Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is anyone going to play GTA IV after GTA V comes?

49 replies to this topic
zedyer venyar
  • zedyer venyar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

I might just for memories.But GTA V does look better to play.

EvilDog77
  • EvilDog77

Unequaled C4 Whore

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

Nope. GTA IV is a broken wasteland overrun by hackers and c*nts. Why would anyone go back to that?

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

I'll rather choose Vice City. Actually, I play it all the time.
I hate IV, haven't played it for almost a year.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

Actually, yes. Yes I will. Definetly. GTA IV will never be forgotten by me. GTA V will be my most-played game, but I'll still visit good ol' GTA IV.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

Man, I'll still be playing GTA III/VC/SA/IV/CW and maybe even GTA2 after comes out but not immediately, probably wait a year (Except for my Chain Game turns)

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

Yes, I mean obviously, of course, why not? I'm sure my PS3 will marry GTAV once it comes out but maybe 1 year after I'll definitely re-visit Liberty City.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

To be honest, I'll still play all of the GTA games after V comes out. Not soon after, but later on.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

Yeah, why not ? I still really like GTA IV, despite it's flaws. It's still a great, memorable game. And I do crave that New York City, gritty concrete atmosphere in GTA every now and then, and Liberty City gives me that fix. I won't play for a long time after I play GTA V though.

I did the same with Vice City and GTA III. VC was clearly better and I loved it more, but every now and then I'd play III to get that gritty LC feel.

Conal123
  • Conal123

The Irish Brigade

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:16 AM

I will play it when im feeling abit nostalgic.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:12 AM

Of course, I still play the other classics and still enjoy IV

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:06 AM

cool.gif

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 05:06)

cool.gif

Oh you finally got the Complete Edition of GTA IV+Episodes for the PS3 I see ?

Did you see an improvement in the graphics ? I certainly did. The blurriness was reduced.

Tomson21
  • Tomson21

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

I was playing this game for 3 years. Enough of this sh*t.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

I still will be playing IV. Fact that game is newer doesn't mean it will be better in every aspect. The older one still may be more enjoyable for me. Good example for this is VC and SA. Despite SA being the newer and bigger one I still prefer VC over it.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 16:53)
I still will be playing IV. Fact that game is newer doesn't mean it will be better in every aspect. The older one still may be more enjoyable for me. Good example for this is VC and SA. Despite SA being the newer and bigger one I still prefer VC over it.

Stop hatin' on San Andreas, that is all I ever see you do. Whether you like it or not, SA to date is the most popular GTA game in the series, it was also the most successful commercially, it sold the most copies. It was highly rated by the critics too.

Just like you, I still prefer Vice City over SA, but I can see why others would prefer SA and think it was better. SA simply was a groundbreaking game for it's time. You may disagree but tons of others do not share the same view as you.

On topic, GTA IV is staying in my collection, there was in never any doubt in my mind about that.

7csc
  • 7csc

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:22 AM

Of course I'll still playing it! biggrin.gif Maybe not in September but in November/December. Or just when I miss it smile.gif

4thosebout2rock
  • 4thosebout2rock

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:31 AM

Yes, but at the same time not really. I'm never going to play it like how I have played it the past 6 years the only time i will play is free mode and probably only when some friends want me too and even then that will probably be a year from now if that ever happens. Even today when i was playing I just wanted to be playing V the entire time I think i realised today that IV had finally ran its course for me but I'm okay with that I love the game but It's finally time for some new blood.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 04:13)

Stop hatin' on San Andreas, that is all I ever see you do. Whether you like it or not, SA to date is the most popular GTA game in the series, it was also the most successful commercially, it sold the most copies. It was highly rated by the critics too.

Just like you, I still prefer Vice City over SA, but I can see why others would prefer SA and think it was better. SA simply was a groundbreaking game for it's time. You may disagree but tons of others do not share the same view as you.

On topic, GTA IV is staying in my collection, there was in never any doubt in my mind about that.

Read my post again. I didn't say SA was sh*t, OOGA BOOGA, VC is 10 times better. I just vocalized my opinion about the fact that newer isn't exactly better and this was the case in my opinion. I am not saying hate SA, am I?

And to be honest I liked SA back in 2004, I've completed it around 5 times (maybe more), but I dropped the nostalgia glasses many of you are wearing to this days and I simply prefer VC today. This was probably just caused by the stupid fanboys bashing IV on every step and making shrines for the SA every day, where it's not worse or not better than any GTAs. It's just bigger, but again bigger isn't better.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 13:13)

To be fair he didn't imply any "hate" towards SA at all and even if he did it wouldn't be any worse than the daily GTA IV bashing on here. Don't make him out to be the bad guy because he doesn't share the same hard on for SA most do.

As for the Complete Edition yeah it definitely looks better than the launch version I remember.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 11:43)

To be fair he didn't imply any "hate" towards SA at all and even if he did it wouldn't be any worse than the daily GTA IV bashing on here. Don't make him out to be the bad guy because he doesn't share the same hard on for SA most do.

As for the Complete Edition yeah it definitely looks better than the launch version I remember.

@ Tycek

I have seen you bash SA in other posts and refer to anyone voices their preference for SA over GTA IV an "SA fanboy" many times. That was I came at you like that. I have seen you do it, you cannot tell me you don't because I've seen it. I don't see how someone can be a fanboy simply for liking one GTA better than the other.

