» «
Photo

Cop Intuition

8 replies to this topic
Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:22 AM Edited by Iroquois, 28 July 2013 - 02:28 AM.

Did a search..couldnt find a topic like this.

If you all remember, each GTA had its unique cop responses and reactions.

VC cops tried to make mince meat out of your car; it felt like you were in a crash derby. Wanted Levels 1- 3 were extremely easy to evade, 4 - 6 was difficult since you had cops, swat, FBI and army all at once including tanks and choppers. However 1 weird feature was at some point in the chase, there would be a long random delay in "reinforcements" showing up to find, locate and/or kill/arrest you.

SA cops were easier to get away from from 4-6 but were more aggressive (relative to VC) from 1-3. AI knowledge was improved and response was faster in terms of predicting your escape route.

Then came IV, which stunned me with the response from the cops. There were 2 additions I noticed:
- cops would try to "box" you in by lining up a cop car in front, back and from both sides to intentionally slow you down
- Intentional hardcore ramming off the road or into some immovable object

I noticed they also got rid of the full speed head-on collisional approach by the cops regardless of what speed you were moving at, angle they would smack into you or which wanted level you had.

This just makes me think...
Do you think in GTA V, the AI could be more evolved to perform intentional and precise PIT manouvres with the sole purpose to disable your cars, etc.. or basically any realisitc approach to a chase?

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:26 AM Edited by GTA564, 28 July 2013 - 02:28 AM.

yes It would be nice if it would be like this

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:27 AM

I hope so. Evading a police chase, even on one star, should not feel as exciting as doing your laundry. It should feel like a fight for your life. Like the chases in need for speed hot pursuit.

CaptainJoe
  • CaptainJoe

Still Alive

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:30 AM

Please. I was able to evade a 5 star wanted level in a Packer.

mulatto awsomeness
  • mulatto awsomeness

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:31 AM

Cool Story Bro.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (CaptainJoe @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 02:30)
Please. I was able to evade a 5 star wanted level in a Packer.

I dont think that anyone would doubt that; I'm just referring to the amount of knowledge and how sophisticated these cops get with each new GTA. We might see another major improvement and maybe even some exclusions in their methods.

CaptainJoe
  • CaptainJoe

Still Alive

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE (mulatto awsomeness @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 19:31)
Cool Story Bro.

Sorry, I probably typed that wrong. I want the police to have improved AI so something like this can't happen. It was on the Plumber's Skyway, and no police vehicles were spawning close to me. The few that did got left behind.

OriginalFlamer_
  • OriginalFlamer_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (CaptainJoe @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 21:05)
Cool Story Bro.

Sorry, I probably typed that wrong. I want the police to have improved AI so something like this can't happen. It was on the Plumber's Skyway, and no police vehicles were spawning close to me. The few that did got left behind.

Dont mind em, hes just one of the teens that raided the forums when the gameplay trailer came out and all he does is expect new info everyday here.

CaptainJoe
  • CaptainJoe

Still Alive

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE (OriginalFlamer_ @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 22:40)
QUOTE (CaptainJoe @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 21:05)
Cool Story Bro.

Dont mind em, hes just one of the teens that raided the forums when the gameplay trailer came out and all he does is expect new info everyday here.

Ok, thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users