Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is the city of Los Santos big enough for you?

39 replies to this topic

Poll: Based on what we've seen of the blueprint map, is the CITY of Los Santos big enough for you? (305 member(s) have cast votes)

Based on what we've seen of the blueprint map, is the CITY of Los Santos big enough for you?

1. Yes, it's the perfect size (roughly same size as LC). It's all the city I need. (137 votes [48.75%])

Percentage of vote: 48.75%

2. Yes, it's size is fine, but I would like more cities/towns. (91 votes [32.38%])

Percentage of vote: 32.38%

3. No, I would like Los Santos to be even bigger. (48 votes [17.08%])

Percentage of vote: 17.08%

4. No, it's too big already, I would like Los Santos to be smaller. (5 votes [1.78%])

Percentage of vote: 1.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote
MRDR
  • MRDR

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:57 AM Edited by MRDR, 27 July 2013 - 08:58 AM.

Remember, consider ONLY the city portion! Not the entire map, not the countryside. Just Los Santos proper.

Just a hypothesis of mine. People keep saying they think the map is small, but I really think they mean "the city is small". As for me, I like urban environments so I would like LS to be bigger. I know there will be small towns scattered throughout, but personally I don't find them as interesting.

EDIT: To those who say, "This is just speculation, we can't judge because we haven't played the game yet!", well obviously it's all speculation and obviously we haven't played the game yet. We've been given enough information to make a judgement on the size of LS. But according to that logic, nobody is allowed to discuss anything or give their opinion on anything, because nobody has played the game yet? Well we might as well shut the forums down until the 17th then.

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:15 AM

yes definitely

Fallout3
  • Fallout3

Cereal Killer

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:18 AM

It's fine for me but I kind of wish there were a few more skyscrapers. I mean, there are like, only 5.

MRDR
  • MRDR

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (Fallout3 @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 05:18)
It's fine for me but I kind of wish there were a few more skyscrapers. I mean, there are like, only 5.

I totally agree with you. Coming from IV which had an island full of skyscrapers, downtown Los Santos is a bit.. underwhelming. Of course LA isn't as vertical as NY in real life, so it's to be expected.

Moonwalker98
  • Moonwalker98

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:21 AM

it's completely fine.
But I wouldn't mind more cities or a bigger map at all.

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

Los Santos itself, being roughly the size of GTA IV's Liberty City, is more big enough IMO.

I don't see why anyone would be complaining about the size to be honest; and I'd prefer a smaller, more detailed and interesting urban environment over a larger urban environment that is very repetitive.

Lospuertafreeway
  • Lospuertafreeway

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:29 AM

LA pretty much has everything that the rest of the world put together has to offer.

unnepeve
  • unnepeve

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:29 AM

But honestly, I cant tell until I have played the game and seen the final map.
Yes they have showed as glimpse of the map but I'm skeptical.

trcsAZ
  • trcsAZ

Mr. Navy

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

No vote cause how can I say one way or the other without playing the game? Some of these threads are hilarious

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (trcsAZ @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 23:49)
No vote cause how can I say one way or the other without playing the game? Some of these threads are hilarious

i agree with this. i have no clue how people can sit there and complain about the map size, or the people who try to justify it.... until we actually PLAY the game, its all speculation. and the people start to argue and fight because they think their ideas are right and others are wrong..... its just like religion really.

JuankAirPilot
  • JuankAirPilot

playboyXkilled2pac

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

No....but it'll do.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

Any bigger would be extremely annoying, it's the perfect size

PHOENIXZERO
  • PHOENIXZERO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

No vote until I see it for real and not based on estimates that may or may not be accurate. Though currently it's looking like it'll be fine in terms of landmass, bigger than LC's.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

I started a topic a while ago similar to this. In that one I was asking if the size of Liberty City is a perfect size for a city in GTA before it becomes too big and stale.

So, to me, LS being about 20-30% bigger than LC (according to multiple comparisons in Los Santos Size thread), is just the right size.. maybe I wouldn't mind even a bit more, but this seems like a fine size for a GTA city.

