Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (RonDutch @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:38)
I dont have a problem with children being in GTA, I have a problem with the fact that certain people "forbid" them to have children in the game.

This

I too dont care if there were children in the game as it isnt like i am killing actually real life children. I can understand why R* dont put them in the game os the sh*t storm that would come from the media would be even greater than it normally is around a GTA release, as the media seem to have a hard time at times making the difference of a video game a reality. However that said if R* never impliment children into a GTA game then i dont think it will ever bother me a whole lot.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (Punk Noodles @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 09:47)
QUOTE (thegtaman531 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 08:49)
My question is:
If you're against violence, then why are you on a GTA forum?

This. Makes zero sense.

Care to explain why?

Carmelo2
  • Carmelo2

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

Being against violence and being against murdering/abusing kids are two totally different things.

If you wish for kids to be included solely for the purpose of being able to kill them, you've got issues.

Doodling Hitman
  • Doodling Hitman

The Doodling Assassin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

Agreed! I like violence and gore! devil.gif

sal7252
  • sal7252

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (Hodgey1989 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:08)
I dont have a problem with children being in GTA, I have a problem with the fact that certain people "forbid" them to have children in the game.

This

I too dont care if there were children in the game as it isnt like i am killing actually real life children. I can understand why R* dont put them in the game os the sh*t storm that would come from the media would be even greater than it normally is around a GTA release, as the media seem to have a hard time at times making the difference of a video game a reality. However that said if R* never impliment children into a GTA game then i dont think it will ever bother me a whole lot.

The amount of stupidity in this 1 thread alone is alarming..my god.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (sal7252 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 12:12)

This

I dont get what you mean, i see you think that what i said is stupid so why dont you expand on your point instead of just saying this thread is stupid without a explanation.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (sal7252 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:07)
QUOTE (gta5freemode4eva @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:06)
QUOTE (sal7252 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 10:20)
I'm certain the majority of you all are middle aged & seemingly lead sad lives seeing as you all collectively feel that adding children to kill is dire to this game.

The idiocy one has to have in order to even think of something so absurd & demented is a bit entertaining. Why? Because I find super potent stupidity hilarious.

Lol, you think because u have no life & no children that you can state wild crap? Do so, but again you're entertainment.

Wow. Full retardation over here.

Really? For being the only non-idiot?

Also you're a fag for using the R word.

sal7252
  • sal7252

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (gta5freemode4eva @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:15)
I'm certain the majority of you all are middle aged & seemingly lead sad lives seeing as you all collectively feel that adding children to kill is dire to this game.

The idiocy one has to have in order to even think of something so absurd & demented is a bit entertaining. Why? Because I find super potent stupidity hilarious.

Lol, you think because u have no life & no children that you can state wild crap? Do so, but again you're entertainment.

lol stupid Cracker

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (sal7252 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:18)

lol stupid Cracker

sal7252
  • sal7252

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (gta5freemode4eva @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:20)

lol stupid Cracker

Cool honkey

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (sal7252 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:24)

lol stupid Cracker

Cool honkey

sal7252
  • sal7252

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (gta5freemode4eva @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:28)
QUOTE (sal7252 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:24)

lol stupid Cracker

Cool honkey

Silly rednecks

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Dullard

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

I brutally murdered 17 pedestrians in San Andreas with a chainsaw. Am I going to Hell?

AlexJonesConspiracy
  • AlexJonesConspiracy

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

TS av, is my reaction to this thread

RonDutch
  • RonDutch

Anarchy 99 Holland @SocialClub

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (sal7252 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:12)

This

How is it stupid? He makes perfect sense.

sal7252
  • sal7252

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (HoleInTheSky @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:36)
I brutally murdered 17 pedestrians in San Andreas with a chainsaw. Am I going to Hell?

But see that's not the point!

Want kids in GTA? Ok, put them in but don't allow people to kill them.

I by no means am upset at that, the issue is in people wanting kids & thinking u can abuse/kill them like it's no big deal. Are they pixelated? Yes! But understand the point for those against it is that nonetheless children are a no no. They're the only inherently innocent humans & we've no right to taint that.

I apologize for my ignorant remarks to the gentleman I said them to..but u have to understand it's frustrating to see this..

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (sal7252 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:47)

I by no means am upset at that, the issue is in people wanting kids & thinking u can abuse/kill them like it's no big deal. Are they pixelated? Yes! But understand the point for those against it is that nonetheless children are a no no. They're the only inherently innocent humans & we've no right to taint that.

I apologize for my ignorant remarks to the gentleman I said them to..but u have to understand it's frustrating to see this..

