Quantcast

» «
Photo

How the hell do people go to jail for rape?

90 replies to this topic
Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

lol @ at all the armchair internet psychologists telling OP to seek help and counselling. Get a grip on reality, you fiends.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

oh and as for the dunce that said there is no reason for a woman to lie about being raped and if you say there is then you are a woman hating misogynist, hahaha, you too need to get a grip on reality and realise women aren't as precious as you think they are. And stop watching Oprah.

attacking a non-generalizing statement with a stupid generalizing counter-argument? I thought the male wannabe feminists of the 21st century were more mature than that!

MikeWh
  • MikeWh

Bender

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

There are signs that somebody has been raped: bruising consisted with resistance, defensive wounds, as well as cameras and suchlike.

It's not totally infallible mind

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Peeling potatoes like a pro

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

So who's the lucky girl, OP?

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • Seychelles

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 05:36)
I apologise if this sounds ignorant or you feel, it was not my intention. I need to ask how do criminals get caught for rape. I mean if I said that I had consensual sex and no witnesses(usually that happens) then what is going to happen. Because rape kits don't prove you were raped they just show if you had sexual intercourse with the person. Do criminals just admit they are guilty? Can somebody post links to show me?

Usually the woman who gets raped doesn't want to have sex with the criminal/isn't excited, which means that her genitalia won't be lubrificated enough to withstand the other's "attack". Something that almost always leads to causing wounds and other injuries in the victim's genitalia, which doesn't happen very often when the sex is consensual.

ThunderSt0rm
  • ThunderSt0rm

(CDC ftw)Do you think we could play another game?

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 22:29)
So who's the lucky girl, OP?

I bet it's Miley Cyrus. He's going to rape her and ask for ransom of 1 billion $, it's all part of his plan!

Lazzo
  • Lazzo

with, without.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:13 PM Edited by Lazzo, 30 July 2013 - 11:16 PM.

QUOTE (Dale Nixon @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 15:56)
lol @ at all the armchair internet psychologists telling OP to seek help and counselling. Get a grip on reality, you fiends.

No one is pathologizing him.

QUOTE (Dale Nixon @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 16:00)
oh and as for the dunce that said there is no reason for a woman to lie about being raped and if you say there is then you are a woman hating misogynist, hahaha, you too need to get a grip on reality and realise women aren't as precious as you think they are. And stop watching Oprah.

attacking a non-generalizing statement with a stupid generalizing counter-argument? I thought the male wannabe feminists of the 21st century were more mature than that!

I never said women. I used the gender neutral word "person." Try to be discerning when trying to present an argument that attacks the the poster. It will help with the attempt at trying to sound intelligent.

In addition to this, I'm not saying that there's no room for people that abuse the system. There are people who do.

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

Rape is not something that is consensual and there is often a struggle between the rapist and the person being raped, this struggle can lead to torn clothes, damage to the body and the environment in which the rape takes place. It's not as simple as looking at a person you'd like to rape and then you rape them, often a struggle like this can leave the rapist, the victim of the rape or both severely injured, as a result rape is something that is not easy to do and even if you succeed in doing it, you've more than likely left behind your fair share of evidence to prove what you've done.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (Dale Nixon @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 21:00)

user posted image

So, misogynist, is this also trolling or are you serious this time?

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 00:22)
QUOTE (Dale Nixon @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 21:00)

user posted image

So, misogynist, is this also trolling or are you serious this time?

Kid, do you even know what a misogynist is?

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 11:02)
QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 01:10)
There is plenty of circumstantial evidence that can implicate a rape suspect.  Without semen from the rape kit, the formula is usually defensive wounds on the victim/signs of struggle + witnesses + sh*tty lawyer = conviction.  That's all it really takes.  It's a shame that most rapists walk free though.  This is especially the case in the college setting where many aren't even reported.

Often times they are reported- or the woman intends to report it- but police and relatives tend to tell women that they weren't raped. "Oh you didn't struggle? That's basically consent right there, nothing we can do!"

That too. Usually it's something along the lines of , "We'll keep an eye out for him." Another problem is that many females aren't properly trained in rape defense. It should be taught in schools. It's all too often made out to be a solely martial arts approach when it's really about awareness. People can call it victim blaming all they want, but it's not like most rapes are home invasions. Rape victims are typically lured. The sooner we recognize the fact that the victim's decision-making influenced their chances of being attacked, the safer our females will be. If I ever have a daughter, I'm definitely going to teach her to the do's and don'ts....

