Quit Being Big Whiney Babies

228 replies to this topic
The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

All over the forum I see people who say that they want violence in GTA, and I've said it before and will gladly say it again: "I want Violence."

GTA got rated M for Mature for a reason. "Intense violence" and "blood and gore" are notable features in GTA V.

and people will spout that they want mutilations, executions, cold blooded murder, it's all cool, but the second someone says "hey how about they put kids in the game." people get up in arms and shout "YOU MUST BE SICK IN THE HEAD THAT'S DISGUSTING YOU SHOULD SEE A DOCTOR!"

Just 5 minutes ago I saw a thread about how Michael may be able to abuse his daughter. The op assumed the daughter was underage and stated so, and everyone started going "OOH YOU'RE SO DISGUSTING!" I bet if the op never mentioned that Tracy may be underage, no one'd said a thing.

What difference would it make if the collection of pixels you shoot at were half the height of every other one? had a higher pitched voice than the others? Let me tell you: NOTHING.

What's making me mad here isn't that people are against the idea of putting kids in the game I could honestly care less bout that I'm mad because they have a double standard for how violent the game can be. They say we can do whatever the hell we want with the adults, but when we want to kill kids it's "disgusting'' and "inhumane.''

Whether it's a child or adult, it's equally inhumane to kill another person, and if kids are ever in a GTA game, you're just going to have to accept that we can do whatever we may with them, and if you say anything about it being gross and inhumane to harm the children pixels, but are okay with the very same happening to adult pixels, then you my friend are holding a double standard, and are a hypocrite, and I'm afraid your point is void.

So embrace the violence, and embrace the fun! And if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the damn kitchen.

And the first person that says I need to see a doctor should be banned for TL;DR. lol jk

Bonfy
  • Bonfy

Friendly Neighborhood Super-Mario

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:47 AM

Your post makes sense. I hope people will read it carefully without jumping to conclusions as soon as they see "Kill kids" etc.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

My question is:
If you're against violence, then why are you on a GTA forum?

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

Where would it end though OP? I mean we can get some 'tings' off a prostitute so it would be un-realistic to not be able to do a sex act to one set of pixels and not to another... is this what you want? (this is a QUESTION)

Do you want little babies in the game? Why? Do you want to throw a little new born under a truck or douse it in gas and set it alight?

What exactly do you want kids in the game for? I mean I don't drive around IV thinking 'where are the kids?'.

I think you post IS about being violent to kids in video games. Your post could've been just about violence OR kids in games but you combined them.

If anyone thinks I'm being harsh then please say. Before you comment though, actually engage the thing between your head and understand WHY the creators of one of the most violent video game (manhunt) actually knew when to draw the line.
-------------------
Please note that I actually haven't stated whether I would like it or not and this is so these questions are unbiased...
-------------------
What age should the 'kids' be ... 3-19? if they can be 3 years old then why not 2? if not 2 then why not 1? If we can f*ck a prostitute then why not a new born, I mean its just pixels...

use your brain op and I'm sure you'll find the answer.

nathan456
  • nathan456

Cant Be Touched

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (gta5freemode4eva @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 09:11)
Where would it end though OP? I mean we can get some 'tings' off a prostitute so it would be un-realistic to not be able to do a sex act to one set of pixels and not to another... is this what you want? (this is a QUESTION)

Do you want little babies in the game? Why? Do you want to throw a little new born under a truck or douse it in gas and set it alight?

What exactly do you want kids in the game for? I mean I don't drive around IV thinking 'where are the kids?'.

I think you post IS about being violent to kids in video games. Your post could've been just about violence OR kids in games but you combined them.

If anyone thinks I'm being harsh then please say. Before you comment though, actually engage the thing between your head and understand WHY the creators of one of the most violent video game (manhunt) actually knew when to draw the line.
-------------------
Please note that I actually haven't stated whether I would like it or not and this is so these questions are unbiased...
-------------------
What age should the 'kids' be ... 3-19? if they can be 3 years old then why not 2? if not 2 then why not 1? If we can f*ck a prostitute then why not a new born, I mean its just pixels...

use your brain op and I'm sure you'll find the answer.

icon14.gif someone agrees with me!

I think they meake threads like this and: can we torture rape then brutally kill threads so they can live out their weird fcked up fantasies in a game.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

It may be just pixels but it's the forms those pixels take and what they represent in our actual real lives. Yes, children die all the time in reality but not everyone enjoys hearing that news. To me, I couldn't care less about it but I would see it as not very respectable or classy of Rockstar. It's just not ever going to happen, public backlash would be incredibly fierce and would be a detriment to sales, Rockstar is a business after all.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

I believe one day we will reach an age where games will allow us to do anything. Mainstream franchises like GTA can't simply take the risk of doing anything too controversial as they invest a lot of money in this game and they want it all back and then some.

