Photo

[BETA|IV|EFLC] Graphical Bug Fixes

205 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:10 AM Edited by nkjellman, 3 days ago.

GTA IV&EFLC Graphics Fix Beta 1.2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This tweak will fix many graphical errors that are in GTA IV and EFLC.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD

If your installing on EFLC, I recommend installing my other mod AFTER installing Graphics Fix. The DLC map updates overrided many of the 512x512 PC textures with their 256x256 counterpart. EFLC PC Quality Textures will replace many textures with higher resolution versions of them. This way you will have more consistent textures that match in quality, and EFLC will have as good of quality textures as GTA IV does.
Link to EFLC PC Quality Textures: http://gtaforums.com...texture-update/

INFORMATION

Supported Patches:
-Grand Theft Auto IV 1.0.7.0/1.0.8.0
-Grand Theft Auto Episodes From Liberty City 1.1.2.0/1.1.3.0

CHANGE LOG
Beta 1.2 (Current)
-Missing Bahama Mamas water damage texture fixed
-Added Console Loading Screens, as an add on for GTA IV. (Both start up loading screens, and in game loading screens for switching from an episode to GTA IV.)
Beta 1.1
-Added the option to choose to install ENB Series as an add on.
-Added FXAA as an add on.
-Added the console timecyc's and visual settings extracted from the Xbox 360 version as an add on. (DLC Version of TLAD not supported.)
-Updated the trees in ENB Series. Now they won't look bad, or as I like to say, like a painting. They do look better than the original in my oppinion as they got more detailed shadows.

Beta 1.0
-Patch 1.0.0.4 version of gta_emensivestrong.fxc shader. (Fixes Rotterdam Tower Lights, Maisonette 9 bar lights, and possibly other bugged lights, from the old file, I may of not discovered.)
-Traffic Lights now use gta_default.fxc instead of gta_emensivestrong.fxc for Red, Yellow, and Green lights. The gta_emensivestrong shader from 1.0.0.4 made them not render properly, and that is now fixed.
-Grainy trees, fences, rails, etc are now smooth like on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, using the Smoother Trees, Fences, Rails stipple.wtd mod by DexX
-Vehicle Reflections showing polygons and dull trees fixed using the d3d9.dll from ENB Series/ICEnhancer (Don't worry, there is no red sky bug, or any other changes made by this.)
-Rain effect files from EFLC are included for better rain splash effects. Before this was barely visible on GTA IV.
-The lights on the cars in The Ballad of Gay Tony are now fixed. (With no camera bugs, and no stoppie/wheelie bike physics bugs.)

Planned for future builds: (Some things may not be possible and may not be able to be done.)
-Fix the vegetation lighting, so the shadows don't form that "horizontal line"
-Remake the vehicle lights fix for TBoGT when GIMS supports oft import and export. It will fix bugs caused by zmodeler, like the wheel normals.
-Fix the panels in front of the head lights on the APC so the light shows through properly. Remaking it in GIMS when oft is added is most likely what will fix this.
-Hopefully add vehicle shadows in tunnels and interiors. (I think it may of been removed by Rockstar because they may of caused bugs when they added shadow density/night shadows.)
-Fix Z-Fighting, typically visible around shorelines when flying high in a heli. (It does reduce if you cycle through the cameras well in a heli. It goes back to normal once you exit so you got to do it every time.)
-Add abundant occlusion as an add on.
-Figure out the situation with the water bugs. (I don't have them, so I'm gonna need help on this one.)
-Add two options that are missing from the cell phone in GTA IV if it doesn't mess up saves. The SIX AXIS Tutorial, and the Multiplayer Tutorial. (As a bonus.)
-Add the noise effect option to GTA IV and TBoGT. (As a bonus.)
-Add the PS3 controller, buttons, and cell phone buttons as an add on for those who use a PS3 controller with a PS3 controller emulator.

