Quantcast

» «
Photo

Quit Being Big Whiney Babies

228 replies to this topic
lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (shattered-minds @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 13:53)
Then I vote we can also sexually abuse kids in the game. It doesn't matter, they're just pixels. Imagine, stealing a van and waiting outside a school, stealing a kid and taking them back to your safehouse to have your way them them. What? they're just pixels! ---I'M BEING FACETIOUS---

The argument of they're just pixels is flawed. They're not just pixels, its what they represent to us. If they are just pixels, then why do you want kids in the first place? what does it matter if they just pixels?

The whole game is just pixels. That's a weak argument here. Instead of thinking logically most of you are just shoving "morals" in the way of everything.

It's been said before. What's the difference between murdering an innocent woman on the street, and murdering a child, in a video game?

There is no difference. The children make the game more immersive and lifelike.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 14:35)
I disagree. Not killing children in video games is like an unwritten societal rule, it's just NOT DONE, especially not in a game like GTA were everyone could live out every sick fantasy imaginable, and that on a pixelated representation of a child. For me the thought of hurting a child be it a pixelated one is appalling. Furthermore it's not within the boundaries of good taste, it's just sick.

In that case then dont you find that killing (pixiled) adults just as sick as killing (pixiled) children? Is a childs life more valuable in the real and gaming world than a adult life is?
But you can also say that killing adults isnt in good taste either, but we still do it in the gaming worlds as its a form of entertainment and 99.9% of people find it fun to do so but are appauled at the thought of commiting a murder in the real world, like myself.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• None
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:11 PM Edited by Raavi, 01 August 2013 - 02:14 PM.

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 15:06)
It's been said before. What's the difference between murdering an innocent woman on the street, and murdering a child, in a video game?

There is no difference. The children make the game more immersive and lifelike.[/color][/SIZE]

There is, and it's something that's generally accepted and respected in civilized societies, children or anything that represents them is not to be 'trifled' with. The reason being: they're children. It should be common sense, that they shouldn't be featured in a video game where they can be killed in the most horrific ways possible. I don't care it's virtual, it's jut not done. Is it that difficult to comprehend!?

@Hodgey1989 The above applies to that also.

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 14:11)

There is no difference. The children make the game more immersive and lifelike.[/color][/SIZE]

There is, and it's something that's generally accepted and respected in civilized societies, children or anything that represents them is not to be 'trifled' with. The reason being: they're children. It should be common sense, that they shouldn't be featured in a video game where they can be killed in the most horrific ways possible. I don't care it's virtual, it's jut not done. Is it that difficult to comprehend!?

So, apart from "it's a child" which means practically nothing, what's the difference between killing a 15 year old and an 18 year old. Is it okay to kill the 18 year old group of polygons but not the 15 year old one, Mr Morals?

Human

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

As far as children in video games, I think if they do it in the style of fallout where kids are invincible in the main game it should be alright. Leave it to the mods to make them kill-able...for now. As far as them being in the game and kill-able I am alright with it. Because knowing R* they will use it to represent and display the reality and hypocrisy of this cruel, dark, world. Besides if you want to make it alright in the eyes of the public to kill children, then all you have to do is say you are going restrict or ban guns in the game after a few children are massacred and then all the citizens will try their darnedest to keep their digital guns because the game is set in a re-imagined American city. They will all literally be up in digital arms if that happens.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 15:11)

I get your point to a degree. But just because something isnt done doesnt mean that we are doing that certain (whatever the issue may be) thing the correct way. I think why people dont like the idea of killing children in video games is for the fact that i think they are making to much of a connection morally with the murder of a child in real life to that of a murder in the gaming world.
Like some other guys so far have said child killing in games isnt done because we live in 'civilisted societies' if that is the case then why is the murdering of adults in video games passable in our so called 'civilisted socities' isnt that just as barbaric and taboo as a killing of a child?

Raavi
  • Raavi

• None
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 15:18)

So, apart from "it's a child" which means practically nothing, what's the difference between killing a 15 year old and an 18 year old. Is it okay to kill the 18 year old group of polygons but not the 15 year old one, Mr Morals?

It means a lot. It's a child, further explanation is not merited.

