Photo

Diablo 3 (console)

13 replies to this topic
d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

What are your thoughts on this game coming out for PS3/360??

I've never played a Diablo game in my life. I play on PS3 and not PC. However, I quite like the look of this game and I'm thinking of buying it. It comes out 3rd September and I was looking to pick it up to play before GTA V came out. I'm out of games to play for my PS3 so I need some new games. I just don't know if it's worth dropping 40 on it or if I should wait for reviews/price drop.

Here is a video:

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

I watched a few gameplays and I think it could be quite fun on console.

But its not a type of game I would pay the full price though

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

Yeah I think I'll definitely be buying it and maybe I'll just wait until the price drops.

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

Hey guys, just picked up D3 on 360. Loving it, playing on hard and it's pretty f*cking hard looking for another player though so if you can add me on 360 my GT is Ir0n Soldier. Thanks. 

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

i got it on release day and i've been playing it ever since. really enjoying it. my barbarian is at level 24 at the moment. only playing it on the easiest setting. i'm going to try putting the difficulty up because i've only died about 3 times so far and i'm well into act 2 at the moment.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

Sucked hard on PC. Might be better on console but I wouldn't touch it.

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

Sucked hard on PC. Might be better on console but I wouldn't touch it.

Why did it "suck hard" on PC?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Evil Invaders Motorcycles

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

A lot of people hated the mandatory online connection on the PC version.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

and auction house. 

i'm really enjoying it on ps3. i can only play it for a couple hours at a time. it just gets tiring but i always go back to it. 

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

Picked this up last week on the PS3, due to my review backlog not really been able to have a proper stab at it as of yet. Me and the girlfriend were able to start a campaign on it last week though, and I rolled a new character last night to play with a friend online. It works quite well on the console, surprised at how easily everything has translated accross. Quite remarkable how smooth it all is to fire off moves and so on.

The one issue we did have however is that if you're not the host it tends to be a little big laggy. Our first attempt my friend was the host player, for him it was smooth as anything but I could barely do anything, tried with me as the host player and everything was fine for me but a bit jumpy for him. Not sure if it's down to our connections ourselves, I generally have a good upload and have had little if any problems with other applications or just the game itself working out a few bugs. Not had the chance to really research if it's a common problem or not yet.

Game is fun though, I had it on the PC but lack of people to play with meant it went fairly untouched. Hoping the story will be different with the the console adaptation.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:21 AM

I got the demo ready to go, I have never played Diablo before.
I thought it was a WOW type game but looks more like LOL from screens.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:39 AM

I got Diablo 3 for xbox360 last week, and been playing a lot of it!

And it just gets better more I play!

Looks great, plays great, has great atmosphere, and is just as addictive as Diablo2 was.

I had some doubts about the new skill system, but now I love it. the skills are great, and I just love the way new skills come on-line whenever you level up. Okay, this takes roleplaying out of it, but I'm all right with it all. Especially as there are a LOT of skills for each character.

I also love that you can be either sex in all of the character classes.

Perhaps the greatest thing about the new Diablo 3 is how the maps change every time you load up the game. In D2 maps changed only when you started a totally new game, but here they change sublty all the time!

Example: Yesterday I roamed a certain map and found a seller of very powerful but cheap magic items. Great! But today, as I returned to this map, the seller was gone. Instead, I found a new cave, and a farmer that gave me a fun subquest!

-So, the maps really change all the time, and this makes it worth going through the same areas multiple times, as you never know what you will encounter.

Is this better than Diablo 2? No.

Is this better than Sacred 2? Hmmm. Hard to say. They are very different, so both totally worth playing.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

I haven't played D3 in a while. I completed the story but I'm not sure if it's worth playing through again at higher difficulty. I'm interested in RoS DLC but not been hearing good things about the beta.

I was tempted to try D2 out recently but not sure if I should pick it up. 

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

Well, great thing about replaying D3 is that your heroes have a shared wallet and stash.

-This means that when you make a new hero and start a game with it, you can use the money that you collected in your wallet with your first hero. And use any stuff your first hero put into the stach!

For example, I played the game through with a barbarian, and ended with 51000 gold pieces on my wallet. After that I started a new game with a witch, and she has been able to use all that money to kit herself out, because the wallet is shared between all the heroes.

Not only that, but I put all the jewels that the barbarian had left over to the stash, so now the witch can make use of them (bacause the stash is shared too!)

Also, once you have leveled up your gem crafter and blacksmith, they stay leveled up! So when you start a new game, you no longer have to level up your smith again. Instead, you can use his services fully from day one with your new hero, which is very useful!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users