Screens
klw7.png

xz02.png

omoa.png

4np.png

iwwq.png

Credits/Special Thanks: (Most of this stuff wouldn't be possible with out these guys.)
QUOTE -Blaster_nl: For all his help at assisting me with the Bahama Mamas fix.
-Boris, and ICEGlace: For ENB Series/ICEnhancer d3d9.dll so this could have better looking trees, and fixed vehicle reflections.
-DexX: For the smooth stipple.wtd to fix that awfull grainy effect Rockstar made on the PC version.
-d875j: For helping me improve the trees in ENB Series, and his modified version of FXAA.
-Good_NTS: Idea to fix the lights and the camera in TBoGT. Idea also lead me to the idea for fixing the traffic lights with the old gta_emensivestrong shader.
-Jur1zz, and smokey8808 for the original light fixes

NOTE: I'll get the screens and the mod files on GTAGarage soon. My screen shot won't submit, and I need more space for upload. For now links and screens are on mediafire and imageshack.
8/14/2013: They haven't replied. It looks like this will have to be hosted by 3rd party.
  • Luna Lovegood, Blackbird88, Duxfever and 10 others like this

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:51 AM

Finaly you made it cookie.gif cookie.gif icon14.gif
I hope there is no bugs.
  • Sweet Bellic likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE (T-ru @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 04:51)
Finaly you made it cookie.gif cookie.gif icon14.gif
I hope there is no bugs.

Just the panel in front of the APC head lights, where the light source doesn't show through (in which case, it was much worse before). I'll have to look into this one for the next beta, as well as the textures on Bahama Mamas. I think Wass was working on that.

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:19 AM

I try it and yes everything is ok colgate.gif
Only one note: Orange and green traffic lights are too pale, the red one is good smile.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE (T-ru @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 06:19)
I try it and yes everything is ok colgate.gif
Only one note: Orange and green traffic lights are too pale, the red one is good smile.gif

They don't on my game. They do look pale if the weather is foggy/cloudy/rainy, but same goes for the regular lights.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:37 AM Edited by Deadly Target, 31 July 2013 - 09:01 AM.

Good work! icon14.gif I'm going to give this a try next time I play EFLC.

What's great about this is it doesn't completely destroy Rockstar's intended atmosphere for GTA IV, it simply improves upon it. I'd love to see more simple enhancement mods like this, and less crazy photorealistic iCEnhancer configs that just end up making the game look worse.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland
  • Helpfulness Award [Chain Game]

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:38 AM Edited by MrMateczko, 31 July 2013 - 10:40 AM.

Wow, I didn't noticed there were that many bugs. I only noticed the ugly grainy trees, that looks uglier than in III/VC/SA!
It's nice that all the files in this mod don't collide with t-ru's Amazing Performance and Graphics V. 3.2 HOTFIX2. No FPS drops, fully playable! Here's some screenshots with it:
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 06:10)
-Good_NTS: Idea to fix the lights and the camera in TBoGT. Idea also lead me to the idea for fixing the traffic lights with the old gta_emensivestrong shader.

I'm interested, how did you fixed that crappy bug?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:59 PM Edited by nkjellman, 31 July 2013 - 06:12 PM.

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 10:58)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 06:10)

I'm interested, how did you fixed that crappy bug?

Good_NTS told me how. I export both the vehicle fix models, and the bugged vehicles to oft, then copy the shader info from the fixed oft to the normal one in note pad. I had to play around with a few of them, specifically the APC.

Edit: Safe to say, you kinda can call this Patch 1.0.8.0/1.1.3.0. The mod will work with other graphical mods for patch 7 and EFLC.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:34 PM Edited by cp1dell, 31 July 2013 - 06:41 PM.

This is cool. Kind of makes me wonder what other mods I may be missing out on that fix things.

Nice job.

EDIT: The only thing I'm not a fan of are the extra effects that the ENB files add, like reflective leaves. It just looks weird.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Lighting, shadows, reflections, etc; were really good.

But after this mod, the trees... they're awful

user posted image

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (KawakSallas @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 18:43)
Lighting, shadows, reflections, etc; were really good.

But after this mod, the trees... they're awful

user posted image

They are ENB trees. Delete d3d9.dll. I'll try to make them better in the next build.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

That'll disable the fixed reflections though. sad.gif

Braindawg
  • Braindawg

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

Can you upload it to Sendspace? Mediafire seems to give me lots of trouble with direct links. The site itself works, but the links don't. Really weird.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:39 PM Edited by nkjellman, 31 July 2013 - 07:44 PM.

