216 replies to this topic
Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO
  • Best Contributor [Vehicles] 2012

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:07 PM

Hummer 24 bolts, Military 37" MT/R's, spacers (if needed), and some big f*cking bumpers (maybe with a winch in the front one), and some lights would have it looking the part. 

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:42 PM Edited by gtamann123, 14 May 2014 - 07:42 PM.

Everyone says ditch the H2, but I say keep it. It may be a dressed-up Tahoe and not have any military heritage, but it's a very unique car. They won't be made again and it's much more original than a boring Range Rover (it's hard to believe Ranges are so expensive considering how many you see around). When a new Range Rover comes out yours will just look dated, but nothing is ever going to supersede a Hummer.

Also the widely available GM parts bin should keep it healthy on the road for many years to come.

I imagine the seating position is pretty amazing too.

The H2 is not a dressed up Tahoe. You are probably thinking of the Escalade. 

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2015
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2014

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:52 PM

Ah my bad, I must have got mixed up with the H3 (which is based on Chevy Colorado).

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:34 AM

Everyone says ditch the H2, but I say keep it. It may be a dressed-up Tahoe and not have any military heritage, but it's a very unique car. They won't be made again and it's much more original than a boring Range Rover (it's hard to believe Ranges are so expensive considering how many you see around). When a new Range Rover comes out yours will just look dated, but nothing is ever going to supersede a Hummer.

Also the widely available GM parts bin should keep it healthy on the road for many years to come.

I completely agree with you on this, I wouldn't think of getting rid of the H2 for a run-of-the-mill 4Runner or Range Rover. I have enough luxury cars already (7, S, A8, Benters) which sort of negates the need for a top of the line Range Rover. I know a lot of you guys don't see what I see in the H2 but it's very simple. Everyone wants what they can't have, thats why you see people in Europe with Tahoes or Town Cars or some malaise era American landbarge (Illousion, I'm looking at you) and in the US people getting their knickers in a twist over some small European or JDM econobox that wasn't imported. Same thing applies on this side of the world too.

To keep my H2 alive I'll probably be sourcing parts off of gmpartsdirect.com as they seem to have a comprehensive catalog of parts for the vehicle but I'm still looking for companies willing to ship aftermarket parts to Taiwan as the Magnaflow dealer I spoke to about the exhaust won't ship direct to me and insists that I have it shipped to a friends address in the US and having them redirect it on to me, which is a real bitch. 

• gtamann123 likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:38 AM

Yeah that's true especially when considering your geographic area. In the US Hummers aren't considered high class at all and people that drive them get laughed at more often than not.But I can see how in Asia they would be unique and stand out.  

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:18 AM

No of course not. I've spent enough time in the States to know what people think of the Hummer over there. It is an extremely unique vehicle over here though and draws as much attention as an Italian exotic on the streets.
  • gtamann123 likes this

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:16 AM

The H2 is not a dressed up Tahoe. You are probably thinking of the Escalade. 

It certainly is. The front portion of the frame is taken directly from the Tahoe. And the rear from the Suburban. They're all the same basic platform though (GMT800 derived).  

• epoxi and *MURDOC* like this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:36 AM

Interesting. I never knew that because the Hummer looks nothing like the Tahoe and Suburban. But by "Dressed Up" I usually think of a situation like the Escalade. Where two virtually identical shells enters the factory and one gets all the standard features and one leaves with high end luxury features and a Cadillac badge on the front. 

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:13 AM Edited by *MURDOC*, 15 May 2014 - 09:13 AM.

No, that's more of a "badge-engineering" thing.

The H2 Vs. Tahoe-Suburban is slightly more akin to something along the lines of:

The R170 SLK http://en.wikipedia....cedes-Benz_R170

Vs.

The Chrysler Crossfire http://en.wikipedia....ysler_Crossfire

As opposed to:

The Pontiac Solstice http://en.wikipedia....ontiac_Solstice

Vs.

