Photo

Aliens

144 replies to this topic
Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

My bad if this has been covered before, my search didn't come up with anything.

Do you guys believe in them? No, not that "omg I saw a ufo" or "ya area 51" bullsh*t, but seriously. I mean like other beings, intelligent or not, existing elsewhere in the universe. Is it possible that earth is the only planet with life? If they do exist, do you think they would look as we expect them too?
  • Ramyhyday likes this

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

My belief is that aliens are advanced versions of humans. Anyone want to fight about it?

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

I think they're out there, if they have the technology to visit us then we should be very concerned and if they've already visited then we're f*cked. If we reach them first however, they're probably f*cked, but we'll probably have destroyed ourselves and our planet before we even get to that point.

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

I think it's beautiful that you are 256 colors too.

• Zaibatsu
  • Somalia

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

While we don't know the exact conditions of which life formed on earth, we can look at the extreme conditions of which it thrives and guess that there is a chance life exists somewhere else in the universe. And if that life does exist, there is a chance that it may be intelligent.

However, sentience is not the goal in evolution. Just because it life itself exists does not mean it will one day become intelligent.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

dat was mad tekkers bruh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

Meh, probably real.

I wonder when the term "space terrorism" will be a well known thing.

Sleepy187.
  • Sleepy187.

Infamous

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

I don't think that we're the only ones in this huge universe.

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

If they find us I think we're doomed. It'll be a lot like Independence Day, the film. But before Will Smith even has a chance of teaming up with Jeff Goldblum, the aliens just take them out first and then we're getting probed and harvested and milked and all kinds of horrible things are happening. Then after a while some of the more liberal aliens push for human reform, and we only get milked and probed a certain amount of times a day, and in better conditions and with better treatment.

Then, eventually, when the planet has been taken for all it's got, they leave the majority to die, whilst a small number are kept in a zoo aboard the mothership, where we inbreed. About 100 years later the last human, with webbed feet and and a severely diminished brain capacity, dies in it's own filth as an alien child asks it's mother if the human is dead. "No dear, he's just sleeping".
  • deepthroatgta6 and Aszod like this

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:58 PM Edited by FiS!!HeR, 27 July 2013 - 08:06 PM.

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 19:41)

I agree. I, too, don't think that we are the only intelligent living being in this ever-expanding universe. By intelligent, I mean living beings that are at least capable of creating tools like ours.

Edit: I don't understand why some people are afraid of a possible visit of an intelligent extraterrestrial being. Why don't you consider a bright side? Vsauce channel on youtube had a recent interesting video on Aliens. He comments on these fears and raises an interesting point about them.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

If humans get to Mars in 2023, set up a colony and have children. Those children will be the first true Martians and so the first 'aliens'. At least in a technical sense.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Hellhound Warpig

• United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

Repost

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 20:03)
If humans get to Mars in 2023, set up a colony and have children. Those children will be the first true Martians and so the first 'aliens'. At least in a technical sense.

It's my understanding that if Humans were to begin reproducing on Mars their offspring would actually have a lot of physical differences from earth born humans and wouldn't ever be able to live comfortably on earth due to bone density/muscle issues with earth's gravity. Don't quote me on any of that, I'm not a professional nerd.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 15:58)
QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 19:41)

I agree. I, too, don't think that we are the only intelligent living being in this ever-expanding universe. By intelligent, I mean living beings that are at least capable of creating tools like ours.

Edit: I don't understand why some people are afraid of a possible visit of an intelligent extraterrestrial being. Why don't you consider a bright side? Vsauce channel on youtube had a recent interesting video on Aliens. He comments on these fears and raises an interesting point about them.

Well like that guy in the video said, I can't help but think that based on human tendencies, if another spiecies were to invade us, it would likely be intelligent enough to instantly destory us, if not done accidentally through contamination or even from the impact of an extraterrestrial transportation device of some sort.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:34 PM

As far as I know I've yet to see anything to suggest alien's exist. Until it's shown abiogenesis could actually work I remain extremely skeptical of the whole idea.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:43 AM Edited by 018361, 28 July 2013 - 06:52 AM.

