Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which type of criminal organization most appeals

150 replies to this topic

Poll: Which type of organizaton do you like best (509 member(s) have cast votes)

Which type of organizaton do you like best

1. Street gang (143 votes [29.79%])

Percentage of vote: 29.79%

2. Outlaw MC (48 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. Mafia/Mob (237 votes [49.38%])

Percentage of vote: 49.38%

4. Other (52 votes [10.83%])

Percentage of vote: 10.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Silentype
  • Silentype

Lone wolf

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (matsix @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 21:04)
When it comes down to it, in reality, street gangs are just a bunch of low life idiots with guns.
Motorcycle gangs are a bunch of old people going through their midlife crisis.
Crooked cops and etc are also a bunch of idiots throwing away a good opportunity in life.

Mafia has always seemed like the one organization that just seemed real and smart. They are not idiots
and are always organized. They're just badass and know how to handle things the correct way.

You forgot to put in there that the italian mob are for the most part uneducated, and unintelligent thugs but nobody ever looks deep into these things, if you realized that most criminals across the board aren't the most educated or intelligent individuals then you wouldn't have said the nonsense you just said. Now if your referring to street smarts that's a completely different matter.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (Silentype @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 16:40)
When it comes down to it, in reality, street gangs are just a bunch of low life idiots with guns.
Crooked cops and etc are also a bunch of idiots throwing away a good opportunity in life.

Mafia has always seemed like the one organization that just seemed real and smart. They are not idiots
and are always organized. They're just badass and know how to handle things the correct way.

You forgot to put in there that the italian mob are for the most part uneducated, and unintelligent thugs but nobody ever looks deep into these things, if you realized that most criminals across the board aren't the most educated or intelligent individuals then you wouldn't have said the nonsense you just said. Now if your referring to street smarts that's a completely different matter.

Exactly. Most people seem to forget that the reason mafia are involved with criminal actives is because of their lack of education and opportunities, same goes for street gangs. A lot of people on this forum just prefer the mob because they're white and wear suits (hence the love for Michael).

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:05 AM

Lool look at this guy lol.gif

You do realize that the Italian-American Mafia is not as powerful or influential as it used to be right ? You know why ? Because of successful assaults from law enforcement resulting mass convictions due to many Mafia members messing up, turning informant and state witness against each other, feuding with each other and killing each other off.

Always organized, badass and know how to handle things the correct way right ? sarcasm.gif

DJ_McLovin
  • DJ_McLovin

Twilight is best pony

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:38 AM

White collar crime FTW

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 17:05)

You do realize that the Italian-American Mafia is not as powerful or influential as it used to be right ? You know why ? Because of successful assaults from law enforcement resulting mass convictions due to many Mafia members messing up, turning informant and state witness against each other, feuding with each other and killing each other off.

Always organized, badass and know how to handle things the correct way right ? sarcasm.gif

I think something we need to understand is the majority of the users on this forum are primarily white living in suburbs or a European country with not nearly the racial diversity we have here in the U.S. Because of this, most of the users here are only exposed to crime through movies and TV. Hollywood has a way glamorizing the mob (The Godfather, Sopranos, etc.) and portraying blacks as unintelligent petty criminals. A lot of them are ignorant to the actual history of these organizations and just take everything from what they see in the movies. For instance, they probably are unaware that Italians were actually discriminated here in the U.S. when they first started arriving and began most of their crime on the streets, just like street gangs. After a few years of assimilation and reaching "white" status in America, they were finally able to commit crimes in a much more lowkey fashion and were able to get away with a lot more than blacks or Latinos, which is why minorities traditionally haven't had a big mafia component like the Italians or Irish. People complain that they don't want black criminals because they're not rich and classy and stuff, well that's the reality of the situation. They don't realize that a black man can't even walk down the street in America without being questioned by the police, much less run a criminal enterprise with no police interference.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

I favor masterminds, not strongarms. Because the White Collar criminals control everything. Even the mafia, street gangs, and motorcycle clubs.