The Saturn Sky http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Saturn_Sky

The Saturn and the Pontiac are pretty much the same exact vehicle, save for some body panels,

• Outcast likes this

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

Sound quality from my gopro is a bit sh*tty but here you go, enjoy!

• El Diablo, Pavlov, Azazel and 4 others like this

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Car
    Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:15 PM

Not sure how I missed this thread. Just read through it all - may have spammed you with likes. :p

Love what you've done with the 911! Hell, just the fact that you have actually done something with it, is comforting. Stock is for fools. :)

• Outcast likes this

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:23 PM

Sound quality from my gopro is a bit sh*tty but here you go, enjoy!

love!

• Outcast likes this

PerfectBlade
  • PerfectBlade

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

Take care of your car.  :santa:

I really like Porche's..only if i had money to buy one xD.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:21 PM

Heres a gopro vid of a drive i did at night. It's mostly wind noise but perhaps some of you will enjoy it. 

• El Diablo, epoxi, mr quick and 2 others like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

sounds great.

looks slick.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2015
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2014

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:06 PM Edited by epoxi, 05 July 2014 - 09:06 PM.

Very nice video. Does the Go-Pro have a mic-in port? If it does you could stick a mic at the back where there is the exhaust and no wind while the camera is on the side.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

I think there is, at least I seem to remember seeing a mic attached to someones gopro at some point. It is definitely the next accessory I get for my gopro though as I have pretty much all the mounts I need at the moment. 

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:13 AM

Haha did you just get the gopro? I can't wait for you to catch the "i must record everything!" bug lol.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:53 AM

When I did my exhaust vid, I strapped the gopro to my fuel door. My friend suggested doing it any closer to the exhaust would make it not record the sound too well. Though mine is probably a lot louder than yours. 

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:25 PM

Nah I got my GoPro awhile ago, I just don't use it very much

Affalterbach
  • Affalterbach

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:02 AM

Awesome car man ;).
  • Outcast likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:43 AM

Both of those videos were really cool. 

• Outcast likes this

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:28 AM

Thanks. There isn't really anything much for me to do with the car anymore. Just waiting on GIAC to call back once the ECU software is ready to be loaded. I'll probably start casually looking into aerodynamic mods (front lip and rear spoiler) to get a bit more downforce as I can feel the car wiggle a bit at speed. 

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

Yeah maybe a good side skirt to go with the lip as well. 

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

Thanks. There isn't really anything much for me to do with the car anymore. Just waiting on GIAC to call back once the ECU software is ready to be loaded. I'll probably start casually looking into aerodynamic mods (front lip and rear spoiler) to get a bit more downforce as I can feel the car wiggle a bit at speed. 

Hah, i remember when i was talking to Patrick Long in D.C. about how the GT3-RSR does the happy dance in the rear under braking in rfactor and if it the car does the same in real-life and he preferred the term wigglesworth

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:50 PM

When you do get that spoiler remember to go for the Ducktail and not the wing. 

Android
  • Android

Oreo

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:00 PM

That's a sweet ride. I love the black rims on it.

I think the ducktail spoiler would look amazing on your car.

• Outcast likes this

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:23 AM

Alright so I finally got the GIAC ECU remap done today. There is a notable difference in low end power and I'm quite happy with the result. 

I'm getting some creaking in the front coilovers when turning at low speeds and I'm having that remedied on Monday, and while it's on the lift I'm also changing out the spark plugs because it's about time and might as well do it since it's gonna be in the shop anyway. Once that's done I won't have much left to do on the car except for the aero bits but it isn't really a priority so don't expect to see the ducktail and front lip anytime soon. I do plan on getting some spacers to push the wheels out a bit more though to make it look more squat, but other than that no more big changes are planned. 

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:49 PM

I do plan on getting some spacers to push the wheels out a bit more though to make it look more squat, but other than that no more big changes are planned. 

What the f*ck is the point in doing high dollar custom Works when you're just going to do spacers? Why didn't you just get them in the correct offset to begin with?

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

They are, I'm just curious as to how it might look with spacers on 'em

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users