If a game came out that allowed people to play as Nazi SS camp guards and graphically rape and gas little girls, should everyone be ok with it because it's not real, and it's just a group of polygons?

shattered-minds
  • shattered-minds

Lovely chap

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 14:06)
QUOTE (shattered-minds @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 13:53)
Then I vote we can also sexually abuse kids in the game. It doesn't matter, they're just pixels. Imagine, stealing a van and waiting outside a school, stealing a kid and taking them back to your safehouse to have your way them them. What? they're just pixels! ---I'M BEING FACETIOUS---

The argument of they're just pixels is flawed. They're not just pixels, its what they represent to us. If they are just pixels, then why do you want kids in the first place? what does it matter if they just pixels?

The whole game is just pixels. That's a weak argument here. Instead of thinking logically most of you are just shoving "morals" in the way of everything.

There is no difference. The children make the game more immersive and lifelike.

Yeah, those pesky morals!

So you'd be up for child molestation in the game then? I ask because if not, those pesky morals yours have gotten in the way.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 15:25)

Why is further explanation not need?

In that case then let me ask you, do you feel that murdering adults in video games is ok to do?

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

Well, technically you're killing children on Call of Duty.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• None
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (Hodgey1989 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 15:31)

In that case then let me ask you, do you feel that murdering adults in video games is ok to do?

It's within the boundaries set by society, whilst it is the morally wrong thing to do, it's tolerated for video games. (if this wasn't the case there wouldn't be any video games with human characters at all). Featuring children on the other hand is not. It's nearly impossible to elaborate on something that's considered to be common sense.

Besides why fix something that isn't broken in the first place, GTA works perfectly fine without children being featured. Having children in a GTA will only cause an immense amount of controversy/outrage and lead to the game being ostracized in not a small number of countries. Why risk all that, when it is perfectly fine as is.

AVLG
  • AVLG

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (sal7252 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:07)
QUOTE (gta5freemode4eva @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:06)
QUOTE (sal7252 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 10:20)
I'm certain the majority of you all are middle aged & seemingly lead sad lives seeing as you all collectively feel that adding children to kill is dire to this game.

The idiocy one has to have in order to even think of something so absurd & demented is a bit entertaining. Why? Because I find super potent stupidity hilarious.

Lol, you think because u have no life & no children that you can state wild crap? Do so, but again you're entertainment.

Wow. Full retardation over here.

Really? For being the only non-idiot?

Also you're a fag for using the R word.

Screw you sal, don't call people that.

He was only stating the fact that you obviously don't speak English or you're drunk right now because your post was idiotically written.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 15:44)

It's within the boundaries set by society, whilst it is the morally wrong thing to do, it's tolerated for video games. (if this wasn't the case there wouldn't be any video games with human characters at all). Featuring children on the other hand is not. It's nearly impossible to elaborate on something that's considered to be common sense.

Besides why fix something that isn't broken in the first place, GTA works perfectly fine without children being featured. Having children in a GTA will only cause an immense amount of controversy/outrage and lead to the game being ostracized in not a small number of countries. Why risk all that, when it is perfectly fine as is.

I understand your point but the murder of adults in games is tolerated because its been that way for years now, but if a game came out which you were allowed to murder children dont you think that over time the outrage of such a act would calm down and more companies would follow suit by added children into games. Just a thought.

As you say GTA doesnt need children and i am honestly not bothered if they never use children in GTA, but i for one dont think it hould be a massive issue to me as i can differentiate a child murder in a game to a child murder in real life, however i could easily see where some people and some groups would be offended.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 10:18)

You're trying to muddy the water in a very clear creek. No. kids. ever. It's perverted. Killing adults is completely different. If people don't like killing, then they shouldn't play GTA--it's an expected feature. If R* added children, not only would they alienate their fan base, they wouldn't be in business no more.

What IS the difference between killing a pixelated adult, and killing a pixelated kid?(sounds like a really bad nerd joke)
A conscience. Imbedded moral code. Civility. It's what kids represent. It would be as bad as adding 'rape' as a feature. It's morally unacceptable. What is there to not understand about that??

Raavi
  • Raavi

• None
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (Hodgey1989 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 15:56)
I understand your point but the murder of adults in games is tolerated because its been that way for years now, but if a game came out which you were allowed to murder children dont you think that over time the outrage of such a act would calm down and more companies would follow suit by added children into games. Just a thought.

As you say GTA doesnt need children and i am honestly not bothered if they never use children in GTA, but i for one dont think it hould be a massive issue to me as i can differentiate a child murder in a game to a child murder in real life, however i could easily see where some people and some groups would be offended.

I don't think so, children are generally regarded as innocent and defenseless, this is something that has been embedded in society for decades. That's not something one, or even a hundred video games would be able change. It's just the way it is. Children are in the 'no-touching zone', even if they're merely virtual representations.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 14:44)

Exactly. It's withing the boundaries set by society. Boundaries that change with time and at some point there will be children in games like GTA, I'm sure of that, and they will be accepted there just like adults are now.

