298 replies to this topic
gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

I was sold with GTA V -

GTAO - have my money for at least the next 5-10 years R* - mind blowing
Make my own race routes and try other peoples? - Just wow...

When I heard they were re-inventing the open world game I really had no idea it was going to be like this! Truly amazing.

Absolutely truly amazing.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

In GTA Online, are all the modes and activities available on the fly in one lobby or some are and others are not? for example, if two players want to have a Tennis game, would they be taken to a special lobby where there are no other players going around? in Red Dead Redemption, if you want to have a Poker game, as an example, you're transferred to a lobby different to the free mode, but what about GTA Online?

GrandTheftDildo
  • GrandTheftDildo

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

Be a nice in joke from R* that if you try and highlight the MP part before release date it comes up with......available in a few weeks or so... lol.gif

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

It's nice to see Rockstar listened to the community, even if a little bit.

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

The Content Creator is f*cking awesome. That is all.

L21
  • L21

Swaggy-O's Leader

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

It looks amazing I can't wait for it!

user posted image

Phatgordo13
  • Phatgordo13

Corredo "Cordero" Corleone

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:24 AM

I have to believe there will be more news to come regarding GTA Online in the next few weeks leading up to release, but I look forward to really digging in and dissecting what we like and what we dislike about GTA Online.

Its been made clear this is an ongoing entity that will evolve with time.

We will have a voice in that.

ScottishHeist123
  • ScottishHeist123

After 5 years on the East Coast, it's time to go home...

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Madness @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 19:14)
I'm surprised how nobody is bewildered that we can shoot while parachuting.

That's so true - it is a feature from the GTAO trailer that has been overlooked! That's if, it is a feature and not a one-time thing.

Kuunkulta
  • Kuunkulta

Rocka Rolla

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

I haven't played gta 4 online but I'm curious about the free roam mode in 5. Well, curious AND confused. I see a lot of people complaining about other players killing them and I just can't understand why are the complainers playing online in the first place if they just want to cruise in peace. Can anyone explain this to me? I mean, I play mmorpgs and Battlefield kinda stuff so when I get online I expect others to try their best to kill me! So seriously, what's the deal here?

Eddie Dean
  • Eddie Dean

Addict

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

Well some people just want to cruise around with friends, chatting and discovering stuff together. There are still Deathmatch modes etc, but free roam is what the name suggests: Do anything you want, so not just killing, not just heists, not just cruising, just freedom.

EDIT: That's why some people will just go in a passive mode game with friends and do everything they like, instead of for example being shot while just parachuting of Mt. Chiliad.

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

With all this added "stuff". You have the availability to voice characterise your avatar.

Yea, Machinima is going to melt.

I can think of a list of movies I would love to emulate. Gone in Sixty Seconds, and most importantly Vanishing Point. And many more that have to do with cars.

ahetFIN
  • ahetFIN

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

can't wait to find a small group robbing a bank and then planting C4 on their getaway car and following them for a while after they come out and then make them go boom and collect the money devil.gif

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

Totally going to remake The Place Beyond The Pines trailer in GTAO

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

Saw that movie today icon14.gif

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (ahetFIN @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 16:39)
can't wait to find a small group robbing a bank and then planting C4 on their getaway car and following them for a while after they come out and then make them go boom and collect the money  devil.gif

You can do that via a crew right. But if you dont wanna be in a crew( play solo),how can you do that then?
Is it with an a.i team or what?

DopeSack
  • DopeSack

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

i think they have created a masterpiece...i cant wait

most exciting part is how they said it is gonna be a evolving entity the potential for this is mind blowing......

TheNando
  • TheNando

poophead

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

I COULDN'T BE MORE HYPED

G D
  • G D

Praise the sun, or die trying.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

About damn time i found a game which surpasses Real Life.

Vanished off the face of the earth for 10 days without a care in the world....only to find this mind-f*ck info waiting.......

I really mean it when i say i've been in shock.

This game will be the best game yet.

Skyrim? what's skyrim? all Skyrim had over GTA was the amount of sheer (generic mostly) content.

But now this "game" has... simulated life itself.

I'm gonna suicidal.gif from the brain damage.

Inzane-empire321
  • Inzane-empire321

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (Deadly Target @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 07:46)
As cool as that sounds, I think Rockstar would have revealed GTA:O long ago if they had put that much effort into it. I'm sure multiplayer is going to be awesome, but not nearly as great as some are expecting it to be.

Well why would you want to release information on the game? You will know exactly what will happen if they revealed it earlier because peoplewill want more and so rockstar would have to reveal more and so the online feature is spoiled. And did you watch the recent trailer? It said GTA online is ever expanding potentially making it a standalone game. It will be a great experience but then again that is your opinion and I respect that.

Phatgordo13
  • Phatgordo13

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:42 AM

Well, it has been awhile since I have revisited the conversation. Theres been a ton of information to cover, and a lot of details released. Now that the leak business is dieing down, hopefully the conversation regarding GTA:O can continue.

I think the most moving piece of information we have received is the concept of structured vs. unstructured gameplay. Thats a lot of what we have been talking about.

The idea of structured game play, I over looked. Not so much because I didn't think of it, but because I had no idea how involved R* would be with this process moving forward. Look, 700 missions to start? Thats amazing.

To be completely honest, I'm not an avid fan of PvP online gaming. Its the human element that causes games to feel unrealistic, and realism is becoming a corner stone of the GTA Franchise. I'm most excited about this feature because it allows crews to focus on co-op missions rather than just trying to coordinate the schedules of two crew rosters to have a death match.

I have some questions though, and there is a lot Im sure they will cover in the following months, but Im really unsure about the following....

1) It was explained that there will be 16 players on a map, including you. In order of priority you will be placed with friends, crew members, and then equal leveled players. Cool.

