Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which type of criminal organization most appeals

150 replies to this topic

Poll: Which type of organizaton do you like best (509 member(s) have cast votes)

Which type of organizaton do you like best

1. Street gang (143 votes [29.79%])

Percentage of vote: 29.79%

2. Outlaw MC (48 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. Mafia/Mob (237 votes [49.38%])

Percentage of vote: 49.38%

4. Other (52 votes [10.83%])

Percentage of vote: 10.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote
I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

I've always liked the vibe of street gang life.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (natethegreatforlife @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 23:15)
I've always liked the vibe of street gang life.

more then professional/mafia life

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

As someone who finds the business side of crime very interesting, I pick the Mafia. They also have a kind of history and mystique that no other crime group in America has, even if their glory days are long past.

Of course, in the context of Grand Theft Auto, street gangs are very fun. I never get tired of busting Ballas.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

As someone who finds the business side of crime very interesting, I pick the Mafia. They also have a kind of history and mystique that no other crime group in America has, even if their glory days are long past.

Of course, in the context of Grand Theft Auto, street gangs are very fun. I never get tired of busting Ballas.

Thanks for resurrecting a dead topic. 

Yeah, I have to agree with you. The Mafia are cool. I dislike the idiots such as Rocco. He was just simply a fool. I didn't like him nor his attitude. I just wanted to curb-kick his skull in half.

thesmileys
  • thesmileys

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

What about Skinheads?

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

Definitely the mafia. Out of the three they're the ones making the most money.

Peck R. Wood
  • Peck R. Wood

rural crime lord & pastor

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

Rural (dis)organized crime it's sure fun and quite new for videogaming. I wish they'd focused more on Blaine county clans like the O'Neils instead of the Lost MC. After TLAD I got tired of the bikers.

Second to that the contemporary American branch of La Cosa Nostra it's more interesting and appealing than any 1930s-themed gangster stuff.
I find fascinating what is still the same rather that what has changed. Wiseguys who are 2nd, 3rd even 4th generation Italian. Ala Sopranos.

Like others have said the beauty of GTA is that it features all layers of the underworld...even if not this time around...what a shame.

ESClassic
  • ESClassic

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

I personally love all the criminal organization in all the gta series. I typically lean more towards the street gangs but without the rest, like said before, would be boring.

Gta v is a good game, but honestly, the presence of these organizations along with their involvement in missions or outside of mission is little to none. Which turned me off being that these criminal organizations are what I look forward to most in all gta games since day one.
  • Peck R. Wood likes this

Peck R. Wood
  • Peck R. Wood

rural crime lord & pastor

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

Skins are featured.

They spawn in the same scrapyard where the Armenians are usually "segregated" (scarpyard in Las Puerta).

I dunno when exactly do they appear insted of the Armenians...I went once and found these skinny caucasians. If provoked they turn violent just like any other gang.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

I personally love all the criminal organization in all the gta series. I typically lean more towards the street gangs but without the rest, like said before, would be boring.

Gta v is a good game, but honestly, the presence of these organizations along with their involvement in missions or outside of mission is little to none. Which turned me off being that these criminal organizations are what I look forward to most in all gta games since day one.

This  :^:

This was one major reason as to why I loved GTA IV's story. The rich variety of crime groups to encounter and deal with in that game was incredible. 

I just lean towards whatever gangs and organized crime groups are very relevant to the setting of that particular GTA game. But I'm with you on what you stated about GTA V. One of my biggest turn-offs about the game was the very low amount of dealings with criminal organizations and gangs in the game, because like you, that is normally what I look forward to the most, I always have done since first playing GTA.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:28 PM

For me, it has to be the Italian mafia. Its rich history and the amount of power it managed to accumulate at its height is second to none. I also think the Colombian cartels of the 70's and 80's hold a great deal of interest for me - as do the Asian syndicates like the Triads/Yakuza/etc. Then again, all of these types of chosen enterprises are great for that genre of video games/movies, especially with R* going into the biggest criminal organisation on the planet - the US government!