But have you seen some of those ''underground'' games. Japanese to be a bit specific.. everything a man could want I guess is there.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:23 AM Edited by LazyboyEight, 01 August 2013 - 02:00 PM.

Edit: Korisselys has a point.

But honestly, kids would be good for GTA. They even take R* less time to model 'cos you don't need as many polygons.

If you're anti-children you're anti-rockstar. tounge2.gif

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

Something tells me there has been a good reason behind this never happening in any game "That I know of..." I'd see a lot of commotion and people up in arms, along with a handful of petitions. Maybe it has been done, but I'm not aware of such a game.

Lostpride
  • Lostpride

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:29 AM Edited by Lostpride, 01 August 2013 - 09:31 AM.

There is a difference between violence, and depravity. To include certain aspects into a game would lead it to the point of it not being entertainment, but being sadistic.

This is like asking, "if people have no issues with a person being murdered in a film, why cant we watch a film with a man actually being murdered?".

Both are films.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (MrSpooge @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 09:26)
Something tells me there has been a good reason behind this never happening in any game "That I know of..." I'd see a lot of commotion and people up in arms, along with a handful of petitions. Maybe it has been done, but I'm not aware of such a game.

It did. A major game franchise Fallout had kids in 1 and 2 and you could kill them. That was before the restrictions came along.

But honestly, kids would be good for GTA. They even take R* less time to model 'cos you don't need as many polygons.

It's the same, they could save up some polygons, but in reality they would spend the same amount of time and detail to model a kid as they would an adult.

Korisselys
  • Korisselys

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:35 AM Edited by Korisselys, 01 August 2013 - 03:21 PM.

Fixed

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 09:31)

It did. A major game franchise Fallout had kids in 1 and 2 and you could kill them. That was before the restrictions came along.

It's the same, they could save up some polygons, but in reality they would spend the same amount of time and detail to model a kid as they would an adult.

Wait fallout 1-2.. Not fallout 3. So a Top Down Game? I think there is quite a difference.

RonDutch
  • RonDutch

Anarchy 99 Holland @SocialClub

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

who here are the big whiney babies? You buy GTA....You know what you can expect.

Hendrix89
  • Hendrix89

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

Fallout 1 or 2 was going to have a child killing perk. But it was removed for obvious reasons.

F3, F:NV, Oblivion?, Skyrim (Haven't played earlier Elder Scrolls) All have children but they are indestructable. Only very few of them are extremly annoying.

Sirpepperoni
  • Sirpepperoni

Trick

• Members

They should just ad midgets

RandyChimp
  • RandyChimp

Agent Of Chaos

• Members

I get that killing in a video game is stress relief or just letting loose, but why would you WANT to kill a kid, even in a video game? I don't personally relish seeing a child character die in a film or on a television show, when it happens, it's disturbing. I don't think it would be a good idea to give some of these "people" on this forum a game where you can mow down children with a car.

I don't even want to go into the rape/mutilation/torture bullsh*t that's discussed here, because it's f*cking creepy.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

QUOTE (MrSpooge @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 09:35)

Wait fallout 1-2.. Not fallout 3. So a Top Down Game? I think there is quite a difference.

Fallout 1 and 2 are Isometric actually, not top-down. In top down you couldn't clearly see if something is a kid or adult, in isometric games you can. Here's a video from the game:

DWTDevil
  • DWTDevil

The Plucky Brit

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

You could burn kids to death in The Sims, and that's a 12+. So, yeah... why not? After all, they're only a collection of pixels at the end of the day.

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 09:39)

Fallout 1 and 2 are Isometric actually, not top-down. In top down you couldn't clearly see if something is a kid or adult, in isometric games you can. Here's a video from the game:

That's just f*cked up! I'll never play games again!

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (thegtaman531 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 08:49)
My question is:
If you're against violence, then why are you on a GTA forum?

This. Makes zero sense.

Lostpride
  • Lostpride

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 09:39)

If you're arguing killing children from an isometric POV is the same as killing children with modern graphics is the same, you're an idiot. And I know you're not.

While it has been done in the past, it needs to be separated from present technology. I have no problems with the video you showed, I'm pretty sure I did the same sh*t as a kid when I played FO1. Things are different now. The ability to show events and act upon them has become more graphic. I love a violent video game, probably more than I should. But the second someone approaches me and tries to argue that a child - or even a teenager - should be intractable in a GTA game I will treat you like a criminal. While I do not think that violent games create crime, I do think that it can help people with issues plan, or rehearse a crime. I'd prefer children and young adults were kept out of that planning. I have zero issue with including people that are able to defend themselves, even if pixelated.

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

Think of the children!!!!

