» «
Photo

GTA IV&EFLC Graphical Bug Fixes

146 replies to this topic
The Clansman
  • The Clansman

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:35 AM Edited by The Clansman, 31 August 2013 - 01:46 AM.

Upgrade to patch 6, here's a pic

user posted image

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:30 AM Edited by nkjellman, 31 August 2013 - 04:53 AM.

Patch 6 is buggy lol. I didn't have the transparent bug. Do you have an ati card?

Patch 4 gta_trees shader on patch 7.
user posted image
I'm not sure. It looks different. But something isn't right. IDK. But even the ENB trees look better with it.

Edit: It still does it. The ENB trees dont have it though. Send me your shader folder from Patch 6

The Clansman
  • The Clansman

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

My card is an Nvidia 660 TI

Here the shaders http://www.mediafire...mx94dtiuqg7ij5k

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:57 AM Edited by nkjellman, 01 September 2013 - 01:01 AM.

QUOTE (The Clansman @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 13:44)
My card is an Nvidia 660 TI

Here the shaders http://www.mediafire...mx94dtiuqg7ij5k

Thanks. This will help. There are a few things I can try.

Just a quick note. In patch 7 they fixed the transparent leaves bug. There is a chance this could be a bug with the new shader system and it may not be fixable.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:29 PM Edited by nkjellman, 01 September 2013 - 09:16 PM.

Update: Bushes fixed, sorta.

user posted image

This shot is with out enb messing with the trees. The bug is much less noticeable. You might see it slightly in some spots if you pay attention. However, the bug does come back when ENB is enabled.

What I did was use the patch 1.0.6.0 deferred_lighting.fxc shader on 1.0.7.0. Updating from patch 6 to patch 7 changes deferred_lighting.fxc, and rage_postfx.fxc shader files. Now, before I release this fix, I want to test the game. Why?
1. The transparent bug may reappear. I haven't noticed this in my own game but you can see it in The Clansman's screen of the bushes in patch 6. The bug may show up in other peoples games, and not mine, and I'd hate to "depatch' something Rockstar patched.
2. I need to test and see if any other patch 6 bugs appear. For example I need to test and see if the game lags near the water's edge, and I need to play the Sexy Time mission on TBOGT to see if it lags like on 1.0.6.0.

As for moving the old shader system to patch 7. Honestly I'd love to. If I could it would be an add on though. I have never gotten the 1.0.4.0 shaders on 7. I bet there is hard coded data in the exe that would have to be moved over. That stuff is above my level, but I will ask around and see if anyone else has any ideas. I'm willing to bet it is a lot of work. On patches 6/7, and EFLC, even the sco format is updated. But that may not have to do with the shader system, it could have to do with the way the modding protection works online now.

Edit: I'm starting to believe that the transparent bug on patch 6 is only on some graphics cards. I'm gonna need people to do a test for me.
Copy only the deferred_lighting.fxc from all the win_32 folders in the patch 6 shaders that The Clansman uploaded. Put them in the corresponding shader folder. Make sure you turn off ENB Series by pressing Shift F12. Then post a pic of what the bushes look like. I want to make sure the bug isn't still there, and I also want to make sure the transparent leafs bug isn't an issue.

If some people report that they don't have the bug, and others report that they do, I'm gonna include the fix as an add on.

Edit: Found a bug with the trees when using patch 6 shader. The leaves don't have shadows casted on them from other objects. With shadows on, they look like the shadows are off.

If I could just put the old shader system back that would work. I actually think the new shader system is actually the beta shader system so it isn't finished. It may of lagged on the consoles. Anyway here is a few screens from before the game was released. Looks kinda like the new shader system, doesn't it?
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

The Clansman
  • The Clansman

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

I'll do some tests.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (The Clansman @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 21:16)
I'll do some tests.

Thanks for your help.

The Clansman
  • The Clansman

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

Edit: Found a bug with the trees when using patch 6 shader. The leaves don't have shadows casted on them from other objects. With shadows on, they look like the shadows are off.

