Photo

CnC ethics question

12 replies to this topic
cooldude346
  • cooldude346

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:34 AM

Hello forum users. I have a valid question about cops n' crooks on multiplayer online.
But first, I would like to introduce myself.
I am cooldude346 and play on the ps3. I used to be a AA noob but now play DA most of the time. (I still play AA sometimes, but only against high ranking players). I have had the game for over 4 years but play sporadically so I don't rank high on the leaderboards.

I must mention that I am a fair player and don't take or destroy the gv. I might have in old times, but no more.

Anyways, my question is that: say you are a cop for this round. The getaway vehicle is a heli. However, one of crooks take the gv away to safeguard it someplace and then return back to the boss to continue fighting. However, when the boss goes to escape, a crook who got the heli and is flying to pick up the boss has an accident and the wings of the chopper breaks off. As we know, the game will keep going on as there is no way for the boss to escape, but the gv is not completely destroyed. Is it acceptable to destroy the gv in this case?

I ask because I faced the exact situation in a match one time with high ranked players. I ended up eventually destroying it but only after a good 10-15 mins of chasing the boss AFTER the heli had become disabled. The boss was just flying all over the place and I was chasing him in my heli with a friend. We eventually gave up because he wouldn't get on the ground and fight.

Afterwards, the boss sent me message saying I was a f*cking idiot for destroying the gv. Not that I care about what he thinks of me, but I just want to know what some of you guys would do in this situation.

Cheers.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

Here is what usualy happens in such situations:

1. Boss suicide
2. Crooks destroy the getaway
3. Boss with crooks goes to camp in some building and try to get as much money from killing cops as they can

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

To answer your question, no. I don't think it is okay for you to destory it. Only the Boss or Cops can make the decision to end the game.

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

Ignore that dick above^

Hi Cooldude,

I used to be ranked quite highly on the CnC leaderboard on Ps3, and I only played disallow and always tried to be fair.
I think you did the right thing, it wouldn't be right to destroy it immediately, but if the boss is a coward and wants to fly around for 15 minutes, instead of playing to get kills, destroying the GV to get to the next game, is the right thing to do in my book. If I was the boss I'd of destroyed it myself, or played a little more risky. Perhaps the boss didn't know what had happened to the GV?
It's an annoying glitch that a heli GV partially destroyed doesn't end the game, like a boat flipped does.

Here's an ethical debate, you see a crook entering the GV, you've only got an RPG, do you use it?

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:45 AM Edited by Jimbatron, 03 August 2013 - 04:45 PM.

I concur, if the getaway vehicle's blades have broken, then it is fair game to destroy it. It should normally be done in consultation with both teams though.

One thing that can give the game a bit more meaning from this point is if the Boss camps in a building for a last stand. Can the Cops take him out before the game realised the getaway is broken? (There seems to be a huge delay in it working out the blades have snapped, but it generally works it out after 5 minutes or so).

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 21:26)
Ignore that dick above^

Hi Cooldude,

I used to be ranked quite highly on the CnC  leaderboard on Ps3, and I only played disallow and always tried to be fair.
I think you did the right thing, it wouldn't be right to destroy it immediately, but if the boss is a coward and wants to fly around for 15 minutes, instead of playing to get kills, destroying the GV to get to the next game, is the right thing to do in my book. If I was the boss I'd of destroyed it myself, or played a little more risky. Perhaps the boss didn't know what had happened to the GV?
It's an annoying glitch that a heli GV partially destroyed doesn't end the game, like a boat flipped does.

Here's an ethical debate, you see a crook entering the GV, you've only got an RPG, do you use it?

Vagina,

Who says the Boss is a coward? Mayybe he wants heli fights?

Regards

Dick

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Go eat your mom's ass

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 21:26)

Depends on where the boss is:

If he is nearby, I'll run at him like a suicide bomber yelling ALALALALALALA trying to kill him and myself.

If he is far away, I will shoot the helicopter IF the crook takes off, then I can blame it on the crook tounge2.gif

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 20:26)

The PC CnC club decided to ban this a long time ago. The club rules state that you can only fire on a crook entering the getaway with bullets, not rpgs or grenades. The rationale is that the golden rule is you don't destroy the getaway. Otherwise the cops could just race there at the start and blow it up. However, if you hide and camp with an RPG, waiting for a crook to get in, and then blow it up, it would amount to the same thing. So we agreed bullets only to effectively close a loop-hole in the rule.

