Photo

---Grand Theft Auto Online---

298 replies to this topic
Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (minwager @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 21:42)
QUOTE (Dr Zoidburg @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 05:40)
Wow. That is one big wall of speculation and wishes.

No sh*t. What did you expect, the guy to pop up with official multiplayer info?

Something a little shorter.

badass nyuka
  • badass nyuka

Why did I move here? Guess it was the weather...

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (Tobias_Rieper @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 07:21)
QUOTE (badass nyuka @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 07:16)
I don't get why I got a verbal warning when you guys start rascist topics and call each other this and go on cussing rampages.

I've never taken part in any of the racist topics, I read them but I don't contribute to them. For the other, I'd have to say context. I'm not cussing at anyone in particular. Actually, I used the word as a general adjective... Not to start drama between someone and myself. Maybe I shouldn't have chose to use that, but that is what buzzkillers are.

Not you I mean fellow formers.

badass nyuka
  • badass nyuka

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (Gigabomber @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 07:28)

See? SEE?!!!!

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (badass nyuka @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 01:30)

See? SEE?!!!!

What're we looking for?
Is it Waldo?

badass nyuka
  • badass nyuka

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 07:31)
QUOTE (badass nyuka @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 01:30)

See? SEE?!!!!

What're we looking for?
Is it Waldo?

I can't cuss but everyone else can?!!!!!!! AUHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

badass nyuka
  • badass nyuka

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

End rant.

badass nyuka
  • badass nyuka

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:39 AM Edited by badass nyuka, 08 July 2013 - 07:42 AM.

Whatever you say.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

Be lucky its just a verbal warning

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

Nice post OP, but I don't think your online safehouse will be in the public space.

Remember you can switch instantaneously between any of the single player characters and your online character. Basically you will have the single player gameworld to yourself, as going into a multiplayer free mode would require a load - something they said ain't gonna happen.

Now whether this acts as a party mode where you can invite other players in we don't know yet, but it's possible you can invite friends, players met or your fellow R* crew members to your space and assemble before going into a public match. What makes me doubt this is that you can switch back to a single player character, which would leave your friends high and dry. So I think you would have to load a party mode.

The other thing is that they just wouldn't design it so people could destroy your stuff - it would be perfect griefer bait. No, I think the world of your GTAO character will be safe from trolls, and it will be where your progress will be expressed as you play the GTAO "metagame". This is how I see it going down:

Because you can switch to your online character instantaneously, all the single player shops will still be open. They will all contain a stream of unlocks which are personal to your progress in multiplayer. For example, you win ten deathmatches and you unlock a tattoo in the tattoo parlour - you can then take your character to have the tattoo done and the next time you play a deathmatch everyone can see you've achieved the tattoo.

That's just one example. There will be a ton of unlocks including homes, garages, cars, clothing, weapons etc etc. First you will have to unlock it by completing objectives, then you will have to buy it with money earned from matches. To unlock everything you're going to have to be a good all-rounder - you will have to win deathmatches, team deathmatches, races and complete tasks in free roam. In your online characters journey you will start at the bottom and make your way to the top, where you own the big mansion with a garage and all the cars.

What I'm hoping for is some way you can lose it all and come crashing down to the bottom again. That would really spice up the matches knowing that your progress is on the line. Whatever it is I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully it will have a lot of depth to it.

badass nyuka
  • badass nyuka

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:44 AM Edited by badass nyuka, 08 July 2013 - 07:48 AM.

Ok

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

As cool as that sounds, I think Rockstar would have revealed GTA:O long ago if they had put that much effort into it. I'm sure multiplayer is going to be awesome, but not nearly as great as some are expecting it to be.

badass nyuka
  • badass nyuka

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

Anyways how would everyone get a safe house for each crew? You would be getting taken over every time you left and there would be to many crews to give safe houses to .not to mention the modders and hackers..... dontgetit.gif dontgetit.gif

Dr Zoidburg
  • Dr Zoidburg

woop woop woop!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (minwager @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 06:52)
QUOTE (Dr Zoidburg @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 06:40)
QUOTE (minwager @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 05:42)

All im saying is that's alot of work for a handful of wishes.