Yep

user posted image

user posted image

Apart from this, no bugs so far.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

Damn it. Well hope for the best. Maybe I can figure something else out.

The Clansman
  • The Clansman

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

This one looks bugged

user posted image

And this one looks ok

user posted image

Anyway, it was a first step. Like you said, you can figure something out. And I'm hoping so.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

So you get the transparent bug? I don't seem to get that in my game. Unless I missed it.

The Clansman
  • The Clansman

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

Check this area in Bohan

user posted image

I found some brushes bugged there

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

Ok thanks. I checked but I didn't see the transparent bug. Do you have SNT coordinates?

The Clansman
  • The Clansman

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

Erm... since I don't know what a SNT coordenate could be, I guess I don't have them.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (The Clansman @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 22:26)
Erm... since I don't know what a SNT coordenate could be, I guess I don't have them.

Ok. It doesn't matter anyway. The bug with bushes in the shade is enough reason for me to drop using the patch 6 shader.

The Clansman
  • The Clansman

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:59 PM

You shouldn't worry about the transparent bug. I found three of them, all on that area in Bohan. All others in the whole game are just fine.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (The Clansman @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 22:59)
You shouldn't worry about the transparent bug. I found three of them, all on that area in Bohan. All others in the whole game are just fine.

Transparent isn't the problem it the fact that bushes in the shade dont look like their in the shade.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

If you do get the old shaders to work in 1.0.7.0, is there any way to keep the high-res shadows? The old shader's "Very High" shadows is equal to 1.0.7.0's "High" setting. Obviously things got bumped down to make room for a more high-res option.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:15 AM Edited by nkjellman, 14 September 2013 - 10:52 PM.

If you do get the old shaders to work in 1.0.7.0, is there any way to keep the high-res shadows? The old shader's "Very High" shadows is equal to 1.0.7.0's "High" setting. Obviously things got bumped down to make room for a more high-res option.

I don't know. I doubt I can even get them ported. I wonder if Rockstar has a beta GTA IV.exe (with DLC support), and EFLC.exe that use the old shader system. I'd try to get the old one for mods like ICEnhancer. Some people claim that they get better performance with the old shader system, and the old shader system doesn't have the vegetation shadow bug.

But what may be possible:

-Change the render distance of the shaders with a hex editor. I could find the value with a hex editor in the exe, in the shader file, etc... If this happens, it will be released as an add on. I'll make a few of them on different settings, encase someone wants to lower it more to increase their performance, or someone wants to increase it to make it look better.

-Trick GFWL to thinking that 1.0.4.0 is 1.0.7.0. However, there may be no point in doing this. There would be no TLAD and TBoGT support for one. Another thing is the old shader system patches also have a different sco format. If MP works, it could f*ck up the legit servers. By that I mean people can use the file check fix and have mods in legit servers. I don't want that to happen.

-Modify the games vegetation and see if I can make the bug go away. I'll try to avoid changing the models, but I might be able to change shaders. Not all the vegetation has the bug.

-Modify the lights that are darkened with night shadows enabled/shadow density above 1. I could move the light source on the object. I bet because the source can cast shadows on those graphics settings, it casts a shadow blocking its own light. I hope that is the case, and the tunnel its in isn't the cause.

Edit: It appears I have found another bug. Its on GTA IV on all patches, and its on EFLC too. It isn't on console, so its not supposed to look this way.

hm6q.png

I'm going to try to fix it before GTA V comes out, otherwise it may be a while.

• bst81 likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

I noticed that in GTA V the shadows in the game only move every in-game hour or so. I don't know the exact interval, if it's every hour, every other hour, or so on - I just noticed that when an hour passes, that's when the shadows reposition themselves. I think Red Dead Redemption did this too.

Point is, would this be possible as an Add-On or something, or just in general would it be possible? I would imagine that it could increase a bit of performance, since the game won't have to constantly calculate the shadows.