The only form of gangsters I struggle to get on board with are these dumbass's who walk around the streets in brightly-coloured XXXXXL clothes, and try to claim they're a serious criminal organisation. I just can't take it seriously nor respect it. Apologies if this offends anybody.

ESClassic
  • ESClassic

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

For me, it has to be the Italian mafia. Its rich history and the amount of power it managed to accumulate at its height is second to none. I also think the Colombian cartels of the 70's and 80's hold a great deal of interest for me - as do the Asian syndicates like the Triads/Yakuza/etc. Then again, all of these types of chosen enterprises are great for that genre of video games/movies, especially with R* going into the biggest criminal organisation on the planet - the US government!

The only form of gangsters I struggle to get on board with are these dumbass's who walk around the streets in brightly-coloured XXXXXL clothes, and try to claim they're a serious criminal organisation. I just can't take it seriously nor respect it. Apologies if this offends anybody.

I enjoy the mafia base too. This time around I would've love to see more on the cartels because their involvement in criminal underground are at a high and would prove to be a good story. Smuggling, trafficing, assassinations etc. they have their hands in so much it unstoppable.

As far as the "street gang" comment (no offense taken) I understand why someone would n

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:35 PM Edited by Official General, 08 January 2014 - 10:55 PM.

Well you must have respected it at one point, because you admitted on here before that when you were younger, you once used to dress like them, and wanna act and be like them. Now you are "grown-up" you can't take it seriously, (yeah I get it, you're just ashamed that you were once a wannabe gangsta in your youth). I take no offence though, it's your personal taste.

But don't act like you know a lot about street gangs, when it's clear that you don't, based on your sweeping generalizations. 

R* going into the biggest criminal organisation on the planet - the US government!

Which turned into a big borefest indeed. The truth was, most people wanted to see gang and hood action instead of that bullsh*t, and you know it, hence the mass of complaints about V on the issue of the small amount of it. 

I definitely love the Mafia involvement in GTA series though. Hence why I love VC and GTA IV's storylines. 

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

Well you must have respected it at one point, because you admitted on here before that when you were younger, you once used to dress like them, and wanna act and be like them. I take no offence though, it's your personal taste.

R* going into the biggest criminal organisation on the planet - the US government!

Which turned into a big borefest indeed. The truth was, most people wanted to see gang and hood action instead of that bullsh*t, and you know it, hence the mass of complaints about V on the issue of the small amount of it. 

I definitely love the Mafia involvement in GTA series though. Hence why I love VC and GTA IV's storylines. 

why....... ? another gang story would be kind of bland since we had it before

i like you general, but sometimes it seems like you want rockstar to turn gta into a crime simulator or something

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:41 PM Edited by Official General, 08 January 2014 - 10:45 PM.

i like you general, but sometimes it seems like you want rockstar to turn gta into a crime simulator or something

Really ?? You really just said this ??

What the f**k do you think GTA is supposed to be mister ? Looool come on, don't play dumb ! I

And I did not say I wanted another gangsta-centered story in GTA V. If I did, I would have wanted a mix of Hispanic Chicano gangs and Mexican drug cartels (in fact that was what i wanted in V the whole time). 

But going back to reality, I just wanted a decent amount of gang/hood action for Franklin's part of the game, not the whole game. I've stated this many times. And it just was not enough, nowhere near it. 

• sakurablossom likes this

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

What the f**k do you think GTA is supposed to be mister ? Looool come on, don't play dumb ! I

GTA 5 is an open world action adventure game with criminal elements....... 

their is a difference between that and a pure simulator

its like the difference between Call of Duty and ARMA

one is more of an arcade game, while the other one is a military simulator, but both have military themes

GTA is not a simulator, its more arcadey then anything

• Lucchese likes this

ESClassic
  • ESClassic

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

I enjoy the mafia base too. This time around I would've love to see more on the cartels because their involvement in criminal underground are at a high and would prove to be a good story. Smuggling, trafficing, assassinations etc. they have their hands in so much it unstoppable.

