Photo

End of Watch

3 replies to this topic
NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:13 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 31 July 2013 - 07:37 PM.

user posted image

Plot Summary:
Jake Gyllenhaaal and Michael Peņa star as Los Angeles Police officers Brian Taylor and Mike Zavala following them as they
patrol the streets of South Central Los Angeles. The film paints a very realistic picture of the cops who risk their lives every day, and the price they and their families
are sometimes forced to pay.

Released on September 21,2012

So I just got to watching this last night. I remember I first saw the trailer during previews before TED or
the Dark Knight last year and was instantly interested.

Can't believe it took me almost a year to see it (Big movie buff) but man I loved it. I thought Jake Gyllenhaaal(lol @tom selleck forum auto edit) and
Michael Peņa did a fantastic job. Really the chemistry and all that was top notch. I'm usually not a fan of the documentary 1st person type movies
but this was nice in that they switched it up between regular movie angles and handheld.

I found a new respect for Jake and Mike as actors. They did their research with this movie. They spent 5 months with
the LAPD riding along in the patrol cars and doing tactical training 5 days a week. They really
pulled me in.

Anna Kendrick and Natalie Martinez were equally great in their roles as Brian and Mikes girlfriend/wives.

I obviously don't want to spoil anything but the movie for me really made me love these dudes
and I was rooting for them. I got so connected. All the buddy humor was great. But then the movie equally reminds you that
this is based on real life and sometimes things don't go so well.

Brian and Mike take on all sorts of action but ultimately end up getting involved with
some very dangerous people. The Cartel.

And that's really all I will say about the story. Short and sweet haha. Watch the movie. wink.gif

I really don't have any complaints towards this movie, only that I'd love to hear more humorous
banter between Brian and Mike in the cop car haha.

I'll end by saying that it is one of my favorite cop movies and it is a humorous but also an intense/emotional
experience. I'll admit I shed some tears during this.

It's movies like this that I love where the characters draw you in. As an aspiring
actor, performances like this are the ones that really make you appreciate films and the impact
they can have.

I really really recommend.

By the way if anyone could name the music used @ 35 sec. in the trailer below that would be amazing. icon14.gif

My rating: 5/5

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:17 PM Edited by Chukkles, 01 August 2013 - 06:20 PM.

I love this film and I've already made all my friends and family watch it.
Most realistic take on police.
Did you know the two actors went on ride alongside with the police, on Tom Sellecks first time, he saw someone bleed out and die.
It's in the special features.

Oh, I forgot, some reason Jake G gets filtered to Tom Selleck.
So that's J.a.k.e G.y.l.l.e.n.hal where Tom Selleck is written.

Try it yourself.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 14:17)
Oh, I forgot, some reason Jake G gets filtered to Tom Selleck.
So that's J.a.k.e G.y.l.l.e.n.hal where Tom Selleck is written.

Try it yourself.

I did if you read the whole post haha tounge.gif

fuck sivispacem
  • fuck sivispacem

I love Sivispacem

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:22 AM

was a great movie starts of slow in the beginning but gets better

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users