Quantcast

» «
Photo

My opinion on female protagonists in GTA V

199 replies to this topic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 19:07)
Protagonists should be determined by the story and not by ''oh we've had 10 games with male protags, next one should be female'' or ''oh, well with three protags we should make one female''. Story determines a protag. That's how it should be. They obviously get a lot of their inspiration from movies, and I'll name 10 heist or gang movies of the top of my head, and each and every one will have a male lead role or roles. So no wonder. And this has been discussed to death.

Thank you.

October16th
  • October16th

Gamertag: X5R

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (The New Blueguy @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 13:43)
QUOTE (October16th @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 12:26)
QUOTE (The New Blueguy @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 09:36)
1. There is NOTHING WRONG with not wanting a female lead. Though and I and others have and will continue to call out clowns who do use blatant sexism ("hurr durrstay in the kitchen!") to throw off the discussion and those who hide their sexism behind baseless "facts". Again, nothing wrong with not wanting a female lead in general, no one's calling you anything for it and if they do they're dumb.

2. I felt that not only was "Femshep"'s version of the story the better acted and more convincing of the two (though I have yet to beat ME3 and my wife has done so), I found myself subconsciously feeling like her story was the one Bioware's team wanted to tell

3. "you think a girl would be able to fall ten feet, crash through glass and keep shooting all while not flinching?" Newsflash, son... Most men couldn't do such fantastical things either

4. History has shown that while recorded history doesn't show or portray women as having the killer instinct in numbers, the fact is they have been known to be just as if not more vicious than than male serial killers. Also, a lot of the time, they're just smarter about it than we are.

5. I remember even posting on GTAV.net and coming up with a plausible backstory of three female protagonists to serve as oppositon to the three known male leads in GTA V where what I would like to see as downloadable content, they would been an opposing team of thieves looking to score a big heist of their own with the two teams eventually clashing over a score. I had one character who was a military wife who had recently lost her partner in Iraq, who had been denied support from the military raising their adopted daughter under the unwritten "don't ask, don't tell" code in regards gay and lesbian members of the military. So her motivation for setting up smaller heists to eventually hit the federal reserve was to get what she felt she and her child were owed because her partner had died for her country.

6. Cliché? Sure, but it's no less a credible back story than the unsatisfied former criminal, young black former thug or insane lifelong criminal.

7. Look as a male gamer who's been playing and watching games evolve as long as I have, this shouldn't even be an issue in 2013 in my opinion but even if GTA V isn't the game to do it, something needs to change.

1. You've been trying to make it sound like there is something wrong with not having a female Protagonist. You do understand that the reason there isn't any is because the majority of gamers are men, right? It's not like people are calling out for female protagonist either, so it seems you're going to have to deal with it; realistically, to get your playing as a female hard-on, you'll have to wait until a developer decides to revolve a game around one.

2. That's just your own opinion. As a man myself, I have no desire to play as a female protagonist as I'm not transgender. Male Shepard's voice acting was better too; as I'd rather have a man speaking for me than a women. (Not a sexist remark, it's a rational one.)

3. Newsflash, son; most men probably couldn't but they sure as hell could do it better. By the way, injecting realism into a video game based on either gender is a sexist remark really. "Men can't do it." "Women can't do it." sounds like the same sexist bullsh*t from both sides really.

4. Wow, you have no right to complain about sexism really. You're post is obviously intended to infuriate people; if not, you're just a sexist idiot.

5. Why are you so interested in female protagonists? You seems to have some obsession with being a female, what other man would say/write the things you do? You wrote an entire backstory for three female leads? How fanatical of you. Oh and honestly that story, plot, or whatever it is, sucks.

6. You're so ignorant. You can't judge their back-story when you haven't played the game. Also, your backstory is ridiculous. It's laughable really; not because of gender, well a little, but because of how stupid it sounds.