Sal, a minute ago you wanted children to be in GTA PURELY so people can kill them. I smell a troll.

sal7252
  • sal7252

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (gta5freemode4eva @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:58)
QUOTE (sal7252 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:47)

Sal, a minute ago you wanted children to be in GTA PURELY so people can kill them. I smell a troll.

Wait what?!? When the heck did I say that?

Seriously..? I'm not trolling, I did not ever say that. I'd appreciate if u showed me where.

Nonetheless, excuse my ignorance.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Nicaragua
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

Can we please get back to the OP's topic? It's actually an interesting topic.

Reshe
  • Reshe

Warchief of the True Regiment

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

I agree with having children in the game so it's more life like. The game has animals, people, cars, environment, everything to immerse yourself in a simulated world but children. The fact that children are purposefully excluded feels like it breaks the immersion of a game trying to simulate real life. And to all the people screaming psychopath, take a look at Trevor. He claims lives needlessly, tortures people, and does heavy amounts of drugs. The world of GTA isn't very bright. You're in the wrong place to call people psychopath here.

Reshe
  • Reshe

Warchief of the True Regiment

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (sal7252 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 06:47)

As funny as it would be to shoot endless amounts of minigun bullets into an npc that can't die, it still breaks immersion.

Sorry for double post.

meowstache
  • meowstache

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 08:43)
All over the forum I see people who say that they want violence in GTA, and I've said it before and will gladly say it again: "I want Violence."

GTA got rated M for Mature for a reason. "Intense violence" and "blood and gore" are notable features in GTA V.

and people will spout that they want mutilations, executions, cold blooded murder, it's all cool, but the second someone says "hey how about they put kids in the game." people get up in arms and shout "YOU MUST BE SICK IN THE HEAD THAT'S DISGUSTING YOU SHOULD SEE A DOCTOR!"

Just 5 minutes ago I saw a thread about how Michael may be able to abuse his daughter. The op assumed the daughter was underage and stated so, and everyone started going "OOH YOU'RE SO DISGUSTING!" I bet if the op never mentioned that Tracy may be underage, no one'd said a thing.

What difference would it make if the collection of pixels you shoot at were half the height of every other one? had a higher pitched voice than the others? Let me tell you: NOTHING.

What's making me mad here isn't that people are against the idea of putting kids in the game I could honestly care less bout that I'm mad because they have a double standard for how violent the game can be. They say we can do whatever the hell we want with the adults, but when we want to kill kids it's "disgusting'' and "inhumane.''

Whether it's a child or adult, it's equally inhumane to kill another person, and if kids are ever in a GTA game, you're just going to have to accept that we can do whatever we may with them, and if you say anything about it being gross and inhumane to harm the children pixels, but are okay with the very same happening to adult pixels, then you my friend are holding a double standard, and are a hypocrite, and I'm afraid your point is void.

So embrace the violence, and embrace the fun! And if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the damn kitchen.

And the first person that says I need to see a doctor should be banned for TL;DR. lol jk

First, you are totally right OP and i agree

I can see kids getting killed/beaten up in the game, but just not by any of the protagonist...

It isnt gonna be intended in the story to beat up any kid, but if you encounter any kid freeroaming (assuming they put kids in along other npcs) it will be killed just like any other npc and i think people should be ok with that

RockKiller
  • RockKiller

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

WTF man

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

You are pretty much spot on. It doesn't matter if you kill adults, or if you kill children, both things are equally bad. However, it does no matter at all in a videogame. Especially not in a title or franchise like GTA, which is very well known for its violence. If you're bothered by children in a title like this and the possibility that you can kill them, well, then that's probably not the right game for you.

QUOTE (MrSpooge @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:26)
Something tells me there has been a good reason behind this never happening in any game "That I know of..." I'd see a lot of commotion and people up in arms, along with a handful of petitions. Maybe it has been done, but I'm not aware of such a game.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:19 PM Edited by AtomicPunk, 01 August 2013 - 01:25 PM.

This has been hotly debated many times. The psychological damage of killing children in a video game could be a desensitizational nightmare. It's just the idea of it. It's not needed just so a few sicko's can get their jollies. In civilized society it's taboo and I doubt we'll see a change anytime soon. Even if it is 'pixels', the idea of murdering a woman holding a baby is sick. The idea of throwing a Molotov at some toddlers is sick. As humans, a lot of us like gore, but have to draw the line at perversion, and have a little moral code, if not, GTA would just be cookies for psycho-nutjobs.

I know a lot of responses from little kids and nut jobs will be:
"but but but they're only pixels!!!" OR "but we kill adults so what's the difference??"

