Photo

What no body is talking about

30 replies to this topic
TheGTAFranklin
  • TheGTAFranklin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

I'm talking about the rappelling system seen in the Gameplay Trailer.
People think that it's a 1 time mission usage, but what if the same system is used to climb a mountain / come back down. I think it would be amazing, jumping down 5 ft at a time, enjoying the view and firing your pistol into the air. I think it will be an item of equipment, in the fact in GTA IV, if you landed on a roof and your chopper crashed, you were screwed. Now in V you should be able to rappel down the building in good fashion.

TL;DR

Rapelling feature is underlooked
Could be used for mountain climbing
Could be used if stuck on building

Discuss if this would be a good feature.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:40 PM

I'm sure it's mission only. It would be really cool if you could do it anytime you wanted, but I really doubt it. confused.gif

SwitchBladeJones
  • SwitchBladeJones

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

That would be awesome. Perhaps you could have that in your kit along with the parachute. I wouldn't think they would include it, but if they do it create a lot of new gameplay options.

rockstargamer4life
  • rockstargamer4life

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

Good point....

Anonamix
  • Anonamix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

I think it would be a really cool feature. But I have a feeling it is for that mission, I hope I'm wrong.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

During that mission when Michael is hanging from the helicopter, I'm going to switch to Trevor and do this:

user posted image

I hope you can do it. It was in my wish list - http://www.gtaforums...entry1061528173

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 02:00)
During that mission when Michael is hanging from the helicopter, I'm going to switch to Trevor and do this:

user posted image

I hope you can do it. It was in my wish list - http://www.gtaforums...entry1061528173

epic paint skills lol

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

You can probably do it more than once, in that it's used in more than one mission.

Unless R* has seriously changed their philosophy on game development, there will be a number of features that are restricted to missions.

@Choco Taco
Well, during missions the character switching is a little more restricted, sometimes only letting you switch between two members even if all three are present, or not letting you switch at all, or forcing you to switch. In that particular case, we can't switch to Trevor until the helicopter chase starts. Which means you can't smack Michael into the wall. tounge.gif

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (thugzmansion @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 23:02)
epic paint skills lol

Yeah, I immediately recognized Trevor in the picture, without even reading the text. tounge.gif

OT: I really hope we can use ropes to climb steep mountains and cliff faces. Now that would be a great new game capability. colgate.gif

PHOENIXZERO
  • PHOENIXZERO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 19:10)
You can probably do it more than once, in that it's used in more than one mission.

Unless R* has seriously changed their philosophy on game development, there will be a number of features that are restricted to missions.

@Choco Taco
Well, during missions the character switching is a little more restricted, sometimes only letting you switch between two members even if all three are present, or not letting you switch at all, or forcing you to switch. In that particular case, we can't switch to Trevor until the helicopter chase starts. Which means you can't smack Michael into the wall. tounge.gif

Yes we can, at least according to the Game Informer preview from last year at that part of the mission we can either be Michael shooting down the other choppers or we can be Trevor flying away. The thing is Michael probably makes his way back into the helicopter before we're able to take control again.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

like window cleaning platforms in IV, this will be do-able from specific points, one or two mission related, and a few in freeroam that has no use and no one will do it.

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:43 PM

Oh man I hope we can rappel anywhere!

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (PHOENIXZERO @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 23:39)
Yes we can, at least according to the Game Informer preview from last year at that part of the mission we can either be Michael shooting down the other choppers or we can be Trevor flying away. The thing is Michael probably makes his way back into the helicopter before we're able to take control again.

That's what I said. You get to be Trevor during the helicopter chase, but not while hovering above the IAA building while Michael is rappelling there. During that part, you choose between Michael and Franklin (and Franklin only becomes a choice after Michael has entered the building). During the chase, you can choose between all three.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:26 AM

While it seems good on paper I don't see myself using this much if at all in free roam. I'd rather drive/dive off a mountain and use a parachute then repel down it. The same can be said if stuck on a building.

