Photo

GTA 5 cinematic view

18 replies to this topic
Alexey86
  • Alexey86

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

I didnt seen this discussed, but will GTA 5 have the same cinematics view or something simmilar as GTA 4. It was really great in 4, people can make great videos and put it on youtube. Those angles when you can record the car driving by, etc. San Andreas of course didnt have them, and I dont see them in the new trailers. If they were taken out, then too bad sad.gif

Also I am interested if GTA 5 has small cinematics view, when entering the car, etc . But not all the time, because it will get annoying.

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

Nobody knows. Personally I wouldn't care if they removed it. It's difficult to play with the camera switching all the time. I'd prefer a view where the camera is above the character and facing down like the old games.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

San Andreas had them...

But why would there be small cinematics when doing things?

Crimewave
  • Crimewave

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

It's been talked about a while ago, but yeah most people are against it. I brought up some cool points but I can't find it anymore.

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:45 PM Edited by Hameer, 27 July 2013 - 10:02 PM.

I thought San Andreas had it? It made its way to IV eventually and I'm pretty sure they'll make their way to V as well.

Pretty sure they used the cinematic in game camera for the trailers.

Crimewave
  • Crimewave

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

Oh I see, THAT cinematic view. I was thinking filters.

Alexey86
  • Alexey86

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (Crimewave @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 21:45)
It's been talked about a while ago, but yeah most people are against it. I brought up some cool points but I can't find it anymore.

They were great of making nice videos. Its only optional. Of course they f*ck up the driving etc, but were great to make small funny movies in free-roam, and then upload them on youtube. I saw the drift videos on modded Gta 4, and they were so cool, it looked like another game, anyway with the car drifting from different angles, and when close to the wall, in slow-motion taking a perfect right or left.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (Alexey86 @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 21:52)
QUOTE (Crimewave @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 21:45)

They were great of making nice videos. Its only optional. Of course they f*ck up the driving etc, but were great to make small funny movies in free-roam, and then upload them on youtube. I saw the drift videos on modded Gta 4, and they were so cool, it looked like another game, anyway with the car drifting from different angles, and when close to the wall, in slow-motion taking a perfect right or left.

Have you seen what kind of great videos people make with IV? There's really no need to add anything, especially if it interferes with gameplay.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:01 PM

Most of the videos you've seen weren't done from the cinematic camera, I am fairly sure they were done with the Video Editor feature exclusive to the PC version of the game. The video editor let you record the game directly, and then replay the events where you can change camera angles and such.

Saliva
  • Saliva

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

I liked slow-mo. But now that is part of Franklin's special ability, would they include it twice?

Alexey86
  • Alexey86

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 22:01)
Most of the videos you've seen weren't done from the cinematic camera, I am fairly sure they were done with the Video Editor feature exclusive to the PC version of the game. The video editor let you record the game directly, and then replay the events where you can change camera angles and such.

yeah I am talking about that too.

Trevor_Phillips.
  • Trevor_Phillips.

I live for this sh*t!

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

I think its gonna be the same as IV pressing O in classic controls and in the gameplay trailer when Trevor was driving there was some angles like the ones in IV when you press O

Alexey86
  • Alexey86

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 22:01)

the interaction between the 3 players, switching between them in combat, while using the video-editor(assuming they do release a PCversion) will make great cinematic videos, with imagination.

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

I wouldn't mind having the cinematic camera view. The only thing I didn't like about the one in IV was you had to press and hold the corresponding button to keep it in cinematic view. What they should do is add the cinematic view to the selection of normal camera views where it locks into place whatever view you're using...or maybe have it where after locking in the cinematic view, you can then press another button to change to a different angle while still in cinematic view. That would be cool.

I Luke
  • I Luke

UGHH..

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

Wouldn't be too bothered if they kept it in. The only way I'd use it more often is if like someone said, if I could lock it into just one camera view instead of it switching automatic and then having to up/down to switch back.

ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:30 PM Edited by ainsz, 27 July 2013 - 11:34 PM.

Not if you selected cinematic view with the select button.

The best improvement IV's cinematic view had was that when a static view was showing, you could hold R3 in and down so that it wouldn't change, making it easier to drive.

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:50 PM

I was thinking of things like wild jumps and crashes...simply move the cinematic view to where the normal views are, and then after switching to the cinematic view, you could then press a different button to change to different angles. It would be a perk only for the cinematic view...the other camera views would remain in their original state. Basically, switching back to one of the normal views would disable the extra angles option.

Ineptitude
  • Ineptitude

Aspiring OB/GYN

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:20 AM

LOVED the cinematic view in IV, though I don't believe it needs a dedicated face button. Maybe they can change it to HOLDING select/back button. I don't see them taking the feature out. What I am hoping for though is a cinematic camera for being on foot, would make for fantastic camera angles throughout the whole game.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

It is sure to have it. Of course a gameplay capture is always going to pale in comparison to what the video editor provides.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users