Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which type of criminal organization most appeals

150 replies to this topic

Poll: Which type of organizaton do you like best (509 member(s) have cast votes)

Which type of organizaton do you like best

1. Street gang (143 votes [29.79%])

Percentage of vote: 29.79%

2. Outlaw MC (48 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. Mafia/Mob (237 votes [49.38%])

Percentage of vote: 49.38%

4. Other (52 votes [10.83%])

Percentage of vote: 10.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:06 PM Edited by Official General, 10 January 2014 - 04:21 PM.

@General

I've always said I'd love a Frank Lucas type of guy in GTA. I haven't read up much on him, but having seen American Gangster many times, I think it would work great in the game.

And I may just watch that documentary you suggested. Regardless of my personal opinions on all that 'hood stuff, I still enjoy a good crime doc.

You watch it and it should change your view of gangs from the hood, and it's brilliant. Not referring to you, but many people just don't know how really organized and sophisticated these guys are, they just think they know about them through music and movies, when there is much more to them than that. Most of those typically loud and visible gangbangers in the street you like to ridicule or dismiss are just expendable foot soldiers or drug runners. You need to see past all the oversized clothes, obvious colors and saggy pants image. The guys pulling the strings in these street gangs are very powerful and fearsome figures that mean serious business. You should also watch The Wire too, that will give you a much better understanding of how that street gangsta stuff really works. 

What I really like about street gangs being in GTA, is that the crazy gun violence openly played out in the streets suits them much more in a realistic way than most other criminal groups, and it's something which i find thrilling and exciting. There is much greater element of instant danger and death, and more explosive episodes of violence in the real world of street gangs than compared to that of the Mafia and other crime groups - the Mafia very rarely even order hits these days, let alone have gang wars. 

I really wanted to GTA V to focus on Hispanic street gangs and Mexican drug cartels, that was what I wanted from the start. I would have loved to see a typical Southern Cali, Sureno-Cartel style connection theme in the game, that would been incredible. 

@ HonestOG556

Replayed GTA III last year, was disappointed by the lack of Mafia

This was discussed many times before GTA V came out. I knew Mafia lovers were gonna be disappointed because the Italian-American Mafia have very little to no presence at all in the LA criminal underworld. Gangland LA is all about Hispanic, Black (and some Asian) street gangs, Mexican drug cartels,  Armenian crime groups,Triads, and to a lesser extent, Russian Mob. A heavy Mafia presence in Los Santos just don't fit and it won't feel right in line with reality, like it did GTA IV's Liberty City (as the Mafia are still strong in NYC). 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users