7. Shouldn't be an issue? IT'S NOT A f*ckING ISSUE; YOU'RE THE ONE MAKING IT AN ISSUE DUMBASS. The rest of the world doesn't give a f*ck because they're not sexist like you are. You're acting like there aren't any games out there with a female protagonist, in reality there are plenty when considering the men to women gamer ratio. Also are you sure you're a male gamer? I know these three things for sure; you're either a homosexual/transgender, a woman, or a pussy. All three are mot likely.

icon13.gif cool.gif icon13.gif

1. Again, I NEVER once said there was anything wrong with not wanting a female lead character. I've even said (several times now actually) that I was completely fine with those who simply didn't want one. I was, however, calling out those people who were being blatantly sexist, insulting and offensive about it. I understand the reasons there hasn't been one up to this point perfectly fine. It doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on it. I can and have dealt with it just fine as I am not forcing anything on anyone. I simply opened up a discussion about it. Why? Because I wanted to make point not buried what already was 50 pages of the same old kitchen and sandwich jokes. Lost cause the way this topic turned out? Yup. Female hard-on, really? You mean you don't get hard-ons for females? Well then, that's cool too.

2. And that's your opinion. I didn't enjoy Male Sheppard's story. You did. That's great. Even in saying of my opinion that I felt Female Sheppard's story was the better of two and even when I said I felt that Female Sheppard was the story Bioware really wanted to tell, I NEVER said liking Male Sheppard's story was wrong or that anyone had to agree with my OPINION. And you'd rather play as a guy. Great, get it through your head, I'm fine with that.

3. Again, opinion. I never said girls could do better. I simply said that 250 lbs. action movie guy doing it was no more, no less believable than action chick doing it. The people in those movies regardless of gender defy all laws anything ever because it's an action movie no matter what gender the lead is.

4. There is nothing sexist about what I said in this case at all. I'm talking simply on a biological level here for a minute. There is decades upon decades of scientific, medical evidence to suggest that women are smarter than men on a base level simply because of how we're wired as a species. We're the hunters and the gatherers; they're more intellectual. And before anyone gets any ideas, NO it's not inherent or obvious at all because a woman who isn't raised by her environment can indeed be dumber than a guy who was raised as such. But on chemical level that's how it is. They're better planners than we are on a base level so they have the ability to be better criminals than us if they choose.

5. What point did this response other than questioning my gender and sexuality because I hold a different opinion than you? Because I wrote a back story for three female leads and have different interests than you? None. Fanatical? Are you serious? If that's your opinion of the story I created that's perfectly fine. But it is obviously a biased opinion. Not wrong at all. Just biased.

6. Judging their back stories from what we've been told regardless of playing the game does not make me ignorant. Not to mention that I wasn't even judging their back stories at all. I have only ever said with those exact back stories, why couldn't they be women? It was no different, not that there was anything wrong with them. Their back stories nothing to do with the basic premise of whatever the end game is. Either they pull off the grand heist and live happily ever after, one of them dies, none of them die, one betrays the others... Either way none of that directly has any effect on their character backgrounds at all. They could have all been retired circus performers who decide to rob banks. Does the fact that they were circus performers and now they're robbing banks effect whether or not they win or lose at the end? No.

7. Actually, I wasn't making it an issue. The ones who post "hurr durr kitchen, hurr durr sandwich" and come up asinine and bogus reasons, assumptions and statements to rage about it obvious have an issue with it. No I'm not acting like there aren't a lot games out there with female leads (even though statistically there aren't) for the sake of it. All through your post you've been questioning my sexuality, gender and now my social standing under some thinly veiled attempt to not sound ignorant and bigoted but you know that one there. Well yeah...

Riiigghhtt...

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (SlapEmLikeFloyd @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 20:11)
Why are you feminists trying to ruin the game ? Why dont you go make your own f*cking game, dont try and f*ck up everyone else's experience with your stupid "women are equal bullsh*t" GTFOH. You're not even smart enough to know those female characters you talked about were starring in fantasy games, not games based on real life get a proper education before you start posting dumb bullsh*t fool, and stay away from TV.

Thank you very, very much.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

What about Mona Sax in Max Payne 2?

The New Blueguy
  • The New Blueguy

Legend of the Heist

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (October16th @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 15:08)
1. There is NOTHING WRONG with not wanting a female lead. Though and I and others have and will continue to call out clowns who do use blatant sexism ("hurr durrstay in the kitchen!") to throw off the discussion and those who hide their sexism behind baseless "facts". Again, nothing wrong with not wanting a female lead in general, no one's calling you anything for it and if they do they're dumb.

