Photo

GTA IV&EFLC Graphical Bug Fixes

148 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:00 AM Edited by nkjellman, 06 August 2013 - 04:21 AM.

QUOTE (CHILLI @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 04:58)
Everything apart from my last sentence was about actual mesh normals, not normal maps.

Anyway, I hope the problem can be solved because, for some reason, visual things like that have the potential to bug me for a loooong time. Like the fact that the original TBOGT cars didnt have functional lights in the first dang place apart from the corona thingy. Was so happy when I found this mod but that normal problem on the wheels really bug me for some reason.

Test the file I sent to you in the PM. Not sure if it fully fixes the normals or not but I think it might. I used the wheel mesh from the original model.

Edit: Let me explain the situation with the vehicle wheels.
This is how you fix the lights, stated by Chasez a while ago.
chasez: It's not a texture probem. It's pretty easy, you just have to move all the light dummies(and everything under that dummy) under chassis_L2 in hierarchy. it's the same when you leave glass above the light in hierarchy you won't be able to see the light unless you move the glass under the light. Check it out by moving windscreen up and down in hierarchy. You'll see that when the windscreen will be on top you won't be able to see through it but if it's moved to the end you will see everything.

Only problem is now you have to use Z Modeler. Unfortunately Z Modeler is at fault for the camera bug, and the lights bug. Fortunately the camera bug has been taken care of. However, the wheel bug can't be fixed until GIMS has OFT import and export. Then I can remake the light fixes, and hopefully fix the tire bug.

Now, I'm gonna try and play around with it in Z-Modeler. There might be a chance that the hierarchy simply needs more adjusting. I'm not 100% positive that Z-Modeler is at fault. In fact, I might just simply import and export a model with out changing anything and see what happens. If the tires become bugged, then Z-Modeler is to blame.
Just be glad that the tire bug isn't very noticeable. I'm sure most of you would rather have the tire bug than the lights bug.

Edit: You got to pay for Zmodeler. f*ck that sh*t. The crappy program can't even export a WFT right. It might even have issues with exporting a WFT bigger than the original, which causes the Taxi bug when you have a high quality model. Anyways, the wheel fix is gonna have to wait till GIMS can import and export OFT.
If someone who bought the pro version of Zmodeler wants to test the wheels by importing, then exporting a TBOGT car and confirm whether the wheel bug is caused by the hierarchy or Zmodeler, I'd appreciate it.

I have no idea when OFT support will come to GIMS. I hope I'll have time to work on a new light fix when that happens. Anyways, I guess I'm gonna release 1.2 so you guys can have the Bahama Mamas fix, because it may be a couple of months before that will happen.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 15:44)
QUOTE (KawakSallas @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 15:00)
OpenIV is open project? If you give proper credits to the OpenIV team, I can't see no problem.
By the way, sice you guys are talking about TBOG issues, I would like some help with a little thing...

First of all, take a look at this http://www.gtaforums...c=436606&st=120

The distance blur thingy does not seem to work for TBoGT, other blur fx works fine though.
Is this because of the greater view of distance in TBoGT? Anyway to fix this?
Everything works fine in TLaD. I'm using EFLC version.

It looks like TBoGT dont have FAR BLUR at all. only near, medium, and motion blur is present.
I found how to fix it, by editing original TBoGT timecyc.dat file.

unrar timecyc.dat file to your ...GTA4EFLC\TBoGT\pc\data\ directory. remember to make backup.

http://rapidshare.co...899/timecyc.rar

To get the alternative graphics tweak working with TBOGT, the timecyc needs that FAR BLUR thing.
Problem, the link of Asires timecyc is down.
Anyone can help?

That isn't a bug. Rockstar did that intentionally. It makes the game look more crisp.

I see. And there is no way to revert the R* decision and add this back?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (KawakSallas @ Tuesday, Aug 6 2013, 19:29)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 15:44)
QUOTE (KawakSallas @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 15:00)
OpenIV is open project? If you give proper credits to the OpenIV team, I can't see no problem.
By the way, sice you guys are talking about TBOG issues, I would like some help with a little thing...

First of all, take a look at this http://www.gtaforums...c=436606&st=120

The distance blur thingy does not seem to work for TBoGT, other blur fx works fine though.
Is this because of the greater view of distance in TBoGT? Anyway to fix this?
Everything works fine in TLaD. I'm using EFLC version.

It looks like TBoGT dont have FAR BLUR at all. only near, medium, and motion blur is present.
I found how to fix it, by editing original TBoGT timecyc.dat file.

unrar timecyc.dat file to your ...GTA4EFLC\TBoGT\pc\data\ directory. remember to make backup.

http://rapidshare.co...899/timecyc.rar

To get the alternative graphics tweak working with TBOGT, the timecyc needs that FAR BLUR thing.
Problem, the link of Asires timecyc is down.
Anyone can help?

