Photo

GTAV official website

46 replies to this topic
man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:12 AM

Of course they will update the website! Imagine telling your friend how good GTA V is and asking him to check it out. He's going to do one of two things:

1. Google it.
2. Youtube it.

Google is probably more likely (seeing as you can get videos on it anyway). The very first website he will see is the Official Website. What's better, an awesome website or a sh*tty one?

datboishad
  • datboishad

realisitic boob physics!!!

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 07:12)
Of course they will update the website! Imagine telling your friend how good GTA V is and asking him to check it out. He's going to do one of two things:

1. Google it.
2. Youtube it.

Google is probably more likely (seeing as you can get videos on it anyway). The very first website he will see is the Official Website. What's better, an awesome website or a sh*tty one?

i dont know franklin how about you tell us

user posted image

android
  • android

Something witty, something sh*tty

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

Why do you nerds care about a stupid website so much?

You want the website? Here it is
http://www.rockstargames.com/V/

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (Antagonista @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 07:50)

Because when the IV website was revealed, it had the map.

Why are you here if you view everyone on this site as a "nerd" when they discuss the game for which this forum is dedicated? Look at you, young keyboard warrior. icon14.gif

VISALI
  • VISALI

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

Guys, I guess the official site is launching on Tuesday (30th July). Rockstar usually gives us a little something before a big blowout, such as the BradyGames guide this week (similar were screenshots, boxart and Q&A in the past). We had a new Epsilon tweet on 23rd July: "Answers to important questions - screensaver updated now". Similar was tweeted before the three character trailer. In addition, remember the sentence in the Newswire post: "Directions will be provided in one week's time". The last Take-Two quarterly conference before the release will be held on 30th July, next Tuesday. Usually happens something important around these events, such as announcing the release date. At the end of multiplayer event recap, Rockstar also mentioned first GTA Online details "coming soon".

ScotchMouth
  • ScotchMouth

Single malt no ice

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (Antagonista @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 02:50)

This is sooooo edgy

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

Do we need to see the map before release? No. Do we need an interactive website? No. If you want to see the map just wait for release, it'll be more of a surprise.

gtagirl69
  • gtagirl69

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (SlavicAssasin224 @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 14:26)
If you want to see the map just wait for release, it'll be more of a surprise.

Looks like the forum is broken. A post from a year ago somehow made its way as a repost today!

... Get it?

alex3
  • alex3

\m/ o_o \m/

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (2281 @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 05:00)
QUOTE (MacJoker @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 00:49)
QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 04:40)
Rockstar already replied to a forum member via mouthoff  webite is coming soon.

People who think thats the only website are dense

Tell me why should I care about a website that its purpose is to just show us the information, trailers, and screenshots we can just view on the website already available.

I kind of agree. I mean I personally don't find a website relaunch much of a significant event. I expect it to be released along with multiplayer info by mid-August followed by the launch trailer in late-August or early September + final round of previews.

Its not just about the new website. They will update the site with new screens, videos, interactive map of LS, info on thing to do in LS , and so on..
Thats what they did when they launched the interactive IV website.

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (SlavicAssasin224 @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 13:26)
Do we need to see the map before release? No. Do we need an interactive website? No. If you want to see the map just wait for release, it'll be more of a surprise.

I can't wait to see the map, it doesn't even have to be detailed. Still, it's not so much about what we need but what Rockstar wants to do for GTAV, and they usually have a great website for these games.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

This is just more sad evidence of how disorganized R* really is. R* put 200 bucks into their marketing for V. They have faltered in this area pretty badly. You'd think that they'd want fans to have a few months exploring an interactive site. This late in the game, I just don't think that they're gonna have one. R*'s marketing is really bad. GTA V advertisements and TV commercials should be flowing like a hoochie coochie.

PreciousWall
  • PreciousWall

Wanderlust

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

"In a few weeks or so"

-Rockstar Games

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Pretty much anyone here has already pre-ordered the game so I think it is absolute nonsense to claim the marketing has thus somehow faltered or failed. It is beyond ridiculous some people expect marketing to be something constant especially months in advance. Once there are ads on TV that is more than enough marketing and yes even just one month before the release date.

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

the day bieber is straight.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

10th August

Because then only 917 hours remain until the game's release

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 03:38)
I dont think they are doing one this time

I'm starting to think this too. The advertising campaign has been successful enough so far with the current V website, Newswire and other social media.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

I'm still waiting to see what Strauss meant when he said why they were skipping E3. Holding their own promotional events throughout the summer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users