@ Miami

I was not knocking him for bashing SA. He can do that if he wants, it's his opinion. What I don't like is that he seems to hatin' on the fact that seemingly majority GTA fans still love SA and prefer it over IV, it seems to get him mad, and he starts dismissing them as "blind SA fanboys". That to me is stupid, and it's just hatin'. I don't really see people bashing others for liking IV, all I have seen them do is say IV is rubbish and that's about it. But Tycek and a few others just seem to really hate the fact that others still love SA and prefer it over IV, they go as far as to bash them for it.

Yeah I'm glad you can see the difference with the Complete Edition icon14.gif

Some people tried to say I was making it up.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 21:31)
Man, I'll still be playing GTA III/VC/SA/IV/CW and maybe even GTA2 after  comes out but not immediately, probably wait a year (Except for my Chain Game turns)

icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif
Same thing for me. IV is one of my favorites, I will definetly play it.

Soon, there will be a day when I will finally pass GTA 2 tutorial.

Evil.Tim
  • Evil.Tim

The Hornet

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

To this day, I still sometimes play GTA III, VC and SA. Heck, sometimes I even fire up GTA and GTA2. GTAIV will be no exception.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 23:47)
QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 11:43)

@ Tycek

I have seen you bash SA in other posts and refer to anyone voices their preference for SA over GTA IV an "SA fanboy" many times. That was I came at you like that. I have seen you do it, you cannot tell me you don't because I've seen it. I don't see how someone can be a fanboy simply for liking one GTA better than the other.

@ Miami

I was not knocking him for bashing SA. He can do that if he wants, it's his opinion. What I don't like is that he seems to hatin' on the fact that seemingly majority GTA fans still love SA and prefer it over IV, it seems to get him mad, and he starts dismissing them as "blind SA fanboys". That to me is stupid, and it's just hatin'. I don't really see people bashing others for liking IV, all I have seen them do is say IV is rubbish and that's about it. But Tycek and a few others just seem to really hate the fact that others still love SA and prefer it over IV, they go as far as to bash them for it.

Yeah I'm glad you can see the difference with the Complete Edition icon14.gif

Some people tried to say I was making it up.

Just because you don't see people being bashed for liking GTA IV doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You really think people don't get called "GTA IV fanboys" for their preference? Zee done it all the time and while he doesn't post alot DoubleOGJohnson has a history of dragging those down who like GTA IV and there are others who find it hard to accept that GTA IV is the favourite to alot of fans.

I've been here alot longer than you bro and have seen alot of tasteless sh*t directed at GTA IV fans ever since it came out. Whilst I get what you're saying Tycek didn't bash or hate SA/its fans in his post so really what he's said in other posts shouldn't have been brought up.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

I will re-play all GTAs from time to time, including IV which is my favourite GTA. V is without a doubt a good game, and I'm looking forward to it, but it will not replace IV. It's an addition to the series, not a replacement.

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 04:13)
Whether you like it or not, SA to date is the most popular GTA game in the series, it was also the most successful commercially, it sold the most copies.

It was reported in late November last year that GTA IV sold 25 million copies ever since the launch in April 2008. Kotaku reported in late 2011 that San Andreas sold 27.5 million copies according to Rockstar Games. So you are right, but you have to consider the fact that IV was released three and a half years after its predecessor, which makes it just logical that its sales are better. Not to mention that the PS2 was sold around 88 million times until March 2005, and around 104 million times until March 2006. However, when IV was released, there were only around 25 million current-gen consoles on the market. And around 40 million consoles were on the market in March 2009. Considering all that, IV's sales are very impressive if you think about how small the console base was back in 2008 and 2009, compared to the massive amount of PS2's that were on the market when San Andreas launched.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:48 PM Edited by Tycek, 04 August 2013 - 05:37 PM.

@MiamiViceCity

Thanks for backing me up.

@Official General

You should check what fanboy means and in what cases I was using it, because I am fairly sure I never called fanboy someone would just said that he prefers SA over any other part of GTA.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

I'm going to, no doubt about it.

DieHardGtaFan911
  • DieHardGtaFan911

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:02 AM

without a doubt i will return to Liberty City i mean im pretty sure i will be playing V Least 3 months straight if not more (that's how much i played iv when it first came out)

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 15:48)
@MiamiViceCity

Thanks for backing me up.

@Official General

You should check what fanboy means and in what cases I was using it, because I am fairly sure I never called fanboy someone would just said that he prefers SA over any other part of GTA.

Okay maybe I jumped the gun. But Tycek, I have seen you appear to have a go at SA fans. Anyway, you claim not to do that, and I don't have any hard evidence in the form of links to previous posts (I don't really follow people closely like that on here).

So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. If you say were not bashing SA lovers, then I apologize and take your word for it.

@ Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian

Thanks for that analysis, but it don't really mean anything with regards to what I stated earlier. I never once doubted that GTA IV had impressive sales. The bottom line for me is that SA is still the best selling GTA title, regardless. In truth GTA IV really should have outsold SA, but it did not, probably due to the fact that it was a a bit of letdown for many GTA fans.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (WildBrick142 @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 13:50)
QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 21:31)
Man, I'll still be playing GTA III/VC/SA/IV/CW and maybe even GTA2 after  comes out but not immediately, probably wait a year (Except for my Chain Game turns)

icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif
Same thing for me. IV is one of my favorites, I will definetly play it.

Soon, there will be a day when I will finally pass GTA 2 tutorial.

Oh how far did I get in GTA2... I walked around, drove a bit and got busted... then I quit lol.gif

But yeah, I will never disregard a GTA Game just because a newer one is coming out, I don't see much sense in it to be honest.

RenThePyro
  • RenThePyro

I kept on walking

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

I'll most likely come back to it as I wont be able to finish the game by the time V is released.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users