» «
Photo

GTA iv Crash on Startup

2 replies to this topic
Sizza147
  • Sizza147

Deadbeat

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:02 PM Edited by Sizza147, 29 July 2013 - 06:06 PM.

Hi
Randomly my game started to crash on startup - previously version 1.0.7.0
With the error

Description:
Critical runtime problem

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPLICATION CRASH
System RAM: -1
Available RAM: -1
Number of CPUs: 4
Video Card Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Video Card Description: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
Video Card Driver Version: 8.17.0010.1191
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

I've reinstalled it since then from the DVD, obviously now its version 1.0.0.0

However, same Error as above.

-1 RAM... Strikes me as being a bit odd.

PC Specs are
Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 Ghz edition
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 3.4 Ghz (stock)
8GB DDR3 2133 Mhz RAM
Windows 7 HP 64 Bit

I've played many many hours of it before on this same PC, only suddenly it stops working.
I had one mod installed, Carmageddon. No problems with it at all. Obviously, fresh install doesn't have that.

Any Ideas?

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

Have you tried running the game in Windows XP SP2/3 Compatibility mode or as administrator?
Try to install these: Games for Windows Live Update and .NET Framework 3.5. In case it doesn't work, I'd suggest you to delete the mod and the modded files, delete your game settings and re-install the game without re-installing that mod.

Lastly, you could try to install xliveless, but it'll move your save files located in My Documents and will also disable online play. However, everything can be reverted by removing the xlive.dll file.
If nothing helps, answer me these: Where do you have the game from? Are you using any cracks? Do you play with the original DVD in your Drive?

Sizza147
  • Sizza147

Deadbeat

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:56 AM Edited by Sizza147, 30 July 2013 - 01:55 PM.

QUOTE (miromiro @ Monday, Jul 29 2013, 18:13)
Have you tried running the game in Windows XP SP2/3 Compatibility mode or as administrator?
Try to install these: Games for Windows Live Update and .NET Framework 3.5. In case it doesn't work, I'd suggest you to delete the mod and the modded files, delete your game settings and re-install the game without re-installing that mod.

Lastly, you could try to install xliveless, but it'll move your save files located in My Documents and will also disable online play. However, everything can be reverted by removing the xlive.dll file.
If nothing helps, answer me these: Where do you have the game from? Are you using any cracks? Do you play with the original DVD in your Drive?

Well, firstly - The re install got rid of the mods.
I was using the "official" No-CD .exe from Securom, which worked fine.
However I was using the DVD yesterday.
Got the game from amazon, Sept 2012.
Xlive I have used previously to play my save games from my old computer, with the reinstall it wasn't there.

EDIT

Game started working this morning randomly, first try launch. Now I'm downloading the update. (With the no CD exe)

EDIT 2

Fixed itself, completely up to date, works fine with the no exe launcher. Weird.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users