That isn't a bug. Rockstar did that intentionally. It makes the game look more crisp.

I see. And there is no way to revert the R* decision and add this back?

I forget which file it is.

It's ether the timecyc, or the visual settings. Try using these files from IV.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

For a future build, is it possible to fix the shadows underneath bikes and cars? At the moment they're pretty awful looking and look like they don't really belong.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 14:21)
For a future build, is it possible to fix the shadows underneath bikes and cars? At the moment they're pretty awful looking and look like they don't really belong.

Are you claiming that they are bad because of the mod or the game it self?

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 19:40)

The game itself. They've always been bad. Especially in TLAD, they have this greenish look to them and are very pixelated. It'd be nice if in a future build you could include a fix, when you're not busy with the other stuff.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 21:06)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 19:40)

The game itself. They've always been bad. Especially in TLAD, they have this greenish look to them and are very pixelated. It'd be nice if in a future build you could include a fix, when you're not busy with the other stuff.

Visual IV has a better under shadow for the vehicles. You should try it out.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:53 AM

I'm not interested in whatever VisualIV offers and fixes (since the topic doesn't really explain what it does), so I'll download it just for the undershadow file. Do you happen to know which file affects the car undershadows?

Also, speaking of mods like VisualIV, there's environment mod v5 - do you recommend any mods to go along with your fixes, or is everything that needs to be fixed included/going to be included (in future builds) in this.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 03:53)
I'm not interested in whatever VisualIV offers and fixes (since the topic doesn't really explain what it does), so I'll download it just for the undershadow file. Do you happen to know which file affects the car undershadows?

Also, speaking of mods like VisualIV, there's environment mod v5 - do you recommend any mods to go along with your fixes, or is everything that needs to be fixed included/going to be included (in future builds) in this.

I believe its one of the wtd files in the pc\texture folder. Not certain which one though.

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

Well,beleive it or not I was working on a mod long time ago,very similar to yours which already fixed bahama mamas exterior,and btw I figured out how to make the noise filter work in TBoGT,just tell me if you need the files tounge.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (Wass @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 07:33)
Well,beleive it or not I was working on a mod long time ago,very similar to yours which already fixed bahama mamas exterior,and btw I figured out how to make the noise filter work in TBoGT,just tell me if you need the files tounge.gif

Your mod is what made me notice that Bahama Mamas was bugged. The light colors made me miss it before. I didn't see a link to yours, otherwise I would of posted a link to it so they could install it.

But I noticed one thing. On yours, you removed those polygons blocking the building. The problem was the texture in the oft had the wrong name. They were supposed to serve as water mark overlays on the building. I had the feeling they were there for a reason.

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:02 AM Edited by Wass, 10 August 2013 - 05:13 PM.

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 08:41)
QUOTE (Wass @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 07:33)

Your mod is what made me notice that Bahama Mamas was bugged. The light colors made me miss it before. I didn't see a link to yours, otherwise I would of posted a link to it so they could install it.

But I noticed one thing. On yours, you removed those polygons blocking the building. The problem was the texture in the oft had the wrong name. They were supposed to serve as water mark overlays on the building. I had the feeling they were there for a reason.

Nah dude,not that one,the mod I'am talking about was not released,and bahama mamas model now looks exactly like the 360 version...btw I'am having troubles accessing the net right now I'll send you the files after solving this problem.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

So, you still working on this or what?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (KawakSallas @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 16:03)
So, you still working on this or what?

It will be up soon. I have been busy lately.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:13 AM

Beta 1.2 Released
UPDATES
-Missing Bahama Mamas water damage texture fixed
-Added Console Loading Screens, as an add on for GTA IV. (Both start up loading screens, and in game loading screens for switching from an episode to GTA IV.)

Download link is on the first page.

The Clansman
  • The Clansman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:51 AM

I don't know if this can be called as a bug, but looks weird (at least for me)

It's about the brushes

user posted image

This is the normal one, their shadows are projected on the ground

user posted image

And this is the weird one. Notice the straight shadow line on below. Try it on game, go to an area where this kind of brushes appear, you'll notice that this "shadow line" kind of draw in the brushes while you pass by them, it is only visible when you are close.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:09 AM

I don't know how I"m gonna be able to fix that one. But try the ENB Series add on and see if it works for you. It does decrease that. Vegetation looks better than in the screens on the first page.

The Clansman
  • The Clansman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:37 AM Edited by The Clansman, 16 August 2013 - 03:49 AM.

Sadly, the ENB doesn't help to fix the shadows.

Other thing, the Rotterdam tower lights in the Ballad, should look like this

user posted image

instead of this

user posted image

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:48 AM Edited by nkjellman, 16 August 2013 - 04:55 AM.