- especially if your going to dress seductively (Fridays and Saturdays) don't go out alone
- don't accept drinks from random people
- keep an eye out for people who stare at or follow you
- reading body language
- basic counter surveillance techniques
- keep mace
- concealed carry permit
- never be the only girl

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:14 AM

them womens er' jes askin fer it.....comin'outside lukin all perty n smellin gud, hows a man spose to keep it n his trousers?

Seriously though, I'd probably be a total c*nt if I had a vagina, dudes are gross. Louis CK has a funny bit about objectively looking at the broad overview of the relationship between men and women:

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE (Lazzo @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 22:56)
QUOTE (lucid121 @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 14:15)
I am sorry if it was presented in the wrong, but there are just some things that don't translate well through text. Anyway so they use the telephone to see if the person was raped. The thing is how do they know they aren't lying. How can we trust that 23% of women don't report. Some of them could be lying or some don't even mention they have been raped. I apologise if it seems I am interagating, you don't have to reply.
@raavi You know not everybody has a strong heart as you. Would feel good knowing a man took advamtage. Knowing have to take pills for hiv everyday. Knowing that you will have to tell your lover you hiv. You've never experienced it and you speak like its not a big deal.

Once again, potential trigger warnings.

I don't think you're instigating. I just think you're, probably not with malicious intent, being misogynistic. My real question would be: why would it benefit a person to lie about being raped? Attention? Think about that argument. There's no monetary gain from a criminal investigation. There's no pride in having a nurse or doctor administer a rape kit. There's no happiness in having to go through legal proceedings (that have a cost) in order to sully the name of another person. Maybe vindictiveness? Think about that too. In the United States at least (I can only speak from my own experience and having dealt with the systems in place in the area in which I live) proof must be presented. And, as I said, rape kits provide proof. (Refer to my earlier post for an explanation.) If there's no proof, then the person incurs legal fees, a bad reputation and stigma.

In short, it makes no sense to lie about being sexually assaulted.

To use metaphor, say Johnny kills Jimmy. But no one saw Johnny kill Jimmy. How can anyone prove it? Yet, underneath Jimmy's finger nails are traces of Johnny's skin. And George saw Johnny and Jimmy leave a local restaurant together earlier in the night. And Johnny's favorite white oxford has Jimmy's blood on it. There's no weapon. Johnny's wife said that he was with her that night. Johnny said that he was with her that night as well.

There's evidence that could lead a jury or judge to the conclusion.

If the police investigate and feel they have enough to indict the suspect on the charges of said murder, they will send the evidence and testimony of witnesses to a grand jury. The grand jury will decide whether or not the case should proceed to trial.

Coming back to the main point, if a rape occurs then an investigation follows. The legal proceedings in the United States are as follows: if the state feels as though the testimonies and evidence are sufficient proof of a crime then it gets sent to the grand jury. If the grand jury agrees with the findings then it gets sent to trial. Evidence such as rape kits will further a case. I'm not sure what further explanation you need.

So are you saying that, because they have no reason to lie they won't. You will be suprised about some that do. 23% isn't very accurate since they interview people and there isn't goverment records that could back up this statement. The reason why I asked you to tell me how were they able to get that. Is because, there is no evidence to back up that claim. There some people who are raped, who don't tell a soul. Now, why would they want tell them? ''Why would it benefit a person to lie about being rape''. Well, you answered your own question, attention. Human beings need this , since they were born. Babies cry everyday, bacause they need attention from their parents. Todlers fake their crys, because they need attention. Kids/teens do wrong things, because they need attention. Adults do stupid thing, because they need attention. So there is your answer. And I am not sexist or misogynistic, you don't even know me.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

Believe me; majority of women won't sell their souls to get attention. If they falsely accuse someone, they get easily caught.

Mister Kay
  • Mister Kay

Rising from the ashes

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

Well, I am sure we all know that there are some chicks who get horny, encourage the act and then regret it later. Stay away from them, people.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 05:23)
Well, you answered your own question, attention.

Yes, because accusing someone of rape is the easiest way to get it. sigh.gif
And I am not sexist or misogynistic, you don't even know me.

We don't have to. Your posts imply you're.

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 11:38)

Thank you for agreeing with me.
http://www.mirror.co...ho-made-2041145
http://www.bbc.co.uk...surrey-23148374
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/21016808
http://www.bbc.co.uk...surrey-23148374
http://www.bbc.co.uk...y21016808.shtml
http://news.bbc.co.u...ine/7265307.stm
http://www.bbc.co.uk...surrey-11676804
http://www.foxnews.c...ed-rape-victim/
I don't really care if you think I am a misogynistic, I do know I love wom

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 19:38)

I don't really see how you can flat out call him a sexist based on a question and a couple sh*t jokes he made.

