Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is anyone going to play GTA IV after GTA V comes?

49 replies to this topic
Josh5697
  • Josh5697

Royale with cheese

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:52 PM

I play it but rarely i will play GTA V all the time till my holidays are over then back to army college. rahkstar2.gif anuj_cop.gif

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

I'd say definitely some ppl will play IV, especially PC gamers biggrin.gif
That is ok though, there are lots of mods for IV, new cars/scripts etc that people are still releasing for it. Surely the freshness of "V" will distract ppl for awhile but I'm pretty sure that most ppl arent going to get rid of their copies of "IV."

I like that clip in your sig RenThePyro

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

I bought GTA IV digitally for the Xbox, so when next gen comes, I'll give it one last go cryani.gif .

svanix
  • svanix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

can someone tell me if i can play original gta 4 from eflc directory on win 7 because i know there are files from originial gta iv.i would like to play that until gta v, didnt play it for 3 years colgate.gif

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

I know a lot of people who will be playing IV for a very long time if V doesn't have CnC multiplayer.

Even if it does I'll still pop back in at IV every now and then. Great games are timelessly playable, and IV is a genuine masterpiece imho.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:12 AM

If GTAV doesn't have bowling.

representa
  • representa

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

Well considering its not coming out for the pc immediately, Yes I will be playing Gta IV alot.

TiggerThaWigger
  • TiggerThaWigger

Heisenberg

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (EvilDog77 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 21:22)
Nope. GTA IV is a broken wasteland overrun by hackers and c*nts. Why would anyone go back to that?

Completely agree with this guy, I'm not planning on touching that game again. The only players that will be left once GTAV is released will be nothing but hackers/mods. I can't wait till I never have to worry about being frozen out of a game again. I will never go back.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:22 AM

The day before or even the day V launches I might play IV to do a little symbolic
temporary sendoff.

Nearing the end of my session I will stop at the entrance of Francis International Airport which will signify
my departure to Los Santos. tounge.gif

But I'll make it back to Liberty City eventually. Just like I did with III, Vice, and SA. It's the best
representation of NYC in a video game after all. wink.gif

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I DON'T GIVE A F*CK WHAT YOU THINK.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:26 AM

In what way is IV better, if the answer is none then why would anyone go back?

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:26)

I guess for the same reason people still play GTA III. As much as I'm looking forward to GTA V Niko is such an awesome protagonist that alone will make me keep coming back. smile.gif

Each GTA has its own charm and GTA IV is no exception. It's nothing to do with what's better IMO. I absolutely adore GTA IV and I really couldn't care less how much "better" GTA V is.

OneManArmy17
  • OneManArmy17

Vagos MC:Sgt at Arms PSN:Vagos_MC-Mitch

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:47 AM

Im planning on taking one last cruise around LC before i pop in V.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (OneManArmy17 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 01:47)
Im planning on taking one last cruise around LC before i pop in V.

I'm playing RDR right now on a second playthrough

GoldDigga
  • GoldDigga

Evil Overlord of the Internet

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

Nah.

Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:53 AM

I definetly am going to and for many years to come. In fact, I'll get to GTA V in 2014.

Exquise
  • Exquise

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

No. In my opinion GTA IV is not a good game, other than the shooting mechanics.

Niko is a bland character, he does not develop in any way. He's a hitman. He doesn't.. go anywhere.. he makes friends who are annoying and call up every 2 minutes to hang out, even if my phone is on silent mode. He is hard to control with awkward movement.
Little Jacob is the only character of note for me. Maybe Brucie as you see him develop through TBOGT.

Liberty City is an uninteresting place to cruise around in, recycled environments, the ground looks like it's radiating when I turn up the brightness to try to make it look a bit happier which ruins it.

The story does not develop, reach a climax or really feel very satisfying. There should have been more happening between Niko and Dimitri. There wasn't anything that REALLY made me hate Dimitri. Hell I'd rather Dimitri of been the protagonist.

TLAD DLC was a step up. However I feel that removing Billy from the story in the way they did ruined the potential of a better story. I loved the growing tension between Johnny and Billy, how reckless Billy was while Johnny was trying to save his brothers. I'd have loved it if Johnny and Billy ended up feuding with two different brotherhoods of The Lost rather than Billy suddenly just going to Jail and Brian becoming the antagonist. Johnny was just a more interesting character than Niko was.