As far as the "street gang" comment (no offense taken) I understand why someone would not agree with the appearance and the way most act because there is a lot of ignorance within some o these groups which can be annoying, BUT. There are major street gangs that take part and have the hands on a good amount of criminal activities just like the previous crime groups stated. These major street gangs a lot of times know te ins and outs on law enforcement, they use the neighborhood locations against whoever is not familiar with it, connections with a lot of criminal groups.....etc etc. for those who like SONS OF ANARCHY, then I suggest u watch THE WIRE. It'll give u insight on just how creative these "street gangs" really are.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

@General

Well you must have respected it at one point, because you admitted on here before that when you were younger, you once used to dress like them, wanna act and be like them

Er, where exactly did I say this? :/

Now you are "grown-up" 

^Key words right there.

Which turned into a big borefest indeed

That's just your opinion.

The truth was, most people wanted to see gang and hood action

Er, that's not the truth. Far from it actually.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

one is more of an arcade game, while the other one is a military simulator, but both have military themes

Greenrock speaks the truth.

BTW: Go Arma! Great series. 

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

As far as the "street gang" comment (no offense taken) I understand why someone would not agree with the appearance and the way most act because there is a lot of ignorance within some o these groups which can be annoying, BUT. There are major street gangs that take part and have the hands on a good amount of criminal activities just like the previous crime groups stated. These major street gangs a lot of times know te ins and outs on law enforcement, they use the neighborhood locations against whoever is not familiar with it, connections with a lot of criminal groups.....etc etc. for those who like SONS OF ANARCHY, then I suggest u watch THE WIRE. It'll give u insight on just how creative these "street gangs" really are.

Yeah, as I've explained to Official General thousands of times before, I'm not denying there's many, many black gangsters who've made it big time, and like to keep things low key. As I said, my grievance lie's with those idiots who walk around in ihose bright oversized clothes - not exactly keeing things low key, is it?

Best comment I think I've ever seen greenrock make! 

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:54 PM Edited by Official General, 09 January 2014 - 05:43 PM.

Yeah, as I've explained to Official General thousands of times before, I'm not denying there's many, many black gangsters who've made it big time, and like to keep things low key. As I said, my grievance lie's with those idiots who walk around in ihose bright oversized clothes - not exactly keeing things low key, is it?

@ niko bellic

You know what, as much as I like to rattle your cage (sometimes you deserve it), I will show you a little bit of respect for this comment. It seems that you are knowledgeable enough to understand that that there many powerful black criminal organizations in the USA that are not necessarily centered on riff-raff, street gang culture. But I will add that I've never heard you state this to me. This is the first time I've ever heard you say this. 

Those gangsta's you ridicule are normally nothing more than ghetto kids being recruited at the lowest level looking up to the older, smarter OGs and being recruited by them as foot soldiers or low-level drug runners. When I mean kids, I'm talking about from 12 up to the age of 17. Yeah you can't take them seriously by just thinking about it, but my friend, they are very real and very dangerous, regardless of how silly they look, or how they sound. These kids are like child soldiers in Africa, they are trained killers and hustlers in the ghetto from a very young age. It's easy to sit in a safe zone and talk about them like that or dismiss them, but when your facing them, it's a different story. I've been to ghettos in America, I've seen those gangsta kids on the block, and I can tell you now - those gangsta kids you label as stupid, are not something you take lightly and that's the truth. And not all of them are stupid as you think. Those gang members in LA don't always need to act low key, because in LA, street gangs have much more control over their turf than in say somewhere like New York City. Police won't even go in those hoods without an army. Those gangs can act however they want within their confines, and they know it, hence why they are so brazen and open about it.  