2. I felt that not only was "Femshep"'s version of the story the better acted and more convincing of the two (though I have yet to beat ME3 and my wife has done so), I found myself subconsciously feeling like her story was the one Bioware's team wanted to tell

3. "you think a girl would be able to fall ten feet, crash through glass and keep shooting all while not flinching?" Newsflash, son... Most men couldn't do such fantastical things either

4. History has shown that while recorded history doesn't show or portray women as having the killer instinct in numbers, the fact is they have been known to be just as if not more vicious than than male serial killers. Also, a lot of the time, they're just smarter about it than we are.

5. I remember even posting on GTAV.net and coming up with a plausible backstory of three female protagonists to serve as oppositon to the three known male leads in GTA V where what I would like to see as downloadable content, they would been an opposing team of thieves looking to score a big heist of their own with the two teams eventually clashing over a score. I had one character who was a military wife who had recently lost her partner in Iraq, who had been denied support from the military raising their adopted daughter under the unwritten "don't ask, don't tell" code in regards gay and lesbian members of the military. So her motivation for setting up smaller heists to eventually hit the federal reserve was to get what she felt she and her child were owed because her partner had died for her country.

6. Cliché? Sure, but it's no less a credible back story than the unsatisfied former criminal, young black former thug or insane lifelong criminal.

7. Look as a male gamer who's been playing and watching games evolve as long as I have, this shouldn't even be an issue in 2013 in my opinion but even if GTA V isn't the game to do it, something needs to change.

1. You've been trying to make it sound like there is something wrong with not having a female Protagonist. You do understand that the reason there isn't any is because the majority of gamers are men, right? It's not like people are calling out for female protagonist either, so it seems you're going to have to deal with it; realistically, to get your playing as a female hard-on, you'll have to wait until a developer decides to revolve a game around one.

2. That's just your own opinion. As a man myself, I have no desire to play as a female protagonist as I'm not transgender. Male Shepard's voice acting was better too; as I'd rather have a man speaking for me than a women. (Not a sexist remark, it's a rational one.)

3. Newsflash, son; most men probably couldn't but they sure as hell could do it better. By the way, injecting realism into a video game based on either gender is a sexist remark really. "Men can't do it." "Women can't do it." sounds like the same sexist bullsh*t from both sides really.

4. Wow, you have no right to complain about sexism really. You're post is obviously intended to infuriate people; if not, you're just a sexist idiot.

5. Why are you so interested in female protagonists? You seems to have some obsession with being a female, what other man would say/write the things you do? You wrote an entire backstory for three female leads? How fanatical of you. Oh and honestly that story, plot, or whatever it is, sucks.

6. You're so ignorant. You can't judge their back-story when you haven't played the game. Also, your backstory is ridiculous. It's laughable really; not because of gender, well a little, but because of how stupid it sounds.

7. Shouldn't be an issue? IT'S NOT A f*ckING ISSUE; YOU'RE THE ONE MAKING IT AN ISSUE DUMBASS. The rest of the world doesn't give a f*ck because they're not sexist like you are. You're acting like there aren't any games out there with a female protagonist, in reality there are plenty when considering the men to women gamer ratio. Also are you sure you're a male gamer? I know these three things for sure; you're either a homosexual/transgender, a woman, or a pussy. All three are mot likely.

1. Again, I NEVER once said there was anything wrong with not wanting a female lead character. I've even said (several times now actually) that I was completely fine with those who simply didn't want one. I was, however, calling out those people who were being blatantly sexist, insulting and offensive about it. I understand the reasons there hasn't been one up to this point perfectly fine. It doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on it. I can and have dealt with it just fine as I am not forcing anything on anyone. I simply opened up a discussion about it. Why? Because I wanted to make point not buried what already was 50 pages of the same old kitchen and sandwich jokes. Lost cause the way this topic turned out? Yup. Female hard-on, really? You mean you don't get hard-ons for females? Well then, that's cool too.

2. And that's your opinion. I didn't enjoy Male Sheppard's story. You did. That's great. Even in saying of my opinion that I felt Female Sheppard's story was the better of two and even when I said I felt that Female Sheppard was the story Bioware really wanted to tell, I NEVER said liking Male Sheppard's story was wrong or that anyone had to agree with my OPINION. And you'd rather play as a guy. Great, get it through your head, I'm fine with that.

