Photo

college football

42 replies to this topic
Bigs
  • Bigs

OG

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

Yeah there are many appeals to college sports. As you said, localized teams plus the enthusiasm that university-aged fans bring with them. There's less bullsh*t when it comes to salaries, caps, trades, and all that nonsense that is associated with the professional leagues.

Plus, as the above poster mentioned, it's great to see players at the beginning of their sports career and watch them blossom into better athletes/multimillionaires as they progress. Another thing is the prestige and history behind a lot of the NCAA programs, they go back much further than most NFL teams.

That being said, the only turn-off for me with college football (and for a lot of people) is the BCS. Even though they're moving into a "playoff style" post-season, I doubt they'll ever be able to work out a way to rival the intensity of the NFL post-season.

TwasthedaybeforeGTAV
  • TwasthedaybeforeGTAV

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

I was born and currently live in Seattle. Always have. Went to Washington ('05 Alumni). 

f*ck Oregon and f*ck the Cougs. 

I also hope Alabama rapes the living sh*t out of A&M. I hate that ego-headed piece of sh*t Manziel and all of the fans of Texas A&M. Cocky ass f*ckers. 

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

I also hope Alabama rapes the living sh*t out of A&M.

Agree to disagree.

Gig 'em Aggies :^:

Smokin Shadowz
  • Smokin Shadowz

Sociopath

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:05 AM

ROLL TIDE!!!!
Been waiting a whole year for Johnny Football to get that ego shoved down his throat.

wvpu85.jpg

Tommy Corelli
  • Tommy Corelli

somethin else

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

ROLL TIDE!!!!
Been waiting a whole year for Johnny Football to get that ego shoved down his throat.

wvpu85.jpg

Pretty sure him QB'ing a shootout with the best team in the country has done little to nothing to his ego

TwasthedaybeforeGTAV
  • TwasthedaybeforeGTAV

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Washington is going to skull f*ck Oregon this year. 

ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

Washington is going to skull f*ck Oregon this year. 

Doubt it. UDub is definitely improved but Oregon is on another level. There is a shot for an upset there but to be confident enough to say they are going to "skull f*ck" them is a little crazy.

Now if you were to say that Oregon is going to "skull f*ck" My Cal Bears this week, I wouldn't argue. Not because Cal's O isn't good but our Defense sucks. The Offense is actually pretty damn good.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:55 AM

I have to say I'm a little dissapointed Bama didn't 3peat. Would have really been something to see. Oh well. But with that said who do you think the VERY EARLY favorite is for next year? Keep in mind the new playoff which will change things a up. Im going with Alabama tbh. But my opinions could be changed after spring workouts and the season rolls around.  

ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:42 PM

I'm Glad Bama didn't win. I hate Nick Saban. He is a Liar and complains about anything that doesn't go his way. But he is a f*ckign good college Coach.

FSU with Winston Coming back should be the Favorite. Bama will be up there. Oklahoma looked good in their win vs Bama. And Michigan State.

I'm just Hoping Cal can do something respectable next year. 1-11 was the worst Cal team I have ever seen. Not a good start for Sonny Dykes.

Also, I didn't renew for season tickets next year. I enjoy watching a lot of games on TV. Driving down to Berkeley every home game, You miss a lot of cool sh*t that happens in all the other games. I don't want to miss a bunch of cool sh*t while I am watching My Team get their asses kicked week in and week out. Plus the 2 hour drive gets old.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

Go Bucks!!

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

Go Noles.

It was soul crushing not being in Tally or LA for the game.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:56 AM

I'm Glad Bama didn't win. I hate Nick Saban. He is a Liar and complains about anything that doesn't go his way. But he is a f*ckign good college Coach.

FSU with Winston Coming back should be the Favorite. Bama will be up there. Oklahoma looked good in their win vs Bama. And Michigan State.

I'm just Hoping Cal can do something respectable next year. 1-11 was the worst Cal team I have ever seen. Not a good start for Sonny Dykes.

Also, I didn't renew for season tickets next year. I enjoy watching a lot of games on TV. Driving down to Berkeley every home game, You miss a lot of cool sh*t that happens in all the other games. I don't want to miss a bunch of cool sh*t while I am watching My Team get their asses kicked week in and week out. Plus the 2 hour drive gets old.

I was surprised at how well Sparty did this year. I know they have had some really good seasons recently but I didn't expect this from them. 

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:35 PM

Anyone see FSU's new logo?

1451404_10151908313765771_1265479067_n.j

533dac1f3cf86.image.jpg

533dad719f52c.image.jpg

533dad106f6a1.image.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users