Mission Count

42 replies to this topic
Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Change my stupid name.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

GTA V is around double the file size of GTA IV. Both audio and the map take up the most, and with more audio, that means more dialogue. I think Rockstar want to aim for the 100+ mark again.

Tonzofun
  • Tonzofun

Your friendly-neighborhood getaway driver

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:20 PM

I hope that the game's campaign will be long, 150+ missions i hope.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (ash82 @ Monday, Jul 29 2013, 11:19)
According to Wikipedia RDR only had 57 missions. It did seem a bit short when I played through it. GTA IV had around 80 or more. I'd be gutted if GTA V only has the same number of missions as RDR. I'd like there to have been 100+ even if some of them were a bit repetitive.

SA had so many different missions like RC Vehicle Missions from Zero. The stealth missions, robberies and so much more.
There was a huve varirety. Same goes for VC. I mean everything from just frighten some lawyers to destroy store windows and force them.to pay you money to protect them over flying an RC chopper to place bombs on a construction side

But RDR also had about 20 stranger missions.

That count is fine for a single protagonist in a rather empty desert map. The game was very story driven.

Imo that would be way too few for 3 protagonists in such a huge and filled map. SA with over 100 Missions never did get boring because missions werent repetetive like they were in GTA4.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

A bit less than GTA 4, but make up for them with better out of story stuff.

Skozza89
  • Skozza89

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

There can never be enough missions to be honest, I'll try pace myself in terms of the story but there can never be enough biggrin.gif

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

They said that the story is 25 hours long so I can imagine them being 80-90.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Hameer @ Monday, Jul 29 2013, 15:58)

They really said 25h ???
Thats even more dissapointing. Estimated time of far cry 3 was even longer and that game was possible to beat in like 10-15 hours.( main missions only) so in like 1 week if you have the time.

Cant believe they said 25h atm.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

I think that if you completely no life the game, you can finish the mainstory in 20-30 hours, in which case you shouldn't die, freeroam or do any other stuff that main mission after main mission.

I think that if you freeroam, do sidestories and random missions, you can be at least 100 - 150 hours in game, before you even know it smile.gif . It depends on what you want, what you do, when you do it etc.

I myself will play the main story + side missions and stranger missions. this will take up 100+ hours. I then freeroam and play GTA Online, in which I play 50+ hours. so... yeah... for me it will be 150+ hours.

but doing all missions; about 50 hours average I think for main missions, which will be about 50-60 main missions, keep in mind that there are 3 protagonists, each with their own agenda and missions.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, Jul 29 2013, 14:06)
QUOTE (Hameer @ Monday, Jul 29 2013, 15:58)

They really said 25h ???
Thats even more dissapointing. Estimated time of far cry 3 was even longer and that game was possible to beat in like 10-15 hours.( main missions only) so in like 1 week if you have the time.

Cant believe they said 25h atm.

The never said anything about hours. They said that the main story was about the length of RDR, which in my case was 50+ hours.

Remember that in GTA V you will travel bigger distances, which even with the fastest cars are a lot longer than RDR. 5x RDR map (the whole map, not only the places accesible, but everything you see when you open map in menu.)

because of this I think that it will roughly take 50-60 hours minimum to finish the game. If you however rush, doesn't enjoy the game and play on the easiest targeting mode, well then maybe you can finish the game in 30 or less hours... but only stupids will do that...

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

It's strange how everyone says GTA4 dragged on and RDR was fresh the whole way through. RDR has less missions than IV but it was the same thing over and over "ride around mexico killing other mexicans viva la revolucion". That dragged on for way too long. In GTA IV you unlocked new safehouses, islands and the story was interesting.

Anyways it can't be the length of RDR, that's just way too short for three protagonists. It should be 100. I've always preferred well thought out main storyline missions to random events.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

I hope we will get at least 110 Missions.

Kiebagged
  • Kiebagged

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

I think it will have a similar mission system to Just Cause 2.
In Just Cause 2 you did small missions to earn Chaos points and then once you got enough chaos points you went on an important mission and their was only 7 of them. I think it that's what it will be like in GTA V, you do small missions or minor heist, then once each character has earned enough money to buy the equipment required to do the heist, you can then go on a huge important heist, like robbing a massive bank.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (Kiebagged @ Monday, Jul 29 2013, 17:04)
I think it will have a similar mission system to Just Cause 2.
In Just Cause 2 you did small missions to earn Chaos points and then once you got enough chaos points you went on an important mission and their was only 7 of them. I think it that's what it will be like in GTA V, you do small missions or minor heist, then once each character has earned enough money to buy the equipment required to do the heist, you can then go on a huge important heist, like robbing a massive bank.

Nah, its will be all story based. ( they said you need a certain amount of money for some missions though)
Main Missions will be the preperation missions plus the 7 big heists. Then we have the seperat story lines for thr 3 protagonists.
I really hope we will see at least as many missions as SA.

You see the trend of of the games in the past years. They become shorter and shorter.
I hope R* does not follow this trend

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users