Or how everyone else calls him a rapist, sure half of you were probably joking, but someone had to be serious.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

Just asking out of curiosity, how do they prove bruises and defense wounds to be as a result of rape and not some sick sexual sadomasochist ritual?

MikeWh
  • MikeWh

Bender

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Kratos2000 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 17:15)
Just asking out of curiosity, how do they prove bruises and defense wounds to be as a result of rape and not some sick sexual sadomasochist ritual?

You can't, sadly.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (MikeWh @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 15:41)
QUOTE (Kratos2000 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 17:15)

You can't, sadly.

Sigh....

It's called trial by Jury. I said this once.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Mama Weer All Crazee Now

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:29 AM

How do you go to jail for rape?

-Bruises or cuts on the victim or suspect from a struggle
-Lie detector test on suspect
-Suspicious activity by suspect
-Suspect has previous record of sexual abuse
-Suspect has stalked or is an ex of the victim.

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:08 PM Edited by lucid121, 01 August 2013 - 02:13 PM.

QUOTE (Shenmue18 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 03:29)
How do you go to jail for rape?

-Bruises or cuts on the victim or suspect from a struggle
-Lie detector test on suspect
-Suspicious activity by suspect
-Suspect has previous record of sexual abuse
-Suspect has stalked or is an ex of the victim.

''Bruises or cuts on the victim or suspect from a struggle''
Ever heard of date rape?
''Lie detector test on suspect''
Courts don't use lie detector tests, because they are not accurate.
https://www.ncjrs.go...t.aspx?ID=60422
''Suspicious activity by suspect''
Like what?
''Suspect has previous record of sexual abuse''
Since when is criminal record used as evidence?
''Suspect has stalked or is an ex of the victim''
You are right about the stalking, but wrong about ex though. What is diffrence if the suspect is a ex or a friend. It will, if not, boost the suspect's chances. If he says, it was consentual.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Mama Weer All Crazee Now

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

Well, don't forget DNA testing. Finding semen in the victim's body will give it away instantly, if the testers find it you get a semen sample from the suspect.

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Shenmue18 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 17:30)
Well, don't forget DNA testing. Finding semen in the victim's body will give it away instantly, if the testers find it you get a semen sample from the suspect.

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Aug 1 2013, 17:08)

If he says, it was consensual.

Zotak
  • Zotak

Tom Hardy looks like me, or is it the other way?

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 08:43)
Vaginas usually get torn apart during rapes.

Pretty much this, and the fact that the victims might need a shrink for the rest of their lives. confused.gif

Oh, and how cute, gen chat is getting more moral conscious everyday, thus requiring such a sensitive and delicate discussion topic. whatsthat.gif

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE (Zotak @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 19:00)

Pretty much this, and the fact that the victims might need a shrink for the rest of their lives. confused.gif

Oh, and how cute, gen chat is getting more moral conscious everyday, thus requiring such a sensitive and delicate discussion topic. whatsthat.gif

Vagina gets torn apart, during date rape? Gen chat will never have a conscious as long as the grumpy topic lives.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 04:51)

Vagina gets torn apart, during date rape? Gen chat will never have a conscious as long as the grumpy topic lives.

Why do you think that woman wouldn't defend herself even on a date rape? If she says 'no' and guy continue with violence its the rape like other rapes.

TEoS
  • TEoS

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (acmilano @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 05:14)

Why do you think that woman wouldn't defend herself even on a date rape? If she says 'no' and guy continue with violence its the rape like other rapes.

Date Rape is usually used in regards to the incapacitating of a woman (or man) via chemical means. Whether it is roofies, alcohol, or something else, victims of date rape are generally incapable of defending themselves during the incident. Of course, it could also be used to describe acquaintance rape, and the two are not mutually exclusive.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (TEoS @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 17:56)
QUOTE (acmilano @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 05:14)

Date Rape is usually used in regards to the incapacitating of a woman (or man) via chemical means. Whether it is roofies, alcohol, or something else, victims of date rape are generally incapable of defending themselves during the incident. Of course, it could also be used to describe acquaintance rape, and the two are not mutually exclusive.

Then the Toxicology sample would be taken and if roofies is find in blood that would be evidence of foul play. Alcohol could be harder to prove,of course.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users