Photo

parental issues

4 replies to this topic
swainy101
  • swainy101

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

I am 12 years old more mature than most, I am literally obsessed with this game.But the only problem is my parents are having issues with the sexual and nude content in it, please reply with ways to get around it. confused.gif

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (swainy101 @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 21:28)
I am 12 years old more mature than most, I am literally obsessed with this game.But the only problem is my parents are having issues with the sexual and nude content in it, please reply with ways to get around it.  confused.gif

Sex is real, why are they trying to hide it away from you? It's natural, everyone (almost) performs sexual activities at least once in their life. They got to understand that the game has only one cut-scene containing nudity, I'm talking about Thomas Stubbs' dick. I'm pretty sure you have a dick, and if you're not overweight, I'm pretty sure that you've seen it. So what hide something away from you if you have already seen it, and if it's natural. And there is also a cutscene where Niko (and Luis) and their sexual partner is moaning (because they're having sex). That cutscene isn't important at all, so just skip it.

There is also the option of lying, you can tell them that the game contains not nudity, or sexual cut-scenes. If you're mature enough to not get negatively affected, why not lie?

Sorry for my English btw, it's pretty bad but I hope you understood what I meant.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

Make sure you show them the Tlad cutscenes icon14.gif

Sheldrake
  • Sheldrake

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

I started playing Vice City when I was your age. My parents actually bought me the game, but later realized the content and took it away from me. I turned 17 last year, and therefore was "allowed" to play GTA games without my parents getting all pissed off. Even so, I bought GTA IV and EFLC on Steam a couple years ago, but kept that quiet from them.

Your parents will want what they think is best for you, and as a kid (yeah, you're 12 but still in many ways a kid) you pretty much have no choice but to go along with their madness. If you can do what I did and purchase the games in secret, go for it...but they'll probably be a bit annoyed at you going behind their backs.

Another possible option is to talk to them and say something along the lines of "I know that this game looks really violent and mature, but I know all that stuff is fake. It's just a video game, not real life. I could ramp a car off of a bridge in Grand Theft Auto and walk away without consequence, but I know that isn't how things work in the real world". Prove to them that you're mature enough to know the difference between fantasy and reality, and that what is acceptable in the game may not be acceptable IRL...maybe that will help change their tune.

In any case, go outside every now and then! You're 12, enjoy it! tounge.gif

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (swainy101 @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 21:28)
I am 12 years old more mature than most, I am literally obsessed with this game.But the only problem is my parents are having issues with the sexual and nude content in it, please reply with ways to get around it. confused.gif

There is no nudity in GTA 4. In the DLCs, yes, but that's not what this section is about. All other sexual content is up to the player to do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users