Photo

who is the antagonist?

83 replies to this topic
kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

maybe there's a whole Fight Club thing going on and the antagonist is a figure of one of their imaginations. It's probably the FIB or someone but it'd be fun to see the other way.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (Killjoy2022 @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 20:55)
maybe there's a whole Fight Club thing going on and the antagonist is a figure of one of their imaginations. It's probably the FIB or someone but it'd be fun to see the other way.

FIB and Michael are the most likely antagonists IMO

Len Lfc
  • Len Lfc

N7

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (rockstargamer4life @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 20:08)
Can't have protagonists without antagonists

There isn't one. & , yes, you can.

freak19930
  • freak19930

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

I am pretty sure sense each character will have somewhat of their own story, each protagonists will have at least 1 specific to them. I would think that a FIB agent would be too boring and predictable. I would prefer it being that homeless guy who found the diamonds in 4. So after they rob him in the first heist, he starts an evil secret society of all the antagonists. Then they would build a robot army and terrorize los santos.

SwitchBladeJones
  • SwitchBladeJones

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

Prior to GTAIII, Vice City, and San Andreas the antagonists were not known. I'm not worried about the story having good components. Rockstar likes to keep things hidden. I'm fine with it.

Water Pipes
  • Water Pipes

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

I think somebody that starts out as a protagonist or just some random character that's on your side, will eventually betray you. Not in a death sort of way. Perhaps somebody that you're associated with snitches about a robbery or becomes greedy with the money and runs off with it and you must get away from the law somehow and lay low in the country, heh?

funkybub
  • funkybub

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

CJ is the bad guy

Hotband
  • Hotband

A Cheesehead

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

All three protagonists have their own antagonists, mark my words.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

Ain't nothin' over til it's over.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

I believe that if you're having three interwoven stories, most likely one of them will eventually turn out to be the antagonist. Perhaps Franklin will become to power-hungry on dominating the city, or perhaps Michael's FIB nature will turn and Franklin and Trevor will end up taking him down eventually before they're caught out as the patsies. Or, considering multiple endings, perhaps we choose the antagonist.

Food for thought.

Fallout3
  • Fallout3

Cereal Killer

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

Banks.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (Los Santos Police Department @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 11:19)
One of the protagonists is the antagonist
read this:http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/rockstars-dan-houser-reveals-potentially-big-grand-theft-auto-v-spoiler/

“Just at the conceptual level, the idea was three separate stories that you play in one game. The next bit was, let’s not have the stories intersect once or twice but have them completely interwoven. It felt like it was going to be a real narrative strength: you get to play the protagonist and the antagonist in the same story.”- Dan Houser

Maybe he meant it less literally, like the group's actions f*ck them up in the long run.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:29 AM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 28 July 2013 - 10:45 AM.

QUOTE (jackass2009 @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 22:42)
read this:http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/rockstars-dan-houser-reveals-potentially-big-grand-theft-auto-v-spoiler/

“Just at the conceptual level, the idea was three separate stories that you play in one game. The next bit was, let’s not have the stories intersect once or twice but have them completely interwoven. It felt like it was going to be a real narrative strength: you get to play the protagonist and the antagonist in the same story.”- Dan Houser

Maybe he meant it less literally, like the group's actions f*ck them up in the long run.

Maybe the crew get too greedy and rob a FIB bank? I can see that the protagonists might get greedy. This has happened in GTA before, when Tommy Vercetti goes against his boss ( Farelli ) and in GTA IV, if the player chooses the deal ending.

MacJoker
  • MacJoker

Raise the Steaks!

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

The Decepticons

Phantom PaiN
  • Phantom PaiN

GtaI-GtaV

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (Los Santos Police Department @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 10:29)

Maybe the crew get too greedy and rob a FIB bank? I can see that the protagonists might get greedy. This has happened in GTA before, when Tommy Vercetti goes against his boss ( Farelli ) and in GTA IV, if the player chooses the deal ending.

thie is a potential spoiler released by their very own selves...and if on top of that if they make it clear as well then it would have a huge negative impact on story....so guys wait for the game and let somethings be secret until u experience them...i personally wish that they should not have released this info or that it means differently from what we interpret from it.........

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (Phantom PaiN @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 11:12)
QUOTE (Los Santos Police Department @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 10:29)

thie is a potential spoiler released by their very own selves...and if on top of that if they make it clear as well then it would have a huge negative impact on story....so guys wait for the game and let somethings be secret until u experience them...i personally wish that they should not have released this info or that it means differently from what we interpret from it.........

icon14.gif
They shouldn't have released this info. It should have stayed a mystery IMO.

VanNelle
  • VanNelle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

R* said that after the campaign, you can still play with all of the characters together. Bit silly to rob stuff with your enemys. Maybe micheal kills them all at the end and replaces them with clones.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (Los Santos Police Department @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 21:54)
I meant that there could be a choice at some point in the game, and that having a protagonist as an antagonist is one of them.

