Quantcast

» «
Photo

Sleeping Dogs

206 replies to this topic

Poll: Is Sleeping Dogs worth playing? (197 member(s) have cast votes)

Is Sleeping Dogs worth playing?

1. Yes (157 votes [85.79%])

Percentage of vote: 85.79%

2. No (26 votes [14.21%])

Percentage of vote: 14.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote
GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

It's an alright game so far. Actually reminds me a bit of True Crime: Streets of LA with the focus on the combat.

It's actually a descendant of True Crime. I used to love True Crime back in the days.. 

I could never finish True Crime;Streets of LA....

The boss fights were crazy hard.
That boss fight on the top of the US bank tower was the sh*t, took me 50 tries but I beat that general kim bitch. True Crime LA was truly a gem of game. great melee, good stealth, max payne shooting system , need for speed driving and a branching story in which your actions determined your path

Agreed i mean it was Cliché as f*ck and parts of the Storyline were just f*cking Stupid BUT the hand and gun combat was Brilliant Leagues above gta III And Vice City it was REALLY Underrated for its time. 

cholesterol
  • cholesterol

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:50 AM

One thing I want to know is where are the realistic paramedics I've heard so much about? I've been playing this game for a little over a week now and the paramedics never save anybody.

I really like this game so far though. The fighting system is superb and the driving is arcadey and fun. Hong Kong is really well designed and a real piece of eye candy, same thing with the character models. The physics, although primitive by GTA standards, are really wacky and fun. There are a good amount of bugs and glitches though, but I've grown accustom to those in open world games, plus none of them are really game breaking.

This game is definitely what the True Crime games aspired to be and it accomplishes that and then some.

Rewas
  • Rewas

To Derp or not to Derp....

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • Biggest Karma Whore Loser 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015
    3rd Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:18 AM

Paramedics never save people who were killed. I never even heard about it on the internet.

Sleeping Dogs was and still is one of my favourite GTA-clones. Combat is really good and driving is also good, although I'm not really into racing games, so I don't really know how to compare driving with other games. Plus, I mostly suck at driving.

My favourite feature is jumping from one car to another while driving. Never get tired from doing that. It has that ninja feel. :p

I still wish they'd add multiplayer though.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:43 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 17 March 2014 - 11:44 AM.

I got the game and at first it was great and all but after two weeks it got SO repeitive,and unfortunately i traded in that sh*t...and oh btw i didnt vote,it your choice if you like it or not and you might find it great,is the game good?Yes does it worth the money?no imo is it a great game?no.i think it the worst "GTA Clone" i have ever played alongside Mafia 2.I see why Activision dump it before SquareEnix bought the rights.But hey this is only my opinion,i guess other people will tell you it great :)

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

The funny part is I went over to my brother-in-laws house, he is in my GTA crew. I haven't played GTA since Next Gens came out. So I start to watch him play, when I relize he is playing Sleeping Dogs, not GTA. It must be an okay game.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:12 PM

The funny part is I went over to my brother-in-laws house, he is in my GTA crew. I haven't played GTA since Next Gens came out. So I start to watch him play, when I relize he is playing Sleeping Dogs, not GTA. It must be an okay game.

Lol tbh i though the same thing when i first bought the game then i was like"GTA in Hong Kong" tbh the only unique thing about that crap game was the fighting and environmental takedown everything else was a mix of GTA+AC+Just Cause+Max Payne+SR2.

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

That guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:20 PM

Don't worry about how some of the game mechanics look similar to other games, because none of that matters. For what it consists of, it's a pretty good game. I got it when it was free on ps+.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:32 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 17 March 2014 - 07:33 PM.

Don't worry about how some of the game mechanics look similar to other games, because none of that matters. For what it consists of, it's a pretty good game. I got it when it was free on ps+.

Lol i could have got the game when it was free on XBLM but no i was so stupid to spend almost 50 on a crap game.

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

That guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:37 PM

Lol i could have got the game when it was free on XBLM but no i was so stupid to spend almost 50 on a crap game.

Lol, it happens. I usually get a used copy to try it out, and if I don't like it, I return it within 7 days.

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:49 AM

This game is admittedly starting to grow on me, and my vote is "yes," but some of the posters in here are making it out to be more than what it actually is. 

I think Sleeping Dogs is a decent title with some consumable carnage and a nice motif. It's the 'denser' version of Just Cause 2.

The hand-to-hand combat is all it has on GTA and others in the open world genre. That ain't sayin' much; I'd call it a destitute fellow's Batman: Arkham City. There are some very satisfying environmental kills, but the combos aren't anything too intuitive and the action or 'flow' of fights have a tendency to feel a little contrived and sluggish as a whole. 

I cannot believe there are people in here saying it has a better story than GTA V. The plot of this game is so incredibly predictable  and does not live up to its massive thematic potential with its "Triad vs Cop" dilemmas. Ubisoft made improvements in the voice acting department by hiring some serious talent, but there are still small auditorial glimpses from the horrific mess that was JC2's vocal ensemble. 