A big wad of cash and a sliver tongue can beat out ANYTHING.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (GTAVTheHeat @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 17:48)
I favor masterminds, not strongarms. Because the White Collar criminals control everything. Even the mafia, street gangs, and motorcycle clubs.

A big wad of cash and a sliver tongue can beat out ANYTHING.

Being a white-collar criminal in GTA would be really, really boring.

ACR
  • ACR

Finger f*ck bitches with Freddy Krueger gloves on.

• Members
  • China

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:06 AM

Mexican cartels. Who else got their own special forces death squads? rampage_ani.gif

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (golf wang @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 01:42)

I think something we need to understand is the majority of the users on this forum are primarily white living in suburbs or a European country with not nearly the racial diversity we have here in the U.S. Because of this, most of the users here are only exposed to crime through movies and TV. Hollywood has a way glamorizing the mob (The Godfather, Sopranos, etc.) and portraying blacks as unintelligent petty criminals. A lot of them are ignorant to the actual history of these organizations and just take everything from what they see in the movies. For instance, they probably are unaware that Italians were actually discriminated here in the U.S. when they first started arriving and began most of their crime on the streets, just like street gangs. After a few years of assimilation and reaching "white" status in America, they were finally able to commit crimes in a much more lowkey fashion and were able to get away with a lot more than blacks or Latinos, which is why minorities traditionally haven't had a big mafia component like the Italians or Irish. People complain that they don't want black criminals because they're not rich and classy and stuff, well that's the reality of the situation. They don't realize that a black man can't even walk down the street in America without being questioned by the police, much less run a criminal enterprise with no police interference.

@ golf wang

Great minds think alike. You speak the truth and your thoughts are mine exactly icon14.gif

You are certainly a guy who knows what he's talking about. You definitely know your sh*t when it comes to this subject. Yeah I don't see how being a purely white collar criminal protagonist would work in GTA, that would be very boring indeed. Imagine Donald Love as a protagonist ? Committing crimes like check fraud or investment scams in comparison to gang shootouts and drug deals ? Nah, no thanks, I'm sticking with the hardcore street sh*t, that's way more fun.

@ GTAVTheHeat

Lool you are another dreamer, you watch too many Hollywood movies it's plain to see. Your deludued mind seems to really believe that white-collar criminal masterminds are simply born that way. Most start from the bottom as petty, lowlife common criminals and thugs - Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, Carlo Gambino, John Gotti, Vincent Gigante, they all started out that way. Top mob bosses, wealthy with huge legal as well as illegal empires too.

matsix
  • matsix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:28 AM

God damn you people are idiots. As if you actually were a part of the mafia, or bloods, or crips. You act like you know everything.
I used to live in a ghetto area, so no I'm not some random white guy living in the beautiful suburbs.

What I was trying to say is that although the mafia isn't still around, they still were organized and more smart than
the other idiotic street gangs. I wasn't saying they were the smartest people in the world because they obviously
weren't otherwise they'd be doing something other than selling drugs and alcohol, which was illegal at the time.

You try and make yourself out to be like you know so much about the way gangs are yet you're sitting on these
forums talking about video games and being a virtual criminal. I wouldn't be surprised if you were a couple of mr. rodgers
living in your perfect suburban house behind a computer screen.

MovieGuy786
  • MovieGuy786

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:41 AM

I don't know something seems to be missing. What about domestic groups like the ultra left Black panthers, or those anti Fur fanatics, or the ultra Right wing militia groups that exist in California. It would be cool to explore those groups in GTA since they are technically considered. Criminal.

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

for los santos....... it has to be f*cking street gangs smh, they dominate real life LA, so they should dominate LS too the italian mafia is nonexistant in cali, but they do have the mexican mafia, but even they need street gangs to survive , its a mutual relationship

marko dash
  • marko dash

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:56 AM

i'll pick the mafia, they had class, or at least more class than any of the others.

and according to a few fairly distant relations on my grandfathers side, the italian-american mafia is still alive in the northeast, just a lot quieter than it used to be.

cody7799
  • cody7799

ES-RP V Officer

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

I went other. California is the second highest Asian state in the US after Hawaii. Let's see a Yakuza or a Triad. And not a street gang. Those types of groups are usually large scale and run themselves atop a number of legitimate businesses and operations.