3. Again, opinion. I never said girls could do better. I simply said that 250 lbs. action movie guy doing it was no more, no less believable than action chick doing it. The people in those movies regardless of gender defy all laws anything ever because it's an action movie no matter what gender the lead is.

4. There is nothing sexist about what I said in this case at all. I'm talking simply on a biological level here for a minute. There is decades upon decades of scientific, medical evidence to suggest that women are smarter than men on a base level simply because of how we're wired as a species. We're the hunters and the gatherers; they're more intellectual. And before anyone gets any ideas, NO it's not inherent or obvious at all because a woman who isn't raised by her environment can indeed be dumber than a guy who was raised as such. But on chemical level that's how it is. They're better planners than we are on a base level so they have the ability to be better criminals than us if they choose.

5. What point did this response other than questioning my gender and sexuality because I hold a different opinion than you? Because I wrote a back story for three female leads and have different interests than you? None. Fanatical? Are you serious? If that's your opinion of the story I created that's perfectly fine. But it is obviously a biased opinion. Not wrong at all. Just biased.

6. Judging their back stories from what we've been told regardless of playing the game does not make me ignorant. Not to mention that I wasn't even judging their back stories at all. I have only ever said with those exact back stories, why couldn't they be women? It was no different, not that there was anything wrong with them. Their back stories nothing to do with the basic premise of whatever the end game is. Either they pull off the grand heist and live happily ever after, one of them dies, none of them die, one betrays the others... Either way none of that directly has any effect on their character backgrounds at all. They could have all been retired circus performers who decide to rob banks. Does the fact that they were circus performers and now they're robbing banks effect whether or not they win or lose at the end? No.

7. Actually, I wasn't making it an issue. The ones who post "hurr durr kitchen, hurr durr sandwich" and come up asinine and bogus reasons, assumptions and statements to rage about it obvious have an issue with it. No I'm not acting like there aren't a lot games out there with female leads (even though statistically there aren't) for the sake of it. All through your post you've been questioning my sexuality, gender and now my social standing under some thinly veiled attempt to not sound ignorant and bigoted but you know that one there. Well yeah...

Riiigghhtt...

What an excellent and well thought out response...

user posted image

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

Threads like these are started because of a massive brainwashing experiment taking place in colleges in universities. Frail, innocent minds are being stuffed with the following:

"America is evil."
"Your success is not really your own, but other people's."
"All the world's evils are started by Christianity."
"There is absolutely no difference between men and women apart from physical appearance."
"Homosexuality is completely normal, and you should remove anyone from your life who even slightly opposes its complete normalization."
"Go around saying things like, 'it's not the 1950s anymore,' or, 'it's 2013, your sexist/homophobic/racist/bigoted views are outdated.'"
"Illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay. It's evil America who is wrong in wanting to crack down on them."
"Marijuana isn't bad."
"White people should feel guilty."
"Everyone and every culture is completely and utterly equal."
"The entire world should adhere to a central governing body, because it's fair."

The result is emasculated, whiny men who cry about more men occupying a certain area than women

The New Blueguy
  • The New Blueguy

Legend of the Heist

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

You know, I realize now that this entire topic is just a bunch of dudes trying to exorcise sh*t they wouldn't dare say in front of a woman in real life.

October16th
  • October16th

Gamertag: X5R

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (The New Blueguy @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 15:29)
QUOTE (October16th @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 15:08)

Riiigghhtt...

What an excellent and well thought out response...

user posted image

Seemed appropriate given how intelligent your response was.

ACR
  • ACR

Finger f*ck bitches with Freddy Krueger gloves on.

• Members
  • China

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

Nobody wants to play as some kitchen dweller, kill this thread already.

The New Blueguy
  • The New Blueguy

Legend of the Heist

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:46 PM Edited by The New Blueguy, 28 July 2013 - 08:49 PM.

QUOTE (ACR @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 15:36)

Okay just this once then I'll go back to being minded...

I never said we wanted to play as your mom, dude. I was just suggesting we play as actual female