PHOENIXZERO
  • PHOENIXZERO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 22:07)
QUOTE (PHOENIXZERO @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 23:39)

That's what I said. You get to be Trevor during the helicopter chase, but not while hovering above the IAA building while Michael is rappelling there. During that part, you choose between Michael and Franklin (and Franklin only becomes a choice after Michael has entered the building). During the chase, you can choose between all three.

Argh, me kno can reed gud.

Meezarawcks
  • Meezarawcks

You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:31 AM

It might not be mission only but then again it might not be used EVERYWHERE in Free roam. What If you can use it at Certain locations. There is hiking and who knows there maybe certain areas around the mountain tops where you can descend down or even rock climb up.

Hopeful yes but just speculation of course.

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:32 AM Edited by Patriot_Action, 28 July 2013 - 03:34 AM.

QUOTE (TheGTAFranklin @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 17:33)
Thread title: What nobody is talking about
I'm talking about the rappelling system seen in the Gameplay Trailer.

WAT

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=535614
So if we can rappelling off a building

of a mountain, bridges etc.?

i hope this isn't just a mission type of thing it would be a shame if we won't be able to use it in such a big map...

there's a lot of cool ways to play with this new in-game mechanism...

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=564930
Multiple rappel down missions?

I was watching the screens on R* page and I've found the one were Michael is rappeling down a building and breaking into the glass. I've recognized, that in the screenshot it's a different office than in the gameplay video

So - either there are more missions were we can do this, or we can do this in free roaming (which would be great) OR the screenshot is taken from another floor of the same building - that would mean, that there are more offices we can enter because they have interior

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=564680
Rappelling and other vehicle extras: Can it be done in free roam

Also on the rappelling note, do u need the heli or can u go rainbow six style off the top of a building?

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=556892
Grappling hook?

As we all saw Michael rappels down a building in one of the missions so far. Wouldent this be a useful tool to climb up and down buildings? Your thoughts?

(Those are just the OPs).

rob243
  • rob243

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:02 AM

dude change your thread name so more people will be interested .
Now this is how i think it will work do you remeber those window cleaning lifts in gta 4 where you could only use them in certain missions , but they werent foudn in free roam similar to that.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

parachute > rapelling

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

I don't know how it would work in free-roam. Would there just be random rappelling posts here and there that you could use? Or would you need to get Trevor and Michael in a helicopter together?

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

I would bet money it's not mission only. R* has already showed it off and it's an actual mechanic, which means there's already code(gameplay) for it. It wouldn't be hard to apply that same code to other areas in the game. I just think it would be a waste if R* only uses it for one mission.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

To be honest it looked very smoothly animated.

And you can see michaels feet find the wall, (Euphoria engine in play his body reacts to the alignment of the wall. ) Im quite confident we can do this outside of missions. Why go through all that trouble moddeling rappling gear so accurately.

rob243
  • rob243

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 07:30)
I don't know how it would work in free-roam. Would there just be random rappelling posts here and there that you could use? Or would you need to get Trevor and Michael in a helicopter together?

just cuase 2 style

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (thugzmansion @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 23:02)
QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 02:00)

user posted image

I hope you can do it.  It was in my wish list - http://www.gtaforums...entry1061528173

epic paint skills lol

You cannot Switch to Trevor during that mission. See gameplay video

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (BlackNoise @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 07:44)
I would bet money it's not mission only. R* has already showed it off and it's an actual mechanic, which means there's already code(gameplay) for it. It wouldn't be hard to apply that same code to other areas in the game. I just think it would be a waste if R* only uses it for one mission.

That's very reasonable, but I'm sure the same logic could be applied to any of IV's mission-only features.

rob243
  • rob243

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

do any of you guys remember those window cleaning lifts in gta 4 , and if so do you remember if they were accessible in free roam . I think the same process will apply for rappeling

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

They were.

blnboy88
  • blnboy88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

Gta 5 = mission-based gameplay!!!
= rappeling confirmed???

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

I'd rather have parkour over rappelling.

VATG
  • VATG

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

i think we've already discussed about everything... http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=535614

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users