But....

If some of my friends and crew members are involved in missions, do our worlds simply converge like the parallel universe theory implied? I have to imagine the only way this would work was if the system was, in fact, that of the parallel universe theory.

2) Is it, basically, a 16 person free roam mode with single player elements scattered through out the world? (i.e. shops, missions, property, etc.)

3) If I buy a piece of property, and a player on my map owns the same property, then what? This was something I had yet to reconcile through my own theory, what has R* come up with?

4) How far will I be able to go as a single player on GTA:O?

Those are just a few of the questions I have moving forward. What do you guys think, and what kind of questions do you have?

Cheers.

celozzip
  • celozzip

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

yeah i'm more interested in the coop side than pvp and i'm still not completely clear on the existence of npcs in multiplayer. is it just a few on the streets/in stores and some driving cars? i really wanted it to be like a single player game with loads everywhere but with 16 humans mixed in. is that even possible on rage? is it like a server setting?

Phatgordo13
  • Phatgordo13

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (celozzip @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 06:23)
yeah i'm more interested in the coop side than pvp and i'm still not completely clear on the existence of npcs in multiplayer. is it just a few on the streets/in stores and some driving cars? i really wanted it to be like a single player game with loads everywhere but with 16 humans mixed in. is that even possible on rage? is it like a server setting?

From what Ive gathered you really wont be able to tell the difference between single player and multiplayer. It's a seamless transition that only changes the avatar you control. Everything in single player, is in multi player.

Dedicated servers as well so that means you wont be dependent upon the internet connection of the players sharing the map with you.

To be completely fair, they didnt tell us a whole lot about GTA Online. There was a lot more information from the interviews with Benzies, but that then becomes dependent upon the interviewers asking the right questions and wording things the right way.

Something I forgot to add....

There needs to be a lot of changes made to Social Club. Everything from character limits in posts and messages to more crew management systems. Right now, as a crew leader all you can do is dictate whos in the crew and whos out.

While that may be fine to some, I would like to see more options to structuring crews. i.e. ranking systems, titles, etc. A little organization goes a long way.

Its called Social Club, yet the most limiting aspect of it, is the ability to be Social. That needs to change.

DontCallMeSurly
  • DontCallMeSurly

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (celozzip @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 11:23)

Hey there,

Just wanted to say how much I agree with you on both aspects of non-pvp and the idea of NPCs in multiplayer. In regards to the NPCs, I was a little concerned about that myself, but after sifting through the Grand Theft Auto Online trailer, I noticed a few things:

During the trailer, at various sections such as 1:07, and 1:42, there appears to be NPCs on the road, however looking at the radar we can tell these are actual players and not just random NPCs.

However, to disprove my worries, sections of the trailer at 2:01 and 2:53 show more than 16 persons at a time.

So, I don't know to be honest... I certainly do hope they have a lot of NPCs; without them, well, it just wouldn't be Grand Theft Auto.

We shall see on October 1st! Hope to see everyone there!

B3ANTOWN B3A5T
  • B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

I heard somewhere that as you progress to higher ranks in GTAO you will unlock more single player characters to interact with and recieve missions from, which is cool, but what if I'm level 10 and have a certain character's mission unlocked that my friend, who is only level 5, doesn't have access to yet, can he still do the mission/heist with me?

Phatgordo13
  • Phatgordo13

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (B3ANTOWN B3A5T @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 13:45)
I heard somewhere that as you progress to higher ranks in GTAO you will unlock more single player characters to interact with and recieve missions from, which is cool, but what if I'm level 10 and have a certain character's mission unlocked that my friend, who is only level 5, doesn't have access to yet, can he still do the mission/heist with me?

Thats a good question! I'm still unclear on how it works as well. First of all, Im not even entirely sure anyone else is put on your map until you make it so.

You could read the answers as, you go online there are 16 players. Or, you go online, and choose which players you want added up to 16 total.

In any event, I know that they will add other players to your map of like rank, but how does that work in smaller crews?

I dont know.

Phatgordo13
  • Phatgordo13

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:32 AM

I may be talking to the wall here but here goes.....

Marijuana

Do I have your attention? tounge.gif

Roll one whicha' boy....

So, back in the day me and my dudes used to get together on any given night, and roll five deep in someone's car. Windows tinted. Sub woofers blaring. Scarface playing in the headsets. We'd smoke from sun up, to sun down. It was like a f*cking traveling road show. Going from one spot to another. Meeting up with dudes, chasing after bitches, whatever.

Now we grown up. We got jobs. Kids. A f*cking mortgage. Some of you youngin's probably laughing about now, but at least you may appreciate this.

Those friends I used to kick it with are now all over the country. Milwaukee, New York, Minneapolis, and we don't see each other no more.

One of the most exciting components of GTA Online, for me, is the social integration. The ability for me, and my friend in his New Jersey apartment to get together on a Friday night some where in the heart of Los Santos. Independently, we have readied our herbs and spices at home, but through the game we could cruise the streets of Los Santos, rag top dropped, Wu Tang on the track, talking sh*t over our head sets like old times.

Some of my fondest memories of being a teen is the clowning around me and my dudes would pull on a roadie. Grand Theft Auto could bring that back to me.

One.

hobodealerr
  • hobodealerr

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:35 AM

The reveal of crew hierarchies appears to be very similar to your ranking system idea.

http://www.rockstarg...ierarchies.html

Deadantz
  • Deadantz

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (hobodealerr @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 01:35)
The reveal of crew hierarchies appears to be very similar to your ranking system idea.

http://www.rockstarg...ierarchies.html

YOU SHOULD SUE

lol jk

Phatgordo13
  • Phatgordo13

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:51 AM

Well we got the ranking system.....

and the pot smoking with friends.....

sigh.gif