I believe it is possible that there are some other forms of life out there. Just the fact that the earth has more than one species of life is proof enough for me that there are other beings out there. Not to mention the discoveries of many planets that are earth-like and have been deemed " habitable " by scientists. I would say that to think that it is not at least possible for other forms of life to exist would be ridiculous.

@El_Diablo Yep, just like people used to think the earth was flat or that the sun revolved around the earth.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:48 AM

this universe is too big for human beings to be the only intelligent life.

anyone who doesn't believe in "aliens" is probably a religious nutjob who thinks we're the center of all creation.
  • JustOneMonth likes this

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

Thanks to our broad definition of life, I think that it is damn near inevitable that life exist beyond Earth. In our solar system of just a handful of planets, Mars is speculated to be suitable for supporting life of some sort. This only strengthens the theory that out of billions (trillions?...more?) of the planets in the universe, some have to share common conditions to ours. These conditions include life forms.

Will we ever interact with the ones in close proximity? Highly unlikely for now. You never know though with the military secrets around these days. If any contact was/will be made, your local military would be the first to know about it.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

Why not? I certainly wouldn't want to be alone in the universe. The thought of seeing what an alien looks like is thrilling by itself. I mean, until we or they break out the guns and start mowing down the other, it's pretty exciting.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Group: Epsilonist

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

I'm not an expert in this field, so pardon the ignorance of mine.
How can we be so sure of life forms other than the ones on earth -intelligent or not- depend on Oxygen and water? I mean, like how most of the species on earth are dependent on O2, there can be life forms elsewhere ( possibly even in our own solar system ) that depend on other gaseous substances for lives, right? Hell, how can the possibility of life forms independent of..breathing? Why should other lives be in accordance with the dependencies of the life forms of our planet?

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 02:22)
I'm not an expert in this field, so pardon the ignorance of mine.
How can we be so sure of life forms other than the ones on earth -intelligent or not-  depend on Oxygen and water? I mean, like how most of the species on earth are dependent on O2, there can be life forms elsewhere ( possibly even in our own solar system ) that depend on other gaseous substances for lives, right? Hell, how can the possibility of life forms independent of..breathing? Why should other lives be in accordance with the dependencies of the life forms of our planet?

That's exactly what life is though. Life is not some sacred form of existence. It's just a state of self-sustaining matter on Earth as defined by humans and their scientific community. Thing is, most of the conditions that have created this unique phenomena aren't as unique as we think. They happen all over the universe.

Blockboy831
  • Blockboy831

Live from the Hood

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

I highly believe there is intelligent life in space, we havent even explored most of our oceans, whos to say there isnt life in space. And the fact that we most likely have been visited but the story has been covered up shows that the government is aware that if the country headlines are "Aliens on Earth!" the country would flip the f*ck out lol im positive that weve been visited but the government(s) will refuse to talk about the topic and admit to it. alien.gif The proof is everywhere

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Hellhound Warpig

• United-Kingdom

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 00:34)
Until it's shown abiogenesis could actually work I remain extremely skeptical of the whole idea.

What, like the laboratory recreation of Ribonucleotides, the Bartel-Szostak demonstration of spontaneous RNA evolutionary progression (Original source) and demonstration of progressive Ribozyme-catalyzed RNA polymerization? RNA World theory is well scientifically supported and quite compelling in my view.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 00:23)
Until it's shown abiogenesis could actually work I remain extremely skeptical of the whole idea.

What, like the laboratory recreation of Ribonucleotides, the Bartel-Szostak demonstration of spontaneous RNA evolutionary progression (Original source) and demonstration of progressive Ribozyme-catalyzed RNA polymerization? RNA World theory is well scientifically supported and quite compelling in my view.

I do hope you realize how far any of that is from creating just one self sustaining single celled organism..

Every single single-celled organism discovered to date has been shown to be irreducibly complex, not to mention the information stored in DNA itself could not have come about by purely natural means.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

Second page and this guy has been in this topic

user posted image

You all disappoint me confused.gif

On the topic I do believe in Aliens, this universe is just too big for us to be the only poor motherf*ckers alive. If I hear the argument of "why haven't they visited us", well why haven't we visited them?