PetkaGtA
  • PetkaGtA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:52 AM Edited by PetkaGtA, 24 September 2013 - 08:52 AM.

I noticed that in GTA V the shadows in the game only move every in-game hour or so. I don't know the exact interval, if it's every hour, every other hour, or so on - I just noticed that when an hour passes, that's when the shadows reposition themselves. I think Red Dead Redemption did this too.

Point is, would this be possible as an Add-On or something, or just in general would it be possible? I would imagine that it could increase a bit of performance, since the game won't have to constantly calculate the shadows.

no, it won't increase performance... shadow mapping isn't lightmapping it isn't static it's dynamic and updated every frame

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

After playing a lot of GTA V recently, I'd like to state something about the darkness bug off in the distance.

I think it might be a feature added in the new shader system that wasn't implemented properly. It z fights, and doesn't transition smoothly to the normal look. In GTA V it transitions properly but not on GTA IV.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:18 PM Edited by KawakSallas, 26 September 2013 - 05:31 PM.

Some ideas - The answer for the vegetation shadow line bug must be on the deferred_lighting.fxc file. Maybe editing hex values or something to make the shadows casted on them, not in them (Don't know if I'm expressing myself correctly)

You see, even with the shadows off, the bushes have some kind of "dynamic shadow mapping"

lgaiCTN.jpg

SpGoiLG.jpg

About the z fighting, I don't know... maybe lods?

EDIT - Some files of your mod cause bugs on TBoGT. Nothing big, but I'm just reporting... you know

It's on a cutscene. The gold SMG seems transparent

ZCBCb0R.jpg

XC0F4R5.jpg

The Clansman
  • The Clansman

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

Either people are too busy playing V or the bugs aren't fixable.

Well, you can't always get what you want.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

I'll have to look into the Gold SMG thing. I haven't encountered it in my game (as far as I'm concerned). I would of noticed it. I'll look into it at some later point. I guess for now, Yusuf has a glass model of the Gold SMG.

Also everything has deferred lighting with shadows off.

Anyways, I'm most likely not going to fix everything. Reason being:

-Some things, I don't know how to fix, and may even be impossible to fix.

-GTA V most likely will be out on PC. Hopefully it will be optimized. But I would rather make something on GTA V as its a much better version of Rage. (For example: Better graphics, better plane physics, larger mapping space, etc...)

There are quite a few mods for V on the list that I may make a few of which are more like small mods to enhance the game.

+-Open all interiors outside of missions.

+-Make vehicles available that aren't obtainable via normal game play.

-Make guns, spike strips, and ejector's seat work outside the mission for the JB700.

-Remove engine stall, boat sink bounds. I hope these are done by script and not by hard coded data. There shouldn't be bugs, as they said that they have no limitations as far as expanding the world in GTA O goes. If there are bugs, I'll look into making my own map bound system. Something like in Saints Row where the vehicle turns around. I hate the engine stall. In some spots, its very close to the map.

-Trains driveable outside of mission.

-Wing suit mod. I'll only make this if there isn't a DLC. I get the feeling there will be a DLC. Anyways, a wing suit works like the parachute. I'll look into seeing if there may be a way to switch between the parachute and the wing suit. Anyways, the wing suit will handle like the skyfall cheat with the same animations. I have a feeling this will be a future DLC, hence the skyfall cheat.

All of these are ideas of mine. Whether or not they will happen is another story. The ones with a + next to them, should be possible.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

In the TBoGT the Police Bike and the Police Stinger are "exclusive" to MP, but they are obtainable in SP via trainers. I'm pretty sure that the same can be done with V "exclusive" vehicles.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

In the TBoGT the Police Bike and the Police Stinger are "exclusive" to MP, but they are obtainable in SP via trainers. I'm pretty sure that the same can be done with V "exclusive" vehicles.

I know it can be done. I've already done it on the 360. But I'll add spawns. However, I don't want to add the snow vehicles from Yankton. Perhaps a teliport at the LS Airport to Yankton.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users