Haha, not much else to do until new info is released I guess.

Sadly that's true.

What i think is funny though is R* could release ALL the information tomorrow, everything we could possibly want to know, but leave out just one small insignificant detail and these forums would be full of people speculating about that one thing.

@badass nyknyk - did you happen to grow up in a house with lead based paint when you were a young(er) child? Or did the troll gods bestow this amazing ability on you?

freakydude20
  • freakydude20

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (badass nyuka @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 07:52)
Anyways how would everyone get a safe house for each crew? You would be getting taken over every time you left and there would be to many crews to give safe houses to .not to mention the modders and hackers..... dontgetit.gif dontgetit.gif

Lots of servers, I think. wink.gif

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:36 PM Edited by meta187, 08 July 2013 - 12:38 PM.

Quality work, my friend. We're on the same page here. What it is or will be I cannot say but I feel most passionately about the idea sparked in the FTLoM topic that you so eloquently articulated here of Crews having their own safehouse that grow and change as a result of your success. While it might be a bit much to have thousands of Crews with safehouses occupying a single map or server you could certainly have a generic scripted interior that serves as the jump off for all Crews prior to entering an official mode. Within that it could grow and change into a a bigger, brighter thing as your Crew moves up in rank and acquires more money. You could also have social activities within the base. Pool, Air Hockey, Table Tennis. Random Fist fights (Fight Club if you like)? The possibilities are endless here. With the on going prospect of future DLC it's never too late to make suggestions. wink.gif

Failure
  • Failure

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

This is a really good thread. I really enjoyed VCMP and SAMP due to the customised dedicated servers and free-form gameplay, whereas I never got into IV's multiplayer as lobbies really don't suit GTA.

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

I remember when Rockstar asked people to send them ideas about Crews and GTA V Multiplayer mode. I am 100% sure they got very good ideas and implemented them. Maybe that's why they call it GTA Online and not GTA V Online or Multiplayer.

BeardedxMic
  • BeardedxMic

The Bearded Bastich.

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

While I'd be very happy to have the things you listed implemented, I can't say that I think they will be. A lot of them would be very difficult to transfer from one game to another. And seeing as the level of detail involved is supposed to be massive, I can't imagine the game being able to re-construct a building on a whim every time a game starts. What I could see, is the higher your level, the better hood you spawn in. Giving you better opportunities to rob others of cash/xp.

And while I do believe that this will be one of the greatest mp experiences ever, I'd settle for just a notch above what RDR was.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:23 PM Edited by wwinterj, 08 July 2013 - 01:26 PM.

QUOTE (slogan-killer1 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 06:51)
I hope they don't bring in MMO sh*t or else I'm gonna be pissed!

Why not? It seems it'll happen one day and may be a way to get all cities in one game.
A mini MMO is how I think GTA online will be. The next step after that would be a fully fledged MMO on next gen consoles.

Good topic here and I can see the OP has put a lot of work into it but more importantly thought. Have this cookie for your effort! cookie.gif

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Capitol Crusader

• The Connection
  • Ireland

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

Awesome

sublimelabs
  • sublimelabs

The Jimmy Rustler

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (Deadly Target @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 07:46)
As cool as that sounds, I think Rockstar would have revealed GTA:O long ago if they had put that much effort into it. I'm sure multiplayer is going to be awesome, but not nearly as great as some are expecting it to be.

A while back Rockstar posted on the newswire with an email for people to send in multiplayer suggestions. What they've done with those suggestions is anyone's guess. And that's why I'm so excited to hear more about GTA Online.

Great thread. Above all I hope this multiplayer is free-form. Don't wanna miss moments like riding a bicycle down the street, being chased by a buzzard.

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

Multiplayer free mode will defenitely return.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

The one thing which caught my attention about the 'crews' system, is that they said there would actually be preset gangs to join that will obviously be created by Rockstar. You will also be able to join more than one crew. So imagine that if you're a member of the Ballas, you can go to their preset territories in any multiplayer lobby and get access to all their special equipment and privileges.