QUOTE (The Clansman @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 03:37)
Sadly, the ENB doesn't help to fix the shadows.

Other thing, the Rotterdam tower lights in the Ballad, should look like this

http://www.gtagaming...enshots/031.jpg

instead of this

user posted image

I cant see the other image.

Edit: If this was a GTA IV Beta mod then yes. The pink lights is how its sopposed to look in TBoGT. In IV its white on top, blue on bottom.

Later I will post a pic from my game.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:26 AM Edited by Deadly Target, 17 August 2013 - 06:31 AM.

Microsoft seems to be slowly shutting down all their GFWL services, with the marketplace going down next week. You guys think Rockstar is going to give us one last patch to remove GFWL integration? I know it's a slim chance they will, but if they do we might get some bug fixes as well. cool.gif

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

XLiveLess does everything you need + gives you an easy way to install Simple Native Trainer.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:55 PM Edited by nkjellman, 17 August 2013 - 11:57 PM.

QUOTE (Deadly Target @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 06:26)
Microsoft seems to be slowly shutting down all their GFWL services, with the marketplace going down next week. You guys think Rockstar is going to give us one last patch to remove GFWL integration? I know it's a slim chance they will, but if they do we might get some bug fixes as well.  cool.gif

Liveless doesn't give me Multiplayer, plus my Games For Windows Live DLC. However, I hope the guys who made liveless will update it with a crack so it can use the GFWL TLAD and TBOGT files with out being on GFWL. But I have a feeling that GFWL won't 100% go away. It is tied with Xbox Live.

Anyways, I submitted a support ticket to Rockstar asking them about it. I linked them to this topic so they see the bugs that were created when they ported to PC. Social Club will be handy dandy for moving your stuff over from Games For Windows Live to Steam.

Here is the best case scenario for GTA IV and EFLC on PC.
Patch GTA IV 1.0.8.0/GTA EFLC 1.1.3.0
Online Service changes
-GFWL no longer supported
-GTA IV/EFLC achievements moved onto Steam.
-Multiplayer servers moved onto Steam.
-Those who purchased the retail version of IV/EFLC will use their product key that came with the game and then they will get a code to get the game on Steam.
-TLAD and TBOGT DLC available on Steam. If you bought them on GFWL, it can transfer to Steam.
-Save Games will be moved over to Steam.
-Achievement Progress will be moved over to Steam.
-Online multiplayer progress will be moved over to Steam.
(Stuff that is tied to GFWL such as DLC, Saves, Achievements, Multiplayer Progress, etc is transfered to your Steam Account via Social Club/Email. GFWL account and Steam account linked to your Email address via Social Club)

Hopefully some game updates to improve the game.
-Option to choose the old shader system, or the new shader system in the Launcher.
-All the bug fixes that are in this mod/things I'd like to fix, like an actual reflection fix, Z-fighting, etc.

If this all happens, it would be awesome. If Rockstar took care of GTA IV and EFLC so they could become GFWL independent, they possibly would get more GTA V PC sales.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 01:55)
-Option to choose the old shader system, or the new shader system in the Launcher.

How naive. Why would they include that?

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

I'm going to be honest, I doubt they'll reply. Rockstar seems to have completely left GTA IV in the dust.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 00:02)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 01:55)

How naive. Why would they include that?

Because some people get better performance on the old shader system. There are some games that have a DirectX 9 mode and a DirectX 10/11 mode.

Some stuff in that list I bet they won't include but it would be nice if they did include it.

The GFWL service going away means Rockstar has an opportunity to patch things up.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:34 AM

If GFWL does shut down, wouldn't the game become unplayable? Or is that just the multiplayer component? I think Rockstar would be forced to release a quick patch if they wanted to continue selling the game.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:38 AM

It's only the marketplace that is getting shutdown. That's why games like Bioshock and Batman are moving to Steam so the DLC can still sell, but instead of the DLC - the whole game is moving since it's just easier that way.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:51 AM Edited by Deadly Target, 18 August 2013 - 01:57 AM.

The marketplace shutdown shows they are no longer interested in maintaining the service though. They might keep GFWL running for another year or so, but I can't see them keeping it up for much longer than that. They just don't care about it anymore.

I'm hoping Rockstar moves GTA IV & EFLC over to their updated social club service, like L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3.

The Clansman
  • The Clansman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

Hey nkjellman, don't know if you are still working on this or not, but I found something that might help

It's about the brushes bug that I mentioned earlier. I've recently installed patch 4, and the "line shadows" on brushes don't appear

user posted image

Sorry for the silly question, but there is a specific file that controls the shadows? Is so, this file can be "ported" to pacth 7?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:24 AM

I will look into this. I think I may know how to fix it.

I wonder if patch 6 had it because they said there was a bug with the leaves on it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users