» «
Photo

Looking Back...

39 replies to this topic
Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:22 PM Edited by Лёшенька, 28 July 2013 - 08:27 PM.

Never had this kind of thoughts.

I have never enjoyed IV, it was boring as hell and I only launched it a handful of times. The only reason I don't play GTA 3 and SA is because I know the maps too well. They are still beautiful and great games, and the graphics are just OK for me. The sunrise in the Back'o'Beyond or rain in Red Light Disctict are simply stunning.

From what I seen, PS2 colour scheme is even better than PCs, so I don't get why some console gamers complain.

bikerman3
  • bikerman3

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

the only thing about the visuals of the gta series that got to me was the lighting in gta sa in some cut scenes the I can't see the characters faces ps2 version

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:02 PM

To be honest, VC had more beautiful graphics than SA.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Darth_Starkiller @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 22:02)
To be honest, VC had more beautiful graphics than SA.

icon14.gif Agree. SA had more polygons, but SA was just beautiful to look at (also wearing shorts in SA was impossible, I honestly couldn't stand to look at those legs).

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:24 PM Edited by dewan2000, 28 July 2013 - 10:29 PM.

QUOTE (Moonwalker98 @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 07:47)
How far can graphics go now? We're gonna get an improvement from 5, but after that I don't know where it could go.

Higher Resolution textures, many current gen games still use fairly low resolution textures in their games. More open world games, with larger draw distances. Things like tessellation have barely been touched upon, mostly because its a DX11 feature. And with next gen FINALLY supporting DX11 expect to see more advances in this technology.

I think MGS5 is a good example of the direction you will see games heading in terms of visuals and such.

Don't expect "GTA 6" to look leaps and bounds better than GTA 5.

I honestly think GTA 6 will look tons better than GTA V, personally GTA V does look great but if you stop and look at it, its nothing amazing.

Things that will be far improved upon on the next GTA will be things like draw distances and LOD and textures. The LOD will be far improved and we will be able to see higher textures loaded from a further distance away. The game will be able to draw more objects on screen at a further distance, making the game feel even more alive.

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

Did you people never play Jak and Daxter and Metal Gear Solid 2&3 on your PS2's? Graphics that far excide beyond any of those old classic GTA's.

NikoBellic1993
  • NikoBellic1993

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (dewan2000 @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 22:24)
How far can graphics go now? We're gonna get an improvement from 5, but after that I don't know where it could go.

Higher Resolution textures, many current gen games still use fairly low resolution textures in their games. More open world games, with larger draw distances. Things like tessellation have barely been touched upon, mostly because its a DX11 feature. And with next gen FINALLY supporting DX11 expect to see more advances in this technology.

I think MGS5 is a good example of the direction you will see games heading in terms of visuals and such.

Don't expect "GTA 6" to look leaps and bounds better than GTA 5.

I honestly think GTA 6 will look tons better than GTA V, personally GTA V does look great but if you stop and look at it, its nothing amazing.

Things that will be far improved upon on the next GTA will be things like draw distances and LOD and textures. The LOD will be far improved and we will be able to see higher textures loaded from a further distance away. The game will be able to draw more objects on screen at a further distance, making the game feel even more alive.

He knows we're going to get an improvement after V ,he meant after next gen ,like GTA VII or whatever sequel .

Pleasure_Pier
  • Pleasure_Pier

Cult Member

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (haarp @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 19:11)
PC graphics are just way better than console

Troll, we see you.

Guilty as Sin
  • Guilty as Sin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

Some day games will look like live action films.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

I started playing GtA III but never remember playing any GTA and thinking the graphics sucked. I always thought they were awesome . Theres always gonna be issues . You cant expect old technology to work as good as new technology .
A true fan can appreciate the graphics in the older GTA games just as much as the new ones .
I still play my old Sega master system games every now then .. The Ninja , My hero , Black Belt .. The graphics are horrible by todays standards but still great to play .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users