For those who don't like the trees.
Replace in enbseries.ini, and iceconfig.ini.
CODE
[TREE]
LeavesReflectionAmount=0.0
LeavesSpecularPower=1
LeavesAmbientAmount=0.75
LeavesColorMultiplier=1
LeavesColorPow=1.0
LeavesColorFilterR=1
LeavesColorFilterG=1
LeavesColorFilterB=1

This will be in the next release. That is unless you think I should tweak it more. It looks much better. How do you guys think it compares to the old trees in this mod, and the default trees?

In my opinion, it looks like across the PC trees and the console trees. Brighter like console, but more detailed like on PC.

Sendspace link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/nxw8cz

Braindawg
  • Braindawg

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

Much obliged! Good mod, brother!

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

Tree config tweaked by d875j.
CODE
[TREE]
LeavesReflectionAmount=0.0
LeavesSpecularPower=0.0
LeavesAmbientAmount=0.75
LeavesColorMultiplier=1
LeavesColorPow=1.0
LeavesColorFilterR=1
LeavesColorFilterG=1
LeavesColorFilterB=1

Both are good. I kinda like this one a little better. You guys vote.

Edit: Thanks for the comments guys. I agree that the old trees needed some work.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:02 PM Edited by GTARandom, 31 July 2013 - 08:09 PM.

And you didn't work on night shadows for cars (booth tunnel) ?? I think its a sort of big oversight.

Look at these:

GTA IV PS3 / PC 1.0.4.0 and lower

user posted image

GTA IV PC 1.0.7.0 latest version (MAXed settings)

user posted image

Also, water on 1.0.7.0 has a big issue, where it turns into jelo.. really annoying. It's fixed by just changing any setting and applying(you can leave it same, but as long as you apply water texture appears)

As for cars, since they actually reflect in water, why not make them reflect on roads during rain too?? Source got to be among those sources close by.
  • Jestic likes this

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:04 PM Edited by KawakSallas, 31 July 2013 - 08:07 PM.

Trees looking good now

But I was trying to use the anti aliasing feature on the ini files, and I'm getting this

user posted image

This outlined menu occupy my whole screen and I can't set my resolution back to normal.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

Yeah ENB doesn't do MSAA, FXAA or any of that. It upscales the game and resizes it to fit your window - giving you a sharper image. The downside is that it f*cks up 2D images like the HUD or menu.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

@GTARandom: That's another thing I'd like to do. To fix, cars need to have night shadows too.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 17:58)
Yeah ENB doesn't do MSAA, FXAA or any of that. It upscales the game and resizes it to fit your window - giving you a sharper image. The downside is that it f*cks up 2D images like the HUD or menu.

I see. And there's no fix for this?

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland
  • Helpfulness Award [Chain Game]

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Good work with the tree fix!:
user posted image
QUOTE (KawakSallas @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 23:18)
QUOTE (cp1dell @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 17:58)

I see. And there's no fix for this?

Use SweetFX, it has SMAA and FXAA.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

Like you said in OP, that's not your mod, but I don't like the new tress, the original ones are much better imo.

Is possible to edit the stipple.wtd file to leave the trees alone and mod only the fences and rails?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:36 PM Edited by nkjellman, 31 July 2013 - 10:41 PM.

QUOTE (KawakSallas @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 22:03)
Like you said in OP, that's not your mod, but I don't like the new tress, the original ones are much better imo.

Is possible to edit the stipple.wtd file to leave the trees alone and mod only the fences and rails?

No. The stipple isn't making the trees look like that, it's enb. Stipple change is only visible up close.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 20:02)
Also, water on 1.0.7.0 has a big issue, where it turns into jelo.. really annoying. It's fixed by just changing any setting and applying(you can leave it same, but as long as you apply water texture appears)

You can fix this by replacing your watertex shader with this. It seems to only happen on radeon cards.

Credit goes to Marcin6: http://www.gtaforums...pic=447305&st=0

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:43 PM

Actually, the stipples make a big difference on trees, even without enb files at all.

But that's fine, I'll be using the mod without the stipples.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:02 AM

Does anyone know which shader controls Shadow Density/Night Shadows?

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:31 AM

Ins't the timecyc?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (KawakSallas @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 01:31)
Ins't the timecyc?

IDK. I want to edit the night shadows to fix the following bugs.

1. Give vehicles night shadows so shadows work in the booth tunnel. Peds and props have shadows in the booth tunnel, but vehicles don't.
2. Fix night shadows making some small tunnels look pitch black.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users