Graphically, there's nothing good to say. A lot of pop-in and AA issues, vehicle models are iffy and lip syncing is pretty poor. I'd say on the same level if not a little worse than Saints Row. 

Driving isn't horrible, but it does fail to compare to GTA V. You'll think it's a joke the first time you're in a vehicle, but eventually you accept it as being so painfully average and inauthentic that driving around without banging things up becomes a breeze. 

Shooting sequences are straight forward and you shouldn't find yourself having any troubles with them. They include a bullet-time-like mechanic when popping out of cover, which can savor some otherwise vanilla gunfights. 

And finally, there's the map. It won't win any awards for size, but it feels about right. I've never been to Hong Kong, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone who has said the designers did a nice job capturing the defining elements of the town. 

I'd get it cheap if I were you. 

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:49 PM

Yay! We're getting a prettier version!
http://www.amazon.co...eeping dogs ps4

Andrew1980
  • Andrew1980

Rat

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

^^ Well, that was unexpected  :blink:

• BLOOD likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:34 PM

It's sad really if someone bought next gen console and now all he got are the ultimate/total/definitive rehashes of old games. Sure there were some rehashes on the premieres of Xbox 360 and PS3, but now half of the lineups for new consoles is the already played and completed games. Play it again, Sam?

• MadMugen and Aby like this

Aby
  • Aby

★ Sexualizer ★

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Biggest Like Whore 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Best New Member 2013

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

Yay! We're getting a prettier version!
http://www.amazon.co...eeping dogs ps4

WHYYYYYYYYY

:l

TheFunkyBunch
  • TheFunkyBunch

5 Ft 8 Of Pure Sexiness

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:37 AM

i fail to see why they are making a next gen remake  maybe to up the games Popularity before a sequel ?

either way its a really good game that blows its Over hyped half namesake watch dogs out of the water.

• MikeyBelic likes this

jimmyjonesy36546
  • jimmyjonesy36546

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:48 AM

Definitely one of the best "GTA clones". I enjoyed it immensely.
  • MikeyBelic likes this

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

never played this game before. might pick it up for PS4. 

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

I got this for free as part of a used game deal at gamestop. It's actually pretty good.

mandeep148
  • mandeep148

i want to kill human those are not human :egokiller

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

Have any one saw, Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition e3 trailer?
Mouth will stay open.

InfiniteTias
  • InfiniteTias

Trick

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:25 PM

Mouth will stay open.

Mouth will stay closed

• Peregrin Brandytook likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

Mouth will stay open.

I guess triad wars isn't coming out any time soon then

Aby
  • Aby

★ Sexualizer ★

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
    Most Improved 2014
    Best New Member 2013

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:44 PM

"Not actual gameplay."

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

Don't take life too seriously. You wont get out of it alive.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:54 PM

"Not actual gameplay."

No, my friend, you are wrong. These are new graphics available on PS4 and XBOX One ;)

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:56 PM

That's PC.

Aby
  • Aby

★ Sexualizer ★

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
    Most Improved 2014
    Best New Member 2013

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:01 PM

"Not actual gameplay."

No, my friend, you are wrong. These are new graphics available on PS4 and XBOX One ;)

Totally :O

Lol I just can't believe they made that trailer :L

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:03 PM Edited by browar25, 08 August 2014 - 09:08 PM.

That's PC.

Whatever ;)

Although I suppose it's a new high resolution oculus rift that makes graphics look so realistic :p

Zackyoung1
  • Zackyoung1

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:47 PM

So I just saw the crappy trailer for the Definitive Edition of sleeping dogs coming out for the PS4/XBone, and now I laugh cause it is going to compete with GTA V and I don't think that is wise. However I could care less about the sales, what I'm interested in is the graphics and other game features that will change. Now what I'm most interested is what we can expect and what I'm expecting is the same changes as GTA V and Tomb Raider Remastered Editions, which means sharper textures, better lighting, denser populations, and hopefully cool particle effects. What do you guys think, is a upgraded Sleeping Dogs worth it, I don't really think so cause personally sleeping dogs felt to awkward and the guns were crap along with the story.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:56 PM

It not an upgrade or anything,according to IGN and Gamespot it just them upscaling the game to 1080p with the additions of every dlcs just like **cough** The Last of Us **cough**

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:59 PM

just like **cough** The Last of Us **cough**

Was that even necessary? 

And it's not competing with GTA V, they saw that everyone and their mother are suddenly "remastering" their games to the current-gen consoles and are actually making some money off of it because of the lack of AAA titles so far.

While I'm against this idea, it'll help them on the long run, I don't mind replaying the game for the 3rd time.

• Payne Killer likes this

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:00 PM

Are they going to do it on PC, too?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users