Photo

D3D Window

1 reply to this topic
Necrospire
  • Necrospire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

XP SP3, 3gig memory (4 gig total), Geforce 8800 GT (1 gig)

First off sorry for the long post, I can not condense the words without losing the explanation of the problem and this is really bugging me, hope someone can help.

I have GTA San Andreas installed, graphics on full and no problems, glitches or slow down. I found Xpadder and was finally able to play the game with my windows 360 pad configured like the XBox, I had always wanted to play Vice City on the PC as well and the moment I realized the Xpadder would allow me to do that I installed VC as well, that's where the problem started. Every few minutes in VC the graphics would nearly stop, then start again like a YouTube video on a slow connection, after trying everything I could with the graphics options I gave up and went back to play GTA SA and the problem was now happening in that as well, went to shut the computer down and a window popped up about a D3D window that was not responding and asking me to cancel or ignore it. As the only thing I had installed was VC and I do remember reading in the install that Direct X runtime files were installed as well I uninstalled it and restarted, cleared the registry of any trace of it and anything else I could find that was to do with the VC install and restarted the PC, loaded GTA SA and it was working fine again and has been ever since.
Has this problem been spotted before? Is there a way round it or someway to fix it? I really would like to play VC on the PC, I have it on the XBox but if GTA SA is anything to go by the game is better in all sorts of ways, SA is like a new game again with all the added graphics, speech etc.

Thanks

Necrospire

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:12 PM Edited by Spuds725, 30 July 2013 - 01:28 PM.

Movedd to troubleshooting.

I don't recall your specific problem but there are several problems/solutions in the pinned buglist thead dealing with direct x.

But kind of hard for u to try them since u uninstalled the game.

If you decide to install it again, i would first try the solutions listed there first... Reading through the entire bug list might give you some other ideas to try also.

If anyone else has some specific ideaa to try.. Please post them up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users