Hitmanboss
  • Hitmanboss

drugged giraffe

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE (matsix @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 03:28)
God damn you people are idiots. As if you actually were a part of the mafia, or bloods, or crips. You act like you know everything.
I used to live in a ghetto area, so no I'm not some random white guy living in the beautiful suburbs.

What I was trying to say is that although the mafia isn't still around, they still were organized and more smart than
the other idiotic street gangs. I wasn't saying they were the smartest people in the world because they obviously
weren't otherwise they'd be doing something other than selling drugs and alcohol, which was illegal at the time.

You try and make yourself out to be like you know so much about the way gangs are yet you're sitting on these
forums talking about video games and being a virtual criminal. I wouldn't be surprised if you were a couple of mr. rodgers

What does sitting on the forums talking about video games have to do with knowledge on the workings of criminal factions? It's not like they're gang members, i've seen plenty of his posts in the past, he does his research and he seems to know what he's talking about. So you lived in the ghetto before, i live in the ghetto right now but i don't base the gangs in my area off of all the street gangs in the USA because i haven't seen them all, some street gangs are different, some actually have more influence or are more organized.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (matsix @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 19:28)

First off, my post wasn't directly targeted at you. I was just describing the general demographic of this forum. Secondly, I'm not trying to come off as conceited or egotistical, but I've done a fair amount of research with regards to crime and racial history in the United States and I know for a fact that a large number of people in the V forum aren't aware of all the factors involved with crime in America. Most people on here automatically assume the mafia is smart and classy because that's how Hollywood has portrayed them for the most part. Like I said, the movies never show the full history of the mafia and how they started out as street gangs. The main reason Italians and Irish crime is done on a much more quiet level is because white Americans can easily "hide in plain sight". They can buy a business and use it as a front and keep it under control. The way the justice system is set up in America is that blacks are overwhelmingly given harsher, longer sentences for committing the same crime as a white person does. This puts them at an extreme disadvantage for setting up any type of organized criminal empire, it's damn near impossible for them achieve that due to various socioeconomic factors. Also, a lot of people are living in some kind of fantasy world where the mafia still has a lot of power, but the truth be told, their power is limited in the US nowadays due to many successful FBI operations during the 1970s, as Official General mentioned earlier in this thread. Many V forum users' only exposure to black culture is through Lil Wayne music videos and such, and they associate Lil Wayne with black criminals, which in fact makes no sense since Lil Wayne is not gangsta rap at all. I would venture to say that most rap music of today doesn't accurately represent the realities of street gangs, and that is a common misconception held here on these forums. In short, many V fourm users are stuck in a fantasy world where the mafia still runs all crime in America, but the reality is street gangs are now involved with most major organized in the United States. In fact, it is well known that Mexican street gangs like 18th Street have very strong ties to the Mexican mafia and various Mexican cartels. The point is, crime has changed in America since the 1970s. The mafia is no longer the most powerful criminal organization, and gangs like MS-13 are now worldwide. Unfortunately, too many members still believe that stuff like Godfather, Goodfellas, Sopranos, etc. still happen on a large scale today, when in fact it doesn't.

EDIT: @Offical general: It's good to see someone around here gets what I'm trying to say icon14.gif Thanks for the support bro.

luckyshot666
  • luckyshot666

Badfella

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

The truth is that street gangs these days are more sophisticated and they are involved in white collar crimes. Some gangs have clear structure, street gangs are not the same what they were in 90's. Mafia members are not necessarily "smart", buy tickets to Italy and see for yourself, it is wiser to recruit dumb muscle than someone with brains. Members at top of the pyramid are the bright ones, (don, advisers, etc.) was it the mafia or street gangs.

I find "others", crooked cops, heist posses etc. most appealing.

