Weird screen problem

4 replies to this topic
Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

git gud or get rekt

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

So I decided to try playing some PC games using my TV as a monitor and this keeps happening:

user posted image

The weird thing is this has NEVER happened while I've been using my regular PC monitor nor has anything like this ever happened to the TV itself while watching something or playing on a console etc.
It doesn't matter if I'm playing a demanding game or if I'm just using the Internet, it typically happens within 2-15 minutes of connecting the HDMI to the TV.
I doubt it's my video card since I'm maxing out Max Payne 3 and it's barely exceeding 70 degrees.
The only way to fix it temporarily is to lower the resolution and then return it to what ever it was (1920 x 1080p in my case)
However the same thing happens again within 2-15 minutes.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:06 PM

Connect back to your monitor and play at the same res and settings. What cable did you use for your monitor? Perhaps your card has a faulty HDMI port?

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

git gud or get rekt

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:50 PM Edited by DE4TH, 31 July 2013 - 08:56 PM.

It works perfectly fine with the PC monitor. I used the same cable for both screens and if it was a faulty HDMI port, it wouldn't matter what screen I used, would it?

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

Something then seems to be messing up one of the colour channels. It could be TV. Do you have any other device than can be plugged into your TV by HDMI?

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

git gud or get rekt

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 21:07)
Something then seems to be messing up one of the colour channels. It could be TV. Do you have any other device than can be plugged into your TV by HDMI?

Yes as I said both my Xbox 360 and PS3 work fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users