Photo

Slow response (latency)

4 replies to this topic
diegoziil
  • diegoziil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

Hey i recently installed GTA IV and I couldn't launch the game after installation, I fixed that by downloading some missing .dll files. But now i have lag problems while playing, i have googled it and found some solutions that worked for 3 mins. But come back again whenever i get into a car or receive a call. basically the problem is that the game has a very slow response like if I press W to walk forward it takes like 1 second to start moving, so its impossible to drive.. it even plays the sounds like crashing before it even happens.
Anyone knows how to fix this? Thanks

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

Where do you have the game from? Are you using any mods or cracks? Do you play with the original DVD in your Drive? Have you tried to re-install the game? What are your PC specifications? Make sure you've got these installed: Games for Windows Live Update & the GTA IV Patch 1.0.7.0. icon14.gif

diegoziil
  • diegoziil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

Sorry forgot that info tounge.gif well i got it from a local game store. no mods or cracks just the original game and latest patch and games for windows live update. Yes i reinstalled it, and i play with he original DVD on my drive.

My pc:
Processor Intel Core i5-2310
RAM: 8Gb
Windows 7 64-bit system
NVidia GeForce GT 430

I think my system shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the help. smile.gif

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

Well, the GTA IV Patch 1.0.4.0 is targeting performance, so try to install it. By looking at your specs, I can tell that they're not the problem. Have you tried updating / re-installing your video drivers?

Take also into account to use commandlines - check the guide about what they are and how to create one. Try using these commands:

CODE
-minspecaudio
-novblank
-noswapdelay
-noprecache
-notimefix
-nomemrestrict
-norestrictions

Or, this one, in case the one above doesn't improve anything.

CODE
-availablevidmem 4.0
-novblank
-nomemrestrict
-noprecache
-refreshrate 57

Have you tried to defragment your Hard-drive?

diegoziil
  • diegoziil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

Thanks for the codes though none of them worked. I set the game on the lowest graphic settings as possible and it runs smoothly, but it looks very crappy, with my system i should be running it on 1920x1080 and almost everything on the High setting, or no?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users