Quantcast

» «
Photo

How to get my savegames back after reinstall?

5 replies to this topic
SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

I have reinstalled my windows and copied my GTA IV & EFLC savegames on another disc, now after installing my game back and putting back the savegames on its place the game doesnt seem to see it and it starts a new game, when I try to load it it says there is no saves. Is there any way to make it work?

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

Can you post the location to where you've put the save games?
Make sure you have xliveless, since I don't believe you can run external save games without it. After you install it, the save games should appear in your game. If they don't, you can go by one of the following two procedures:
a) Create the following folder structure in the "My Documents" folder manually

CODE
Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

for both 32 and 64 bit OS versions. For EFLC it should be similar.

b) Simply start GTAIV, create a new game from the menu and save the game taking the first opportunity. Now you can look for the folder in "My Documents" and drop any savegames you have there.

Bonus suggestion in case you can see your save games in the game but can't load them: install the GTA IV Patch 1.0.4.0. icon14.gif

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 20:31)
Can you post the location to where you've put the save games?
Make sure you have xliveless, since I don't believe you can run external save games without it. After you install it, the save games should appear in your game. If they don't, you can go by one of the following two procedures:
a) Create the following folder structure in the "My Documents" folder manually

CODE
Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

for both 32 and 64 bit OS versions. For EFLC it should be similar.

b) Simply start GTAIV, create a new game from the menu and save the game taking the first opportunity. Now you can look for the folder in "My Documents" and drop any savegames you have there.

Bonus suggestion in case you can see your save games in the game but can't load them: install the GTA IV Patch 1.0.4.0. icon14.gif

Dude you always give the worst advices. I have figured it out and none of these were needed, thanks anyway

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

I've only given you the obvious suggestions that anyone would have given. Such advices are usually the solutions to similar problems to yours. I don't see how is this "bad" advice. At least post the solution of your bug here, so we'll know what can this be fixed by.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:12 PM

I needed to finish first mission, save the game than replace that save with my old ones but only the save file called for example SGTA400 not the whole savegames folder

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:46 PM

You solution was actually covered in my first post in this topic. Here:
QUOTE (miromiro @ Jul 27 2013, 23:31)

But it's okay now, good to know you fixed it. Have fun. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users