Someone said Hells Angels are legitimate club, my father did hang out with Hells Angels, they are pretty smart actually, they try to keep up image of 99% motorcycle club and they have done it well because RICO act has not caused much impact at them at all, unlike in Italian American mafia which is dying. In my country there has been many news about Hells Angels, great Nordic biker war took many casualities, Angels stole RPG7 from Swedish military barracks and blew up their rival's clubhouse. Couple of years back there was two separate incidents there they dismembered civilians and put them in garbage bags and couple of months ago there was big SWAT raid in their clubhouse, there was also a big trial which the angels won because system = garbage. They are dominating type of criminal organizations in Nordic countries.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (luckyshot666 @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 03:03)
The truth is that street gangs these days are more sophisticated and they are involved in white collar crimes. Some gangs have clear structure, street gangs are not the same what they were in 90's. Mafia members are not necessarily "smart", buy tickets to Italy and see for yourself, it is wiser to recruit dumb muscle than someone with brains. Members at top of the pyramid are the bright ones, (don, advisers, etc.) was it the mafia or street gangs.

This is very true. But like I said earlier in my previous post, many members believe everything they see in Hollywood's glamorization of the mob and are ignorant to what's actually going on in the criminal world.

Silentype
  • Silentype

Lone wolf

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

I hear you on that, but there have been black organized criminals/crime bosses, even in the early 1900's(teddy roe, bumpy johnson to name a few) and yes the system of the u.s. was more so against them making it much harder than for an italian, but they did the suit and tie organized crime thing too.

Another thing people don't realize is that the government of the u.s./fbi itself didn't want black people organizing legitimately/politically(not unlike the slave masters.) because they assumed/rationalized that it would've been 1 of the biggest threats,(particularly the black panther party) and even stated it as such, and they did everything in their power to make sure that didn't happen and if you look at the jeff forts and larry hoovers who were gang leaders that commanded 1000's of men and affected local politics it's not hard to see why.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (Silentype @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 03:32)

I hear you on that, but there have been black organized criminals/crime bosses, even in the early 1900's(teddy roe, bumpy johnson to name a few) and yes the system of the u.s. was more so against them making it much harder than for an italian, but they did the suit and tie organized crime thing too.

Another thing people don't realize is that the government of the u.s./fbi itself didn't want black people organizing legitimately/politically(not unlike the slave masters.) because they assumed/rationalized that it would've been 1 of the biggest threats,(particularly the black panther party) and even stated it as such, and they did everything in their power to make sure that didn't happen and if you look at the jeff forts and larry hoovers who were gang leaders that commanded 1000's of men and affected local politics it's not hard to see why.

Yes, there certainly have been powerful black figures in crime. Rick Ross and Frank Lucas come to mind along with the others you mentioned. I think it's clear overall that in America it is a hell of a lot tougher to get involved in organized crime if you're black person, just based on the justice system alone, and how it systematically targets blacks. The FBI have always been keeping tabs on powerful black figures (Martin Luther King Jr, Malcom X, etc.) Hell, the FBI even contacted NWA after they made their song "f*ck the Police".

ChillyPhilly
  • ChillyPhilly

Rock 'n' roll stops the traffic.

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

Crime syndicate/crew for me. Just a group of smart, organised friends.

luckyshot666
  • luckyshot666

Badfella

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

I can name two black mafia families, there was one called Muslim mafia family in Philadelphia.
The second, wealthy drug gang, it is more into hip hop culture than the traditional mafia stuff.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Black_Mafia
http://en.wikipedia....ck_Mafia_Family

Silentype
  • Silentype

Lone wolf

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (marko dash @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 08:56)
i'll pick the mafia, they had class, or at least more class than any of the others.

and according to a few fairly distant relations on my grandfathers side, the italian-american mafia is still alive in the northeast, just a lot quieter than it used to be.

Any time you make money off of the weaknesses and misery of others I doubt that is considered class, but if you said wolves in sheep clothing I would agree on some of them definitely not all, just ask the people who were bullied, extorted, and everything else by these groups and you'll get a whole different perception than your ivory tower hollywood 1.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (luckyshot666 @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 03:57)
I can name two black mafia families, there was one called Muslim mafia family in Philadelphia.
The second, wealthy drug gang, it is more into hip hop culture than the traditional mafia stuff.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Black_Mafia
http://en.wikipedia....ck_Mafia_Family

BMF is very interesting, they dress like a typical street gang would and are still organized on a national level. This pretty much debunks the idea that anyone who dresses "ghetto" and doesn't wear a suit like the Italian mafia can't be successful and are "hood rats".