Although I do imagine them to like dressing up and getting drunk and living in people's attics... man I love you Roger.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Hellhound Warpig

• United-Kingdom

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 15:47)

I do hope you realize how far any of that is from creating just one self sustaining single celled organism...

Oh, I do know we are a fair way off a cohesive and complete theory explaining the formation of organisms, but this is workable evidence of processes through which abiogenesis may have functioned and a demonstration that the basics of the theory are workable. But let's not let this devolve into another "do you believe in God" thread.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 07:31)
QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 15:47)

I do hope you realize how far any of that is from creating just one self sustaining single celled organism...

Oh, I do know we are a fair way off a cohesive and complete theory explaining the formation of organisms, but this is workable evidence of processes through which abiogenesis may have functioned and a demonstration that the basics of the theory are workable. But let's not let this devolve into another "do you believe in God" thread.

Well for me to assume there is an abundance of life out in the universe I'd first have to be shown life can even come about by purely natural means.

It's not like I have anything against the idea though, I think it'd be fascinating if we found other intelligent life but idk, the whole idea seems more like something that's been hyped up by the media than an actual reality. If there are alien lifeforms I would imagine then being along the lines of microscopic organisms.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Research ≠ Searching something on Google

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

Do aliens exist? I don't know...

Can they visit us? Nope, I don't think they will, unless they can create worm holes.
As Mr. Gareth Croke said, "this universe is just too big for us to be the only poor motherf*ckers alive". But that does not mean they will visit us, because we could be millions of light years or Parsecs away from us.

Tyler
  • Tyler

time is a flat circle

• Unknown

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:37 AM

As far as belief goes, I have none towards the existence of aliens. I know there's a possibility, and I will continue to pay attention to SETI and the like, but I have no reason to say I believe in the existence of life outside of what we've observed as of now.

That said, my imagination likes to wander. Especially in regards to how other life might experience reality. How many senses, how they "see," how they communicate with one another, their ecosystems, their behavior, their technology... it's an endless sheet that we can draw on, and knowing what people think about the prospect of aliens says quite a bit about how that person sees life in general.
  • Moth likes this

3Hunt.
  • 3Hunt.

Yeah.

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:43 AM

I think this bitch who lives next to me is an alien...........

Nope, she's Bulimic.

Anyways, on my sexy trip to New Mexico, I did happen to visit Roswell last year.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:49 AM

I don't want to say "Aliens", but I do think 'something' is out there.
I mean, we can't be the only ones in this Universe...? alien.gif

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:30 AM

LOL...
here we go again.

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 08:47)
the information stored in DNA itself could not have come about by purely natural means.

says who?
that's not a true statement and you cannot prove it.

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 17:42)
I'd first have to be shown life can even come about by purely natural means.

really?

then open your eyes.
life arranging itself through natural means is all around you.

no matter how far we zoom in at the molecular level, we have yet to find god's signature on any of his supposed 'creations.'
you can't make statements like that in a scientific context unless you're purposely trying to sound ignorant.

however, given your posting history, the ignorance theory is pretty likely tounge2.gif

the whole idea seems more like something that's been hyped up by the media than an actual reality.

see what I mean?
this is just pure unadulterated ignorance.

the "idea" that life exists elsewhere in the universe IS NOT a hype agenda by the media.
it has LONG been rooted in physical science, biology, and astronomy.

life on Earth is carbon based. we're composed largely of carbon and helium while most of our metabolic processes are powered by nitrogen.
why is that important? because carbon, helium, and nitrogen are the most abundant elements in the entire universe. if we can be arranged into intelligent lifeforms using the most readily available components in just a few million years, then what is stopping anything else?

the mathematics of universal probabilities (given the sum total of undiscovered but measurable energy and remaining particle elements) would indicate that there is a significantly greater than 50% chance that numerous other species of intelligent life have arranged elsewhere.

it's simple math.
to believe we are alone is to believe in your own delusions of grandeur.

not only are we NOT alone, we're likely NOT an "intelligent" species when compared to what else might be out there.
especially when you consider that other civilizations could easily have an additional 1,000 or 10,000 or 500,000 year (or more) advance on our technology and understanding.

If there are alien lifeforms I would imagine then being along the lines of microscopic organisms.

yeah and virtually every credible astrophysicist disagrees with you...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users