Quantcast

» «
Photo

"GTA IV has stopped working" error in win7?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic
gta saaaaaa
  • gta saaaaaa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

Ok so first let me clear off that THIS IS A LEGAL GAME, I BOUGHT IT THROUGH BESTBUY.

And I've been playing this game for a while now, and everything works fine, never had this error before.(Although I think I know what caused it, I will tell you below)

Ok so before it showed this error, I was installing some skin mods. And because of some replacing problems, I wanted to delete the mods because it is not showing correctly as it should be. And it looks pretty annoying. So I decided to go to OPENIV and delete the mods I installed. But THE PROBLEMS IS, I DID NOT BACKUP THE FILES BEFORE I DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED THE MODS.) Well because I was getting really annoyed with the mods that I installed, I decided to try to delete it anyways. So I looked up in the mod file, and see which ones matches the files in the OPENIV player file, and deleted the files that had the same name, I GUESS THAT'S WHERE I MESSED IT UP. I know I shouldn't delete the files if I did not have a backup, but I didn't think it would stop the game from running. Well now I don't know what to do, PLEASE DON'T TELL ME TO REINSTALL. First it takes a lot of time to reinstall. And I have no idea how to backup the savegame data. So I'm DEFINITELY NOT GOING TO MESS UP on this one, I'm not gonna mess with it.

ANYONE THAT CAN HELP? HOW DO I FIX THIS? PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANSWERING!!!!

gta saaaaaa
  • gta saaaaaa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

So to say it shortly, I deleted some files in the playerped.rpf without having a backup file. I just deleted it( Very dumb move)
I know you are suppose to have a backup file, and replace the backup file with the mod file. But I just deleted the file..........
So can anyone help? anyone has any ideas? or can you recover the files I deleted in the playerped.rpf file? I looked in the recycle bin but it wasn't there, I didn't think it would be there anyways. VERY URGENT QUESTION, PLEASE HELP, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

The ONLY way is to re-install the game. You can find out how and from where to backup your save files here. Also, next time use an user posted image button.

gta saaaaaa
  • gta saaaaaa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (CCPD @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 23:48)
The ONLY way is to re-install the game. You can find out how and from where to backup your save files here. Also, next time use an user posted image button.

NO that's not the only way. And I ALREADY said I am not going to mess with the backup file thing. Because If I did it wrong it could lose ALL of my data and I am NOT taking that risk. NO WAY. Still thanks for the help though.

And I just did some research and I found out that there is a original playerped.rpf backup file you can download, and it replace with the one I have. But I'm not sure how to replace it, If you know how(I'm guessing not, since you always suggest reinstalling and doesn't try these stuff, no offense haha) But I just asked how to do this in the forum hope someone can help.

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:57 AM

Yes IT IS the ONLY legit and allowed on this forum way to get your original files. And I suggest re-install because it's the first step anyone should take to figure out what exactly causes the problem. It help to find out if it's the game or the system. With so many rigs and specifications it's impossible to know what exactly causes the problem in each case. Anyhow if your're looking for a file, you're in the wrong place, because file sharing is not allowed on this forum. If you have a game you can get all the files you need. That's why re-install is ALWAYS suggested.

This section is only to help people who actually have technical problems with their unmodded games. Considering you're not one of them I doubt we would be help you any further. And if you need any help replacing any files I would suggest to ask for help in modding section (see big yellow text at the top).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users