Photo

Multiplayer freeroam ideas

8 replies to this topic
Boooster
  • Boooster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

Just had a thought about this and thought I'd post. I think the mode I played most in GTA IV was free roam and it had potential to be a lot of fun - it really let us use our imagination to come up with fun mini-games within the game itself that rivaled any of the other game modes. I have a few ideas which could be relatively easy to implement and would appreciate feedback.
  • Police uniforms: Scattered around in various police stations should be an cop/swat/FBI uniform that a player can wear by walking over and 'u'sing it. Upon wearing this uniform the player takes on the role of a cop, in that police will ignore them until they shoot a fellow policeman/FBI agent or pedestrian (hit and run's would happen too often so should not eliminate cop status). Obviously this would only exist in games where cops are turned on, but this could be a lot of fun to mess around with, where in a game of 3 people for example you could have 1 person be the cop immune to wanted level and the other two get 4/5 stars and have to evade normal police + the "player cop". Not sure how police AI is in GTA V, but in IV it was lacking and although it was fun to team up with friends and go on a cop rampage, adding a player controlled policeman with his army of NPC cops/goons to kill the criminals can make this a lot of fun.
  • Gang Uniforms: Similar to GTA2's multiplayer Gang Recruitment powerup, this will instantly spawn up 3-4 gang members. This could be scattered around the hideouts/headquarters of various gang territories (I don't know how many gang's will be in the game, but I'm sure it will be many). This should also change your player uniform to the gang uniform, and if another player has another gang uniform on + crew they will attack each other. Imagine a 3 person game with 3 separate players + crew of 4 gang members heading to an open area and fight until the last one is standing? How about 3 teams of 3 players of the same gang + crew (3 players + 12 gang members per team)? Now imagine the cops rolling up smile.gif
  • Kill Frenzies: Throwback to GTA 1 and 2 and a reach for implementing at this point, but they were lots of fun back in the day. Not sure how this could be done in multiplayer but could be fun!

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:37 AM

Great ideas icon14.gif

Aronius_M
  • Aronius_M

Infamous

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:07 AM

Brilliant. You deserve cookies.

Boooster
  • Boooster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

Thanks - I'm all about increasing the long term fun in sandbox games, and that's pretty much what free roam is. One of my favorite modes to play with my bro was for him to get 5 stars and drive on a bike from top to bottom of Manhattan, while I'm covering him in a annihilator. So much fun maneuvering between towers being careful not to shoot him by accident - free roam mode leaves your imagination as the limit.

I think implementing 1 & 2 above could add so much to re-playability in GTA V free mode. So unlikely this will ever reach rockstar, but can't hurt to try.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (Boooster @ Monday, Jul 29 2013, 08:49)
Thanks - I'm all about increasing the long term fun in sandbox games, and that's pretty much what free roam is. One of my favorite modes to play with my bro was for him to get 5 stars and drive on a bike from top to bottom of Manhattan, while I'm covering him in a annihilator. So much fun maneuvering between towers being careful not to shoot him by accident - free roam mode leaves your imagination as the limit.

I think implementing 1 & 2 above could add so much to re-playability in GTA V free mode. So unlikely this will ever reach rockstar, but can't hurt to try.

My friends and I played free mode for about 3 years together, so many don't realize that GTA IV's free mode had a lot to do if you used your imagination and creativity.

Boooster
  • Boooster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

I also, played for a good 1.5 years. On PC multiplayer was usually pretty dead, and I had connection issues in games bigger than 5 people, so we would mainly play together with another few friends. Free roam was by far our favorite game mode

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Monday, Jul 29 2013, 06:37)
Great ideas icon14.gif

sounds good.

Palm3
  • Palm3

I will laugh at the giant beaver!!

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (Boooster @ Monday, Jul 29 2013, 08:49)

Are you on PSN? Can I add you? biggrin.gif

Goneinfiveseconds
  • Goneinfiveseconds

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

bump

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users