.

GTAmsterdamN
  • GTAmsterdamN

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (aaronimpact @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 16:37)
QUOTE (GTAmsterdamN @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 03:26)

I have a funny feeling there will be a animation of Chop cocking his leg up at every opportunity.

Maybe even leg humping included!

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

It would be better. You can control them more while on a leash. While it is loose, the bigger chance of it getting killed by a car or someone attacking the dog then you'll have to end up killing at the attacker.

GTAmsterdamN
  • GTAmsterdamN

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:09 PM Edited by GTAmsterdamN, 03 August 2013 - 05:11 PM.

QUOTE (Vagos MC @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 17:05)

It would be better. You can control them more while on a leash. While it is loose, the bigger chance of it getting killed by a car or someone attacking the dog then you'll have to end up killing at the attacker.

I think the leash speculation is lame.
And even if Chop was stupid enough to do that, just go to the pet store and buy another ChopFlop
And why do u use that horrible green text? u think ur superior or something?

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (GTAmsterdamN @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 17:09)
QUOTE (Vagos MC @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 17:05)

I think the leash speculation is lame.
And even if Chop was stupid enough to do that, just go to the pet store and buy another ChopFlop
And why do u use that horrible green text? u think ur superior or something?

Questioning me about why I color the text green has nothing to do with this topic. sarcasm.gif
Don't change the topic. We're speaking about keeping chop on a leash. Putting Chop off the leash is quite risky and is better to keep it on the leash just to play it safe. I guess you don't have to keep it on a leash. It works both ways

03silverbullet
  • 03silverbullet

multiplaya4life

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

i'm sure there are leash laws in LS. from what i read in a Ukrainian game mag about the game, if the pigs in blue notice your dog off the leash, they will haul it off or put it down right there in front of you.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

You'll probably get a fine if you take Chop to Venice (sorry, Vespucci) beach with no leash. I'm interested to know how we'll be able able to interact with him. Is he completely autonomous, or can you instruct him to do things.

xrCore
  • xrCore

'MURICA

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

I hope we can drag him like we could do to people in RDR using the lasso.

CallCenterZombie
  • CallCenterZombie

Sour Tooth

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (xrCore @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 13:09)
I hope we can drag him like we could do to people in RDR using the lasso.

If you try he'll bite ya nutsack off... sneaky2.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users