Photo

The Main Motive

9 replies to this topic
Garganda
  • Garganda

Cockslapper

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:20 AM

"Amidst the turmoil, three very different criminals plot their own chances of survival and success: Franklin, a street hustler looking for real opportunities and serious money; Michael, a professional ex-con whose retirement is a lot less rosy than he hoped it would be; and Trevor, a violent maniac driven by the chance of a cheap high and the next big score. Running out of options, the crew risks everything in a series of daring and dangerous heists that could set them up for life."

That quote was taken from Rockstar's site under the "Official Site" tab for GTA V. Pay close attention to what I have bolded. The information we are still lacking is why these three characters need to pull off a series of heists. I prefer to keep this reason unknown, but for the time-being all we can do is speculate. So I want to hear what you guys think about the reasoning behind all of these heists. Why do they need cash so bad? For the pure reason of having lots of money?

Discuss.

MasterO
  • MasterO

Nanomachines son.

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:22 AM

Michael: Boredom

Franklin: Money so he can get out of the hood

Trevor: Want of mayhem

As far as I can guess.

L0UDM0UTH
  • L0UDM0UTH

Too Handsome for this sh*t

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:25 AM

Why, the almight dollar of course...

Seriously though, Michael's wife is spending all his money, Franklin looks like he wants to make big guap and get out of the hood, and Trevor..I have no f*ckin clue.

At least, that's what I've been hearing a lot.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

Gov't crackdown on them. Cross the wrong guy, etc. Probably just the interplay between the IAA and FIB.

Nameless105
  • Nameless105

Gives No F*cks

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

Since Michael is in the Witness Protection Program, I figure the people he turned on found out where he is and is going to kill him and his family if he doesn't get them the money they was supposed to get in the job Michael got caught on. The reason Franklin is in on it is likely the money, and I think the rumors of Trevor being Michael's brother is true and he is involved to make sure he doesn't lose his brother again.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

Dude.. the want money.

Michael needs it as his own is running out. Franklin need it so he doesn't have to deal with all the ghetto bullsh*t, and Trevor needs it so he can blow it (I think he's more in for the thrill of the action than he is for the money)

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE (MasterO @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 05:22)
Michael: Boredom

Franklin: Money so he can get out of the hood

Trevor: Want of mayhem

As far as I can guess.

Micheal needs the money too. His wife is spending more than what they have.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 08:35)
Trevor needs it so he can blow it (I think he's more in for the thrill of the action than he is for the money)

user posted image

Garganda
  • Garganda

Cockslapper

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (Nameless105 @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 07:43)
Since Michael is in the Witness Protection Program, I figure the people he turned on found out where he is and is going to kill him and his family if he doesn't get them the money they was supposed to get in the job Michael got caught on. The reason Franklin is in on it is likely the money, and I think the rumors of Trevor being Michael's brother is true and he is involved to make sure he doesn't lose his brother again.

This is the kind of speculation I was looking for. Great ideas man

mike914
  • mike914

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (Nameless105 @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 07:43)

This is a really interesting thought. When you watch the Trevor trailer, he says "I'm new in town alright? I'm making friends, A LOT of friends, I mean things could get REALLY messy" The reason this supports the thought that Trevor is Michael's brother is:

1. Why would Michael be friends with someone like Trevor?

2. Why would Trevor be new in town if he hadn't had a reason to come to Los Santos? (Such as reuniting with his brother Michael who he hadn't seen since he was put into the witness protection program)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users