All of the characters are doing good things and bad things. However, one of them is most likely the villain. Also notice that I said that "You're the good guy and the bad guy ." So the Dan Houser quote I used is valid, not false

The Dan Houser quote is saying your a good and bad guy. This indicates in no way, shape or forum that one of protagonists will become a antagonist so it doesn't back up your claim.

Anyway it's irrelevant because you've gone from saying "one of the protagonists is the antagonist" to "It could be choice we make in the game". Although I agree with the later it's all guesswork as nothing that major has been confirmed.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 13:57)
I meant that there could be a choice at some point in the game, and that having a protagonist as an antagonist is one of them.

All of the characters are doing good things and bad things. However, one of them is most likely the villain. Also notice that I said that "You're the good guy and the bad guy ." So the Dan Houser quote I used is valid, not false

The Dan Houser quote is saying your a good and bad guy. This indicates in no way, shape or forum that one of protagonists will become a antagonist so it doesn't back up your claim.

Anyway it's irrelevant because you've gone from saying "one of the protagonists is the antagonist" to "It could be choice we make in the game". Although I agree with the later it's all guesswork as nothing that major has been confirmed.

icon14.gif
I guess we can agree on that. Hopefully there is a choice in the game, it would make it more interesting and would add to the replay value (playing again to see what would have happened if you did not kill a certain character)

As for the actual main antagonist, we'll have to find out in September, although I think the FIB and CIA (forgot their GTA parody name) rivalry will impact the story.

ToddMichael333
  • ToddMichael333

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

I don't think will know till it comes out, when GTA IV trailers came out Rock star made the antagonist seem like
He was the guy Niko Bellic was looking for in his past, then it turns out to be a guy who just ends up f*cking him over. So my guess is we won't know. Smart money is on a Corrupt FIB agent or someone say Trevor f*cks over and drags the other two characters into it.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (ToddMichael333 @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 14:58)
I don't think will know till it comes out, when GTA IV trailers came out Rock star made the antagonist seem like
He was the guy Niko Bellic was looking for in his past, then it turns out to be a guy who just ends up f*cking him over. So my guess is we won't know. Smart money is on a Corrupt FIB agent or someone say Trevor f*cks over and drags the other two characters into it.

icon14.gif
The FIB are most likely to the the antagonists, although it can be someone we don't know yet.

DWTDevil
  • DWTDevil

The Plucky Brit

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

I'd like to say a ruthless FIB agent. I'd hate it if there was no antagonists and the story was all about achieving your goal of living life in a pad of luxury with cash galore. If not a cop, then certainly some criminal you come across. Let's just hope the reasoning for this antagonism isn't down to a matter of loyalty or betrayal such as GTA IV's story. I'd like it if they were enemies from start to finish.

CTCCoco
  • CTCCoco

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

Me.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

The World Has Turned and Left Me Here.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

I was thinking Godzilla makes a wild appearance and decides to team up with Mothra and Mecha Godzilla to destroy Los Santos.

It will most likely be the FIB who turn on Michael and his crew after using him and his skills for busting out that guy in "The Extraction". As soon as that happens Michael just keeps messing up their operations by doing more heists and getting away scot free.

Or, a high up FIB member is losing his/her credibility because they aren't capturing the trio.

ViceCityBestGame
  • ViceCityBestGame

I Don't Give A F*ck and A member of the Grand Wizards

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

Sam Houser

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 13:57)

Dan Houser knows better than anyone how not to reveal too much via interviews. He's one tight lipped son 'bitch & there's no way he'd drop a clanger that big, basically giving away a major plot point. Like you said, he was speaking figuratively. As in, these protagonists are closer to mission givers from previous GTA's, than they are traditional protagonists. Only Franklin (who is already doing well for himself) is like GTA protagonists of old.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (ViceCityBestGame @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 15:28)
Sam Houser

Well, he was in GTA III, Vice city and San Andreas. He could make a surprise guest appearance in V .

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Dullard

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

Like in every game, the police department. tounge.gif

Bigcountry
  • Bigcountry

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

The la suicidal.gif w FBI government suicidal.gif b

Tonzofun
  • Tonzofun

Your friendly-neighborhood getaway driver

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

Zombie Dimitri Rascalov biggrin.gif

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

Of course you're an antagonist, and you are also a bad guy, you rob banks for crying out loud. The thing is, does there have to be one?

These dudes rob banks. I don't really think that after a certain amount of time that a player will want to become an enemy of the other two. They probably considered that as a bad idea.

My thought is that this title is the funone. Everyone else is an antagonist, the cops, all members and so on.

As it goes there may be histories all three need to contend with separately and as a group.

But I think they want to maintain the switching system for replay value once the story arc has taken it's route.

What route. I really have no clue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users