I think they should be in. It's a video game. So what if they die? They'll just respawn. Not so bad is it? They are humans like us adults. They can die. We can kill animals and massacre adults but soon as we think of scratching a kid everyone is up in arms? Why? Kids die every day in violent ways.

They should be in. Obviously, just not sexualised like adults who will be walking around in bikinis/naked and be involved in stripping/sex scenes. That kinda sh*t for kids is f*cked up.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:19 AM Edited by Dope_0110, 01 August 2013 - 10:24 AM.

QUOTE (Lostpride @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 09:52)
If you're arguing killing children from an isometric POV is the same as killing children with modern graphics is the same, you're an idiot. And I know you're not.

While it has been done in the past, it needs to be separated from present technology. I have no problems with the video you showed, I'm pretty sure I did the same sh*t as a kid when I played FO1. Things are different now. The ability to show events and act upon them has become more graphic. I love a violent video game, probably more than I should. But the second someone approaches me and tries to argue that a child - or even a teenager - should be intractable in a GTA game I will treat you like a criminal. While I do not think that violent games create crime, I do think that it can help people with issues plan, or rehearse a crime. I'd prefer children and young adults were kept out of that planning. I have zero issue with including people that are able to defend themselves, even if pixelated.

I understand that, that is why games in the nineties got could get away with a lot if stuff, including killing children, because graphical presentation made it very obvious that had nothing to do with reality while nowdays we have very realistic graphics that lead to many restrictions to be placed upon games.

But, violence was always present in any life form and will forever remain unless we all start drinking pills to stop all emotions (Equilibrium). And yes, maybe some people do use games as a tool for planning violent acts. But the problem are always the people, never the tools. Anything can be used as a good or bad thing and people are to be blamed for using something the wrong way.

Anyway, I don't care if there are kids in GTA, I've never walked around any GTA world thinking they should be, nor would I care if they were in. I understand why some want them, and I also understand why there won't be kids. I'm just a bit more insensitive when it comes to that and if there were kids being killed in any similar game in the future I wouldn't protest against it.

EDIT: Everything we believe in is influenced and placed upon us by society. There are societies where kids at the age of 10 or so are considered adult. Where a child at that age must go into the jungle and kill an animal to be accepted as a member of community. To them, it's completely normal. And I wouldn't say ''we're civilized, they're not'' as an argument there as modern and ''civilized'' society is responsible for holocaust, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Vietnam, Bosnian war, Afganistan and a lot of other wars and crimes much worse than sending a 10-year old to hunt in order to make him into a productive member of the community even though by our standards he is too young.

sal7252
  • sal7252

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

I'm certain the majority of you all are middle aged & seemingly lead sad lives seeing as you all collectively feel that adding children to kill is dire to this game.

The idiocy one has to have in order to even think of something so absurd & demented is a bit entertaining. Why? Because I find super potent stupidity hilarious.

Lol, you think because u have no life & no children that you can state wild crap? Do so, but again you're entertainment.

RonDutch
  • RonDutch

Anarchy 99 Holland @SocialClub

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

I dont have a problem with children being in GTA, I have a problem with the fact that certain people "forbid" them to have children in the game.

reddit39
  • reddit39

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

I would like to disagree. There is a difference between killing an adult who (presumably) knows the harsh morbid reality of the world and has SOME capability to defend themselves, as opposed to killing a child, who is still naive about the world and vulnerable to being exploited and abused. But then again, we face another sh*t-storm, about maturity and age, and what defines adulthood, and because of this quagmire I think its a lot easier to stick to adults killing adults for GTA.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Saywha'?

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (reddit39 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 10:45)
I would like to disagree. There is a difference between killing an adult who (presumably) knows the harsh morbid reality of the world and has SOME capability to defend themselves, as opposed to killing a child, who is still naive about the world and vulnerable to being exploited and abused. But then again, we face another sh*t-storm, about maturity and age, and what defines adulthood, and because of this quagmire I think its a lot easier to stick to adults killing adults for GTA.

It's a child in a GTA game though, they don't have any sense of reality or the world because they're a collection of pixels with AI for a brain.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (sal7252 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 10:20)
I'm certain the majority of you all are middle aged & seemingly lead sad lives seeing as you all collectively feel that adding children to kill is dire to this game.

The idiocy one has to have in order to even think of something so absurd & demented is a bit entertaining. Why? Because I find super potent stupidity hilarious.

Lol, you think because u have no life & no children that you can state wild crap? Do so, but again you're entertainment.

Wow. Full retardation over here.

sal7252
  • sal7252

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (gta5freemode4eva @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:06)
QUOTE (sal7252 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 10:20)

Wow. Full retardation over here.

Really? For being the only non-idiot?

Also you're a fag for using the R word.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users