Imagine if, whenever you are representing the Ballas in any game mode, you are earning not only your own personal cash, but you are earning cash or points or whatever you care to name it for the entire Ballas crew.

Maybe the more you earn for the Ballas over time, the higher you rise within the ranks and you then gain access to better equipment as befits your status within the crew.

Of course, as i said, you can join multiple crews, so maybe the next day, you don't feel like being the Ballas, you can choose to represent one of your other crews, perhaps one you and your friends made. Then everything you do counts towards their communal cash or points and adds to your rank within that crew.

Perhaps the player made crews can choose from a number of preset locations within the map to hold as a territory for that session. The bigger and better the crew, the bigger and better the territory you can choose and thus the bigger and better the rewards that are available to you.

Of course lone wolves will be able to get all the good stuff too, but they will have to pay retail prices for it. Or maybe, they can approach other crews and do contract work for them in exchange for weapons, vehicles, or just straight up cash. This would also tie in to the 'vendetta' system. Perhaps you can approach a crew and look at all the people they have vendettas on. These could be NPC characters like the bounty system in Red Dead Redemption, or they could be actual players who are in that session and have been marked by other crews as an enemy. This way, players can act as mission givers for other players, and larger crews can get smaller crews or individuals to do their work for them.

This would be awesome in my opinion. Certainly would beat chasing blips around an airport endlessly.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

That was a good read. Rockstar is calling the multiplayer 'Grand Theft Auto Online' for a reason. They don't just call it so, and they don't expect it to be a revolution for multiplayer games, as GTA III was for singleplayer games, for no reason. If we go by what they said, then we can expect something new, something ground-breaking and worthwhile. And that not only for this game, but for future GTA games as well. I will perhaps come up with some ideas later when I'm on my desktop PC.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (Deadly Target @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 07:46)

why do you say it won't be "nearly as great"

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Maybe the big thing is Co OP? Maybe they decided they could pull it off?

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:56 PM Edited by ViciousLuke, 08 July 2013 - 03:01 PM.

I think Rockstar confirmed that there will be classic modes like Free Roam and Deathmatch, but said that there will be many new things implemented. I think co-op will be there too. GTA V is basically about heists, every heist will be harder and that's the point where we WILL have problems. Why don't make a co-op mode in multiplayer where you need to pull off heists? Create a plan with your friend (or friends) and then start the heist. I think it would be fun, you gotta shake cops off and hide in the safe place. And money you have earned could be usable for buying stuff in multiplayer. I think they said something about co-op mode in multiplayer.

Correct me if I am wrong.

PS. Well, it doesn't really matter, because Free Roam will be there and I am 140% sure about that. Wanna mess around with my friends lol.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

Hate to say it but... As good as all of this sounds, these types of threads just set you up for massive dissappointment.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 15:05)
Hate to say it but... As good as all of this sounds, these types of threads just set you up for massive dissappointment.

Nah i'd say it harmless speculation and these kind of threads generate good ideas. Rockstar members do check this forum, if we can get across our ideas properly, we can inspire them to think more about what players actually want to play instead of just implementing the same old thing again and again.

If we don't raise the bar in terms of expectations, then game developers would never bother to raise it in terms of development.

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

My guess about "GTA Online" - it will be available (at some point) as a purchase separate from singleplayer, and may involve a fee to play that is waived with a single-use code that comes with the game. By keeping "GTA Online" separate from the singleplayer, they can avoid the problems caused when they added to the singleplayer map in "Ballad of Gay Tony", which also means they can add features to "GTA Online" without having to maintain any relation to GTAV singleplayer. Basically having singleplayer and multiplayer separated gives R* much more freedom in the future, most of which will probably translate to a better experience for us as gamers.

As for actual multiplayer features, I'd say a good place to start would be to examine the evolution from GTAIV to RDR to MP3, and extrapolate from there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users