TBOGT was.. okay. The story wasn't particularly very satisfying, but the gameplay was a HUGE improvement. The addition of Parachutes and the Fight Club was enough for me a long with the other activities available from GTA IV. Yet, Luis was not an interesting character. For me.. I just couldn't like him. I preferred him to Niko, I could relate to him more with the addition of his Mother. Roman just annoyed me. Yet, the supporting characters were amazing. Yusuf and Tony were fantastic.

GTA V has the potential to have a great story, setting and characters. Because of that. No, I will not return to GTA 4. It was a chore to get 100% on that, and I'm glad to be rid of it if I'm quite honest.

Sorry for being very critical. I appreciate everyone else's opinions and if some one else enjoys GTA IV. This is just my experience.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 02:26)

GTA 4 has it's own set of unique characters, a different storyline, a different set of mini-games and different soundtrack. Just because GTA 5 is going to better doesn't mean someone should never play IV again. GTA 4 is five years older than GTA 5 and they're both on the same console, so V should be better.

My point is IV is a unique and complete different experience to GTA 5, with less, but different, things to do.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

QUOTE (Exquise @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 23:49)
No. In my opinion GTA IV is not a good game, other than the shooting mechanics.

Niko is a bland character, he does not develop in any way. He's a hitman. He doesn't.. go anywhere.. he makes friends who are annoying and call up every 2 minutes to hang out, even if my phone is on silent mode. He is hard to control with awkward movement.
Little Jacob is the only character of note for me. Maybe Brucie as you see him develop through TBOGT.

Liberty City is an uninteresting place to cruise around in, recycled environments, the ground looks like it's radiating when I turn up the brightness to try to make it look a bit happier which ruins it.

The story does not develop, reach a climax or really feel very satisfying. There should have been more happening between Niko and Dimitri. There wasn't anything that REALLY made me hate Dimitri. Hell I'd rather Dimitri of been the protagonist.

TLAD DLC was a step up. However I feel that removing Billy from the story in the way they did ruined the potential of a better story. I loved the growing tension between Johnny and Billy, how reckless Billy was while Johnny was trying to save his brothers. I'd have loved it if Johnny and Billy ended up feuding with two different brotherhoods of The Lost rather than Billy suddenly just going to Jail and Brian becoming the antagonist. Johnny was just a more interesting character than Niko was.

TBOGT was.. okay. The story wasn't particularly very satisfying, but the gameplay was a HUGE improvement. The addition of Parachutes and the Fight Club was enough for me a long with the other activities available from GTA IV. Yet, Luis was not an interesting character. For me.. I just couldn't like him. I preferred him to Niko, I could relate to him more with the addition of his Mother. Roman just annoyed me. Yet, the supporting characters were amazing. Yusuf and Tony were fantastic.

GTA V has the potential to have a great story, setting and characters. Because of that. No, I will not return to GTA 4. It was a chore to get 100% on that, and I'm glad to be rid of it if I'm quite honest.

Sorry for being very critical. I appreciate everyone else's opinions and if some one else enjoys GTA IV. This is just my experience.

Fair enough. icon14.gif

SomeManForGTA. I agree. People go back to GTA III and VC even though SA is superior in terms of content and mechanics. Why not GTA IV also?

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

I'm actually finding Niko more interesting than Michael, Trevor or Franklin, but that could just be me. I actually have a gut feeling I might not enjoy the SP in GTA V like I did in IV. I will miss the concrete jungle, loud vehicles, horrid traffic jams, and the cynical, yet subtle, parody of Americana. Niko's foreign roots lead to more questions then answers, and applying all the knowledge of Niko we have together make a very diverse, flawed character who is at times, his own antagonist.

So, yeah...GTA IV will continue to be played. Not as much, though. LC never dies. From 1, to III, to LCS, to IV.

MaddenSixx
  • MaddenSixx

:)

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

As much as I'm looking forward to V coming out I know for sure i'll play IV still.

IV has been my baby for what seems like forever and I'm not going to get rid of it or stop playing simply because a new one is coming out. Plus like all other games when you play one of them so much you get tired and bored with it. Why not have a back up?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users