Photo

The radio in emergency vehicles.

9 replies to this topic
Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:46 AM

Is this normal? I forget. I have the PS2 Trilogy version of Vice City. Actually tried two different discs (of the same version) and still the people on the radio in emergency vehicles are talking real slow, you know, like everyone's voice is real deep. Any suggestions on how to fix this, assuming it's not what's supposed to be happening?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

No clue how to fix... Any mods installed?

Moved to troubleshooting?

Have you tried to locate the audio file for it and try to play it outside the game?

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

You mean you have radio in the emergency vehicles to begin with?

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Monday, Jul 29 2013, 19:53)
No clue how to fix... Any mods installed?

Have you tried to locate the audio file for it and try to play it outside the game?

No, I haven't installed any mods or tried to locate the audio file (I don't even know how to do all that on a PS2).

And when I say "radio", I mean the CB radios (like walkie talkies) that all emergency vehicles have. I even tried starting a new game and went straight to an emergency vehicle before doing anything (in case it was something I had done, somehow, that caused it) and everyone was still talking in slow motion.

It's pretty creepy! I'm tripping on it because, like I said, it does it with both discs and the regular radio stations in all the other cars work just fine.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

So no one's even heard of this? That's just my luck, I get the only two copies of the game that does it. Or, does anyone else even have the PS2 Trilogy version of this game? Maybe a bug was added somehow when they made it, instead of taken away...

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:54 PM

Nevermind about playing that file.... Assumed u were in pc.

Very weird issue... If u have a friend with another ps2 u might want to try it on theirs (just to see if problem follows disc).. I don't. Know if u can maybe do a firmware update on ps2... Will look.... Which model ps2 do you have.. All other games ok.

If the only issue... I'd just turn radio audio all the way down when in those vehicles... All other radio stations good?

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

I have the slimine model PS2, all other games work just fine, and yeah that's what I've been doing. Just turning the music down, but it's still annoying!

In case it helps somehow, it actually started working a couple days ago but then went right back afterwards and has stayed that way. Can't remember what I was driving or where, though.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:40 AM Edited by Spuds725, 01 August 2013 - 09:46 AM.

http://community.us....n/td-p/39440439

Coincidentally... Same problem someone experienced on PSN version (played on ps3)

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

Well at least I know I'm not alone...

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

About the only things I would try-

I posted above about trying on another PS2 to see if it follows the disc.

You might also want to try removing your memory card-- restarting PS2 and start a new game without the memory card installed. And see if it still does it... this will tell us if it is a problem with your save... starting a new game with a game loaded does not completely clear out the game memory (why I would have you do it this way).

Yes this sucks that the game is not fully functional-- but there could be alot worse things then this--doing paramedic over and over again and having to listen to that audio about drove me crazy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users