You've just contradicted yourself and proved there is no other point there besides ''society standards''. Society also found it perfectly fine to burn ''witches'' a few hundred years ago. Yea.. SOCIETY IS FAULTY.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

moral fags

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

For those that want children to be in the game, how young should they be?

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 15:08)

I don't think so, children are generally regarded as innocent and defenseless, this is something that has been embedded in society for decades. That's not something one, or even a hundred video games would be able change. It's just the way it is. Children are in the 'no-touching zone', even if they're merely virtual representations.

Innocent and defenseless, eh? Like this guy?

As for your "they're children, no further explanation merited"
This is a discussion, further explanation is indeed merited, so please, elaborate.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 15:14)
QUOTE (Raavi @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 15:08)

Innocent and defenseless, eh? Like this guy?

As for your "they're children, no further explanation merited"
This is a discussion, further explanation is indeed merited, so please, elaborate.

LazyboyEight how young should the youngest child be?

Raavi
  • Raavi

• None
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 16:09)

Exactly. It's withing the boundaries set by society. Boundaries that change with time and at some point there will be children in games like GTA, I'm sure of that, and they will be accepted there just like adults are now.

You've just contradicted yourself and proved there is no other point there besides ''society standards''. Society also found it perfectly fine to burn ''witches'' a few hundred years ago. Yea.. SOCIETY IS FAULTY.

You fail to understand that having children in a game like GTA would lead to it either being ostracized in not a small number of countries, or have it heavily redacted to exclude the children from the game. So why not prevent that all from happening, and not include children in the first place.

On another note are you seriously comparing a medieval society to modern day civilized society? Please, tell me you're joking. As of today children have what can be compared to a 'protected status' in modern western society, they're not to be trifled with. Especially not in a video game where the player is free to do whatever the heck he/she wants.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

How young should the youngest child be?

Given how the they are only pixels, should we be able to kill the kids?

Given how we don't want to break the immersive feel, if we can kill all pixels then surely we should be able to do all 'in game acts' on ALL pixels... do you 'child wanting' people agree?

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 16:19)
On another note are you seriously comparing a medieval society to modern day civilized society? Please, tell me you're joking. As of today children have what can be compared to a 'protected status' in modern western society, they're not to be trifled with. Especially not in a video game where the player is free to do whatever the heck he/she wants.

You missed his point there Raavi mate. Hes not comparing our society now to back then, but what he is trying to say is that society changes over time and certain things become acceptable over time and others are banished from our society. Back when we were burning so called witches that was a perfectably reasonable thing to happen in our society where as now if witch burning was to happen there would be a uproar and alot of protesting against it.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 15:19)
QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 16:09)

You fail to understand that having children in a game like GTA would lead to it either being ostracized in not a small number of countries, or have it heavily redacted to exclude the children from the game. So why not prevent that all from happening, and not include children in the first place.

I do understand what would happen if they put children in the game. And I don't care if there are children or not.

I'm just trying to tell those who are dead set against them being in the game like that putting them in there doesn't mean Rockstar are evil pedophiles or that people who would kill them in the game are evil or pedo. The only reason you state is ''society rules'' and my example was there to show you that society is not always right and it changes over time. Somebody already explained I see, thank you Hodgey1989 (we're the same age if you're '89).

So I do see children appearing in games like GTA before 2020 and I don't see nothing wrong with it. One game will take all the rage, the company will probably be ruined, but it will open the road to other developers and people will accept it as being what it is.. a virtual world.

All I'm saying is, it's wrong of people like you to accuse others of being criminals for something they do in a video game. Until you do something to harm another LIVING BEING in any way, you are innocent.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

How old should the youngest child be?

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 08:43)
All over the forum I see people who say that they want violence in GTA, and I've said it before and will gladly say it again: "I want Violence."

GTA got rated M for Mature for a reason. "Intense violence" and "blood and gore" are notable features in GTA V.

and people will spout that they want mutilations, executions, cold blooded murder, it's all cool, but the second someone says "hey how about they put kids in the game." people get up in arms and shout "YOU MUST BE SICK IN THE HEAD THAT'S DISGUSTING YOU SHOULD SEE A DOCTOR!"

Just 5 minutes ago I saw a thread about how Michael may be able to abuse his daughter. The op assumed the daughter was underage and stated so, and everyone started going "OOH YOU'RE SO DISGUSTING!" I bet if the op never mentioned that Tracy may be underage, no one'd said a thing.

