» «
Photo

RUSSIAN GTA Advance

12 replies to this topic
siim2200
  • siim2200

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:57 PM Edited by siim2200, 30 July 2013 - 09:04 PM.

So I was recently looking around local internet videogame shops for gta loot and I stumbled upon a copy of GTA advance. The description said "Language: Russian" (in my local language ofc) and not much more. The image was the standard cover for Advance. I googled for russian versions of this game and came up with nothing, so I guessed it was just a regular cart with the package translated (Our population is like 20% russian so it wouldn't be that strange) so I ordered it. I've never seen a gba game in my country so I really wanted this for my DS lite which's gba slot I've never used. So I order the game and I get a call a day later from a guy at the store who said that the game had been tested 3 years ago and the battery was found to be empty. I told them to send it anyways because I knew an empty battery just meant you can't save. Another day later I get the package and it contained the game along with 4 other gba games I didnt order ( guess theyve had these for a long time and im the first to own something that has a gba slot that they have had buy something). All of the packages were completely in russian with a pic of CRASH Bandicoot at the back. I tried the GTA game and it failed to work, even after several tires. I got it to show in the ds menu a few times, but opening it would just cause a white or purple screen. The other games worked fine (they were all barbie or bratz games, I only launched them) and the menus were all completely in russian, so I guess Advance would have been completely russian aswell (although screenshots are in english, prolly just lazy). I decided to return the games but before I do I wanted to write documentation of this copy along with pictures.

http://imageshack.us/g/853/h2ah.jpg/

If you read this all, thanks.

TL;DR - Found russian version of Advance, didn't work, no previous documentation so here's pics.

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Not your scooter brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

DEFINITELY pirated. I recognize art of Lance Vance who certainly never appeared in Advance, Crash Bandicoot on the back, DS compatibility listed, a clear cartridge with a phillips head screw, no Nintendo seal ANYWHERE and the box itself is COMPLETELY different from any GBA game I've ever seen.

siim2200
  • siim2200

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:46 AM

The cartridge has a tri wing, it might not show up well in the pic tho. Also, the original DS and DS Lite were compatible with gba games. But yeah most likely its pirated. I'll send it back tomorrow if they'll take it, prolly just want to get the off their hands as they gave me 4 other games for free so they might just pay me and let me keep em. Dunno what I'd do with it though...

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE (siim2200 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 11:16)
The cartridge has a tri wing, it might not show up well in the pic tho. Also, the original DS and DS Lite were compatible with gba games. But yeah most likely its pirated. I'll send it back tomorrow if they'll take it, prolly just want to get the off their hands as they gave me 4 other games for free so they might just pay me and let me keep em. Dunno what I'd do with it though...

Where did you get it from?

siim2200
  • siim2200

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 06:08)
Where did you get it from?

As I said in the text, a random local game store that had a website that I ordered it from.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

Well its weird how every character on that box art image is from Vice City... but then again the images on the back are not... very strange confused.gif

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:42 AM

Its not strange. some gaming stores in certain countries do sell pirated games, and they mostly never work.

KOSMOS-XR
  • KOSMOS-XR

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:50 AM Edited by KOSMOS-XR, 03 August 2013 - 07:58 AM.

I'm from Russia and it's pirate copy. 100%
"Супер Кража Авто" - "Super Auto Theft" - name of game on the box from Russian to English.
There is also "Made in Russia" - we have no Nin factory in our counrty.
And "Коллекционное издание" - "Collector's Edition" - GTA Advance have no collector's edition.
"Русская версия" - "Russian Version" - officially there is no russian language in the game.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (Majestic81 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 02:42)
Its not strange. some gaming stores in certain countries do sell pirated games, and they mostly never work.

I know, viddy_pirate.gif but I think it is strange how the box art consists of two different games.

winme05
  • winme05

Ignore username. It's ATOS Productions.

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Majestic81 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 01:42)

In Latvia, we often get P.O.S. Russian translations of the games containing a trojan horse biggrin.gif Even The Pirate Bay is less risky than gaming stores here biggrin.gif

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (winme05 @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 08:08)
QUOTE (Majestic81 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 01:42)

In Latvia, we often get P.O.S. Russian translations of the games containing a trojan horse biggrin.gif Even The Pirate Bay is less risky than gaming stores here biggrin.gif

Yeah, I'm a member of a Russian forum and the people there are happy to look for stuff you request. Don't ask me why I'm a member I can't even speak/read the language.

sunnysn
  • sunnysn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

If we are children, we can stay in the time of the place, sit together while listening to stories that never grow old while slowly Haoshou I forgot what day of the month in which the wall where I carved a faces a sad smile, staring at my face after those engraved in the back will not be as concrete floor love the flowers out of the immemorial no Runescape Gold wind in the forest. not every endeavor will be fruitful, however, every harvest must strive, it is an unfair proposition irreversible. When you really love something when you will find language how vulnerable and powerless. Text and feel forever estrangement. Forgetting that we should not change the fate of everything is not aligned like all the drawings back to the former than in the past extended little by little so slowly stagger to perhaps stagger the things we really should be forgotten. What happy? Is to cover up their grief for everyone smile.

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Actually, I once ordered a gameboy game from a japanese site without thinking because I wanted to mess around with it. It was a japanese copy of The Sims Bustin Out. Or so I though...

It arrived and what was it? The gameboy box had photos of The Sims 2 on it, and the cart had a photo of a character from The Urbz.

I inserted the cart into my GBA and it was not the sims bustin out. It simply booted up, showed the game logo, then black screen. It was clearly fake. 

It was all sales final too so I lost out on $10.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users