We allow the getaway to be destroyed with an rpg/grenade/helicopter kamikazee attack only when the Boss is entering/has entered the getaway vehicle, i.e it should take him out as well.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Jimbatron @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 18:41)

The PC CnC club decided to ban this a long time ago. The club rules state that you can only fire on a crook entering the getaway with bullets, not rpgs or grenades. The rationale is that the golden rule is you don't destroy the getaway. Otherwise the cops could just race there at the start and blow it up. However, if you hide and camp with an RPG, waiting for a crook to get in, and then blow it up, it would amount to the same thing. So we agreed bullets only to effectively close a loop-hole in the rule.

We allow the getaway to be destroyed with an rpg/grenade/helicopter kamikazee attack only when the Boss is entering/has entered the getaway vehicle, i.e it should take him out as well.

icon14.gif Great rules, PC CnC community sounds like a great bunch of players to play with, each sticking to the golden rules.

I used to keep a list on ps3 of those who would cheat by destroying getaways when I played religiously.

CnC's Golden Rule
Don't touch, destroy or move the getaway unless it's a last resort!

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:58 PM Edited by Jimbatron, 03 August 2013 - 10:01 PM.

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 20:33)

icon14.gif Great rules, PC CnC community sounds like a great bunch of players to play with, each sticking to the golden rules.

I used to keep a list on ps3 of those who would cheat by destroying getaways when I played religiously.

CnC's Golden Rule

Yeah its generally good on the PC, but any "rules" in games like this tend to have annoying grey areas.

For instance, we generally say once a getaway helicopter is in flight you should not shoot it (unless the boss is in), as if you kill the crook flying it will destroy it when it crashes. However, how far in the air does it have to be before you ought to stop shooting? It's quite important at Booth Tunnel or Helitours, because if the crook pilot gains any kind of forward momentum when you kill him, the getaway will slip off the pad and into the river. We also have a gentleman's agreement not to spawn kill crooks, but how long exactly should you leave them for?

But as you say, there's one thing that's most important - cop's don't move or destroy getaway! But even that, you have exceptions. As cops, we've occasionally taken getaway helis that are on fire to a health pack and then put it back (most often because a crook has left a car next to it, that has subsequently blown up and set fire to the helicotper).

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (Jimbatron @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 21:58)
QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 20:33)

CnC's Golden Rule

Yeah its generally good on the PC, but any "rules" in games like this tend to have annoying grey areas.

For instance, we generally say once a getaway helicopter is in flight you should not shoot it (unless the boss is in), as if you kill the crook flying it will destroy it when it crashes. However, how far in the air does it have to be before you ought to stop shooting? It's quite important at Booth Tunnel or Helitours, because if the crook pilot gains any kind of forward momentum when you kill him, the getaway will slip off the pad and into the river. We also have a gentleman's agreement not to spawn kill crooks, but how long exactly should you leave them for?

But as you say, there's one thing that's most important - cop's don't move or destroy getaway! But even that, you have exceptions. As cops, we've occasionally taken getaway helis that are on fire to a health pack and then put it back (most often because a crook has left a car next to it, that has subsequently blown up and set fire to the helicotper).

Lol PC gamers put us ps3ers to shame with such sportsmanship like that icon14.gif

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 23:10)
Lol PC gamers put us ps3ers to shame with such sportsmanship  like that icon14.gif

Thanks, well, we have our fair share of idiots on the PC too. A week or so ago, one unmentionable said "I'm leaving now" and his last act before quitting was to rpg the boat house getaway, after we'd been spending over half an hour trying to take it. And he wonders why all the established players kick him in the lobby now.

We are lucky I guess in that we have a tight group of players who try to play fair at all times (even if we have the odd dissagreement). Everyone on the PS3 in your tornament that I joined seemed like good guys. I guess it is a larger platform though, so more people is likely to mean more idiots like the one I talked about above - and it only takes one prat to ruin the game for everyone else.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Rock the Casbah

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

I would have taken a heli myself and tried to heli ram the boss out of the sky. I've had to do this many times.

But I don't think you did anything wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users