Watch the Gangland documentary about the Gangster Disciples of Chicago and tell me what you think. After I watched that I saw some of the street gangstas in much different light. Trust me, they are not all dumb and unorganized, a lot of myths get smashed in this documentary. 

HonestOG556
  • HonestOG556

Crackpot

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:07 AM

Replayed GTA III last year, was disappointed by the lack of Mafia. Bought "Mafia - The City of Lost Heaven", was fully satisfied. It's an excellent game which aside from the old graphics, still feels pretty fresh. What I think is fascinating for me regarding the Mafia is the military conduct given by the omerta, the ingenuity regarding business opportunities and the coldblooded way of solving difficult problems. I watched quite a lot of documentaries on the Mafia recently and can suggest anyone interested to watch the episodes of "The Mafia's Greatest Hits". It's a series focusing upon various personalities of the American Mafia operating mainly from 1930-1980.

Haven't played Mafia II yet, but planning on doing so this year. The guys from 2K Czech are also currently working on Mafia III, even received some advisory services from Rockstar in order to better organize their resources.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:08 AM

And I did not say I wanted another gangsta-centered story in GTA V. If I did, I would have wanted a mix of Hispanic Chicano gangs and Mexican drug cartels (in fact that was what i wanted in V the whole time). 

But going back to reality, I just wanted a decent amount of gang/hood action for Franklin's part of the game, not the whole game. I've stated this many times. And it just was not enough, nowhere near it. 

Replayed GTA III last year, was disappointed by the lack of Mafia. Bought "Mafia - The City of Lost Heaven", was fully satisfied. It's an excellent game which aside from the old graphics, still feels pretty fresh. What I think is fascinating for me regarding the Mafia is the military conduct given by the omerta, the ingenuity regarding business opportunities and the coldblooded way of solving difficult problems. I watched quite a lot of documentaries on the Mafia recently and can suggest anyone interested to watch the episodes of "The Mafia's Greatest Hits". It's a series focusing upon various personalities of the American Mafia operating mainly from 1930-1980.

Haven't played Mafia II yet, but planning on doing so this year. The guys from 2K Czech are also currently working on Mafia III, even received some advisory services from Rockstar in order to better organize their resources.

will Mafia 3 still follow the Italian Mob?

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:25 AM

Need I say more?

HonestOG556
  • HonestOG556

Crackpot

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:37 AM

will Mafia 3 still follow the Italian Mob?

Probably, seeing how the first and second game did so. The Italo-American Mafia was still a big player until the mid of the 80s. So there are still a lot of stories to tell.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:57 AM

A street gang consisting of nothing but white suburban kids who played too many video games.

airsoft%2Bwars.JPG

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:07 AM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 09 January 2014 - 01:07 AM.

@General

I've always said I'd love a Frank Lucas type of guy in GTA. I haven't read up much on him, but having seen American Gangster many times, I think it would work great in the game.

And I may just watch that documentary you suggested. Regardless of my personal opinions on all that 'hood stuff, I still enjoy a good crime doc.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Happy 1st Birthday GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:08 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 09 January 2014 - 01:15 AM.

I voted Others(i am a minority),Yeah on topic,i vote Others because of:
1.The Heists-Crimd Theme (GTA 5) which is a new organised crime
2.Immigrant and the Crimimal Ladder(GTA 4) i love it,even though it been done to death.but GTA always make it fresh.
Plus GTA is the #1 Crime Openworld Game Franchise selling 150ml copies worldwide since it inception in 1997 and the 5th best-selling game franchise of all time. the name says it-GRAND THEFT AUTO

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:16 AM

romanian mafia

neo nazis

al quaida

muslim brotherhood

ndrangheta

illumanati

jewish bankers

insane clown posse

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:58 AM

None. and All. dependong on Rockstar's approach. some street gangs have been good, others terrible, and same with the rest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users