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (luckyshot666 @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 11:03)
Someone said Hells Angels are legitimate club, my father did hang out with Hells Angels, they are pretty smart actually, they try to keep up image of 99% motorcycle club and they have done it well because RICO act has not caused much impact at them at all, unlike in Italian American mafia which is dying. In my country there has been many news about Hells Angels, great Nordic biker war took many casualities, Angels stole RPG7 from Swedish military barracks and blew up their rival's clubhouse. Couple of years back there was two separate incidents there they dismembered civilians and put them in garbage bags and couple of months ago there was big SWAT raid in their clubhouse, there was also a big trial which the angels won because system = garbage. They are dominating type of criminal organizations in Nordic countries.

Why wouldn't they be a legitimate club? Law enforcement have done several surveillance tasks, including getting an informant into the H.A (Hells Angels) and they have found absolutely nothing. Only a small portion of extreme violence has occurred over the past few years .

luckyshot666
  • luckyshot666

Badfella

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:39 PM Edited by luckyshot666, 28 July 2013 - 12:55 PM.

QUOTE (Vagos MC @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 12:13)
QUOTE (luckyshot666 @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 11:03)

Why wouldn't they be a legitimate club? Law enforcement have done several surveillance tasks, including getting an informant into the H.A (Hells Angels) and they have found absolutely nothing. Only a small portion of extreme violence has occurred over the past few years .

I guess it varies between chapters and countries but in where I live, they hire young men and extort money from them and force them to commit their dirty businesses, they are involved in drug trade and protection racket.

Edit: I am not saying every chapter is bad, I knew some good guys who were at Hells Angels when I was young, many are involved in organized crime though. At least in my country...

@golf wang I think R* got inspiration to Playboy X's gang from BMF, they are pretty similar.

Muffin_Man
  • Muffin_Man

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

Mafia

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (luckyshot666 @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 12:39)
I guess it varies between chapters and countries but in where I live, they hire young men and extort money from them and force them to commit their dirty businesses, they are involved in drug trade and protection racket.

Oh, ok. Well, I know nothing about that. In America, the only violence you will witness is a few fights which will break out, and yet the newspapers try to exaggerate it and say stuff like "Notorious Bikie" or they'll try to confuse people's minds.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:35 PM Edited by Official General, 28 July 2013 - 01:40 PM.

QUOTE (matsix @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 03:28)

Sorry bro, but you are the idiot.

I never said you were a white guy from the suburbs. I never assumed you were even white to begin with. What ethnicity you are or where you live makes no difference to me.

You made a slightly inaccurate statement about gangs and organized crime, you were successfully challenged on it by me and other people on here who are more well-informed and knowledgeable on the subject and you had no valid response. Hence why all you can do is have a dig at us and call us names. Well that is not gonna change anything. Me and a few others on here actually do know a lot about this stuff, not boasting because it's just the truth. You can tell this by what someone says about the subject.

I just happen to know a lot about gangs and organized crime because I've always been very interested in the subject. I read, learn about it and research it a lot. It's as simple as that.

The Mafia are not 'classy' in the sense of what they do and who they are. If you think being a dedicated member of a criminal brotherhood that is conditioned to murder people in cold blood and make other people's lives a misery is 'classy' then you need to have a better understanding of the word. The Mafia in America are a criminal organization whose roots began at lower levels in the streets and ghettos, no different to what you see with today's street gangs. The Mafia got to their high levels a lot easier due to the fact that their members are white ethnicity, which made it easier for them to develop and maintain their organization in a racially-biased society against non-whites, like what is seen in the USA. Once Italians assimilated into the wider white American population, it became even more easier for them, as golf wang already stated.

Los Santos Police Department
  • Los Santos Police Department

I'll be back...

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

The mafia seem to appeal more and Michael might be a previous mafia member.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users