Let us not be coy. In a GTA world, there is this sense that everybody is guilty of something--because after all, if they're dumb enough to live in San An then they deserve everything that happens to them. No kid ever deserves to live in a GTA world. Their innocence will not allow them to live there. It's a complicated subject trying to explain it to people who defiantly wanna be perverted. It would take a good psychologist to explain it well. Its frustrating trying to describe morals to uncivilized, moral-less cretins in a nice way. It's the same problem trying to explain to a pedophile why it is bad to molest kids because they see nothing wrong with it.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 13:19)
This has been hotly debated many times. The psychological damage of killing children in a video game could be a desensitizational nightmare. It's just the idea of it.  It's not needed just so a few sicko's can get their jollies. In civilized society it's taboo and I doubt we'll see a change anytime soon. Even if it is 'pixels', the idea of murdering a woman holding a baby is sick. The idea of throwing a Molotov at some toddlers is sick. As humans, a lot of us like gore, but have to draw the line at perversion, and have a little moral code, if not, GTA would just be cookies for psycho-nutjobs.

"but but but they're only pixels!!!" OR "but we kill adults so what's the difference??"

Let us not be coy. In a GTA world, there is this sense that everybody is guilty of something--because after all, if they're dumb enough to live in San An then they deserve everything that happens to them. No kid ever deserves to live in a GTA world. Their innocence will not allow them to live there. It's a complicated subject trying to explain it to people who defiantly wanna be perverted. It would take a good psychologist to explain it well. Its frustrating trying to describe morals to uncivilized, moral-less cretins in a nice way.

Your first paragraph is not bad, it makes perfect sense from the average-man-who-follows-rules-set-by-society. But many people have different standard, whether taken from their society or just having their own inner standards that are not aligned with the majority of ''civilized'' world. Your standards say it's sick to kill a kid in a game, to another person it may not mean a thing. It doesn't make them bad, psychos or criminals. They become that only when they do it in real life.
Don't even compare it to pedophiles. They molest kids in REAL LIFE, not in a video game.

And you really lost it in the second part. If we pretend they're alive then... no, not every grown person in SA is guilty just by living there. Detroit is called the worst city in USA right now with a lot of crime and murder. Do people who live there have it coming, are they guilty?

RockKiller
  • RockKiller

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 15:19)
This has been hotly debated many times. The psychological damage of killing children in a video game could be a desensitizational nightmare. It's just the idea of it. It's not needed just so a few sicko's can get their jollies. In civilized society it's taboo and I doubt we'll see a change anytime soon. Even if it is 'pixels', the idea of murdering a woman holding a baby is sick. The idea of throwing a Molotov at some toddlers is sick. As humans, a lot of us like gore, but have to draw the line at perversion, and have a little moral code, if not, GTA would just be cookies for psycho-nutjobs.

Let us not be coy. In a GTA world, there is this sense that everybody is guilty of something--because after all, if they're dumb enough to live in San An then they deserve everything that happens to them. No kid ever deserves to live in a GTA world. Their innocence will not allow them to live there. It's a complicated subject trying to explain it to people who defiantly wanna be perverted. It would take a good psychologist to explain it well. Its frustrating trying to describe morals to uncivilized, moral-less cretins in a nice way. It's the same problem trying to explain to a pedophile why it is bad to molest kids because they see nothing wrong with it.

/thread

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

I disagree. Not killing children in video games is like an unwritten societal rule, it's just NOT DONE, especially not in a game like GTA were everyone could live out every sick fantasy imaginable, and that on a pixelated representation of a child. For me the thought of hurting a child be it a pixelated one is appalling. Furthermore it's not within the boundaries of good taste, it's just sick.

JoeM
  • JoeM

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

Right, while ever the general public remember this event, it will never be allowed or thought of as ok, in the UK atleast.

I was 10 when this happened I can still remember the backlash of violent films, i.e the burning & banning of the Chuckie films at the time.

http://en.wikipedia....of_James_Bulger

Kid's in GTA is not needed, it wont add anything to the game. All it would do, is get the game banned in most countries that have morals.

(And dont say, but the games rated M, when a large percetage of the forum is under 18)

shattered-minds
  • shattered-minds

Lovely chap

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

Then I vote we can also sexually abuse kids in the game. It doesn't matter, they're just pixels. Imagine, stealing a van and waiting outside a school, stealing a kid and taking them back to your safehouse to have your way them them. What? they're just pixels! ---I'M BEING FACETIOUS---

The argument of they're just pixels is flawed. They're not just pixels, its what they represent to us. If they are just pixels, then why do you want kids in the first place? what does it matter if they just pixels?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users