CACorey
  • CACorey

Dicks for Jock

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

It's HUGE! Los Santos itself is plenty of city for me. What I'd like is the inclusion of some element of the San Fernando Valley and one other good-sized SoCal populace, like a Santa Barbara or Long Beach.

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

no ones played the game so these are all guesses based on screenshots and trailers!

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

The size looks perfect, but we'll have to wait and play the game for ourselves.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

Los Santos, although a bit bigger than Liberty City, will feel a bit smaller because you don't need to cross any bridges to get from point A to point B. You can drive straight across the city, unlike Liberty City where you have to find the bridges/Booth Tunnel to get across the map.

However, I believe Los Santos will make better use of the city. Be honest, who ever went to Alderney, especially the southern portion?

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

Keep in mind tho that we will probably have a lot of interiors in V so it will make the city feel more alive.

IV was big but it felt dead and what's the point of such a large city when it's basically all for show?

Don't get me wrong, I hope LS will be big but I think that is something we have to wait and see for ourselves before we judge.

RonDutch
  • RonDutch

Anarchy 99 Holland @SocialClub

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

It depends how much there is around Los santos i think.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (Moonwalker98 @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 05:21)
it's completely fine.
But I wouldn't mind more cities or a bigger map at all.

icon14.gif

another city or two would be very very nice of R* hint hint nudge nudge wink wink

ozzsoad
  • ozzsoad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

I had enough city in GTA IV, I'll probably spend most of my time outside of Los Santos, at least when not playing missions.

Conal123
  • Conal123

The Irish Brigade

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

People are saying "Oh its perfect for me" and "Any bigger and it would p*ss me off". Im sure in 6 months time when the game is out a while they will stop defending ever little fuc*ing thing. Trying to make out as if the city if perfect. There are no more than 5 sky scrapers!There should be atleast 10. It does seem abit small. Just my opinion...

Hellomynameis
  • Hellomynameis

Hawt Stuff

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (Fail_At_GTA @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 09:59)
Los Santos, although a bit bigger than Liberty City, will feel a bit smaller because you don't need to cross any bridges to get from point A to point B. You can drive straight across the city, unlike Liberty City where you have to find the bridges/Booth Tunnel to get across the map.

However, I believe Los Santos will make better use of the city. Be honest, who ever went to Alderney, especially the southern portion?

I went to Alderney plenty of times. Especially for the Plumbers Skyway: the best strip of road in the game, if you ask me.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (Hellomynameis @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 23:27)
QUOTE (Fail_At_GTA @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 09:59)
Los Santos, although a bit bigger than Liberty City, will feel a bit smaller because you don't need to cross any bridges to get from point A to point B.  You can drive straight across the city, unlike Liberty City where you have to find the bridges/Booth Tunnel to get across the map.

However, I believe Los Santos will make better use of the city.  Be honest, who ever went to Alderney, especially the southern portion?

I went to Alderney plenty of times. Especially for the Plumbers Skyway: the best strip of road in the game, if you ask me.

I never went there. I felt that place was a useless city and they could of just put a small countryside to LC instead.

boyfromeast1
  • boyfromeast1

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

whats the point of wanting city to be smaller ? cant understand those people confused.gif

L0UDM0UTH
  • L0UDM0UTH

Too Handsome for this sh*t

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

Nothing and I mean NOTHING will ruin my undying hype for this game. The map could have been bigger, more skyscrapers or whatever, but we haven't even seen the whole city yet. Los Santos is not a direct copy of Los Angeles, it's also based on surrounding areas, which are not all chocked full of towers.

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:02 AM

LS's size is fine with me. I'm disappointed by the size of the surrounding area. Of course, that's assuming that those fan-made maps are accurate.

CSM. HB J-DOGG
  • CSM. HB J-DOGG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:02 AM

I felt it was small at first but was keeping a open mind. After reading almost every page in the LS city size threads and seeing the comparisons, how those guys in that thread determined through scales that LS will be about 10-20 % bigger than LC with the bridges I am happy with the size. The interiors will also help.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Nobs4Lyf

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

The map is massive, and los santos looks huge as hell. The map could be the size of Vice City and I'd still love every single minute of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users