What difference would it make if the collection of pixels you shoot at were half the height of every other one? had a higher pitched voice than the others? Let me tell you: NOTHING.

What's making me mad here isn't that people are against the idea of putting kids in the game I could honestly care less bout that I'm mad because they have a double standard for how violent the game can be. They say we can do whatever the hell we want with the adults, but when we want to kill kids it's "disgusting'' and "inhumane.''

Whether it's a child or adult, it's equally inhumane to kill another person, and if kids are ever in a GTA game, you're just going to have to accept that we can do whatever we may with them, and if you say anything about it being gross and inhumane to harm the children pixels, but are okay with the very same happening to adult pixels, then you my friend are holding a double standard, and are a hypocrite, and I'm afraid your point is void.

So embrace the violence, and embrace the fun! And if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the damn kitchen.

And the first person that says I need to see a doctor should be banned for TL;DR. lol jk

Violence against children is in movies, and its accepted, but a game I think its more likely a political issue. If kids were in the game and were able to be harmed. The game would be banned ultimately. My opinion of kids not being in GTA are along the lines of why its not available to children, "preserving innocence" Because Children aren't as mentally independent as adults are. Violence is violence but at the same time, attacking an adult is far different than harming children, notice how I said attacking and harming? The contrast there is that children are unable to defend themselves should an adult attack them where an adult is more capable. Also the simple fact that Adults are elders and children look up to them has a play here. That is where the humane point comes into the picture. But this in itself is a debate best left out of the forums because its like comparing apples to oranges in that some people play games and apply their "morals" to them whereas others don't quite see it that way.

My point is this argument of yours is somewhat invalid, because its difference in opinion and ultimately beliefs. Also the end of your original post comes off very opinionated. Its kinda like what you say is definitive because its your logic, well let me tell you something, people are different. Deal with it.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 16:38)
The only reason you state is ''society rules'' and my example was there to show you that society is not always right and it changes over time. Somebody already explained I see, thank you Hodgey1989 (we're the same age if you're '89).

Yeah i was born in 1989, so you see us people born in 1989 are smarter than the rest of you dumbasses tounge2.gif

HudS
  • HudS

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

I don't see why people get so upset about video games with this type of violence. Here's an movie example

It got 7,2 on IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/...2398/?ref_=sr_1

Raavi
  • Raavi

• None
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (Hodgey1989 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 16:23)
On another note are you seriously comparing a medieval society to modern day civilized society? Please, tell me you're joking. As of today children have what can be compared to a  'protected status' in modern western society, they're not to be trifled with. Especially not in a video game where the player is free to do whatever the heck he/she wants.

You missed his point there Raavi mate. Hes not comparing our society now to back then, but what he is trying to say is that society changes over time and certain things become acceptable over time and others are banished from our society. Back when we were burning so called witches that was a perfectably reasonable thing to happen in our society where as now if witch burning was to happen there would be a uproar and alot of protesting against it.

I got that much, I was ridiculing his comparison. As there is non. It only proves that moral awareness has grown in magnitude over the centuries. For instance; we've gone from the death penalty being the standard, to people questioning life imprisonment. Evolution is moving forward, not the backwards. Which is something we as a civilized society do, and keep doing, we evolve and with it our moral awareness. Having 'killable' kids in a video game would be the world upside down.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 16:42)
QUOTE (Hodgey1989 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 16:23)
On another note are you seriously comparing a medieval society to modern day civilized society? Please, tell me you're joking. As of today children have what can be compared to a  'protected status' in modern western society, they're not to be trifled with. Especially not in a video game where the player is free to do whatever the heck he/she wants.

I got that much, I was ridiculing his comparison. As there is non. It only proves that moral awareness has grown in magnitude over the centuries. For instance; we've gone from the death penalty being the standard, to people questioning life imprisonment. Evolution is moving forward, not the backwards. Which is something we as a civilized society do, and keep doing, we evolve and with it our moral awareness. Having 'killable' kids in a video game would be the world upside down.

Yes as a society we are moving forward from the times of old, but i would say that you have to be careful of how far forward that we are moving. Were moving so far forward that alot of words that used to be common place are not longer allowed to be used due to political correctness and the like, i dont mean that in terms of racial words, but words like blackboard, brainstorming etc are not allowed to be used anymore.

(Ill be honest i left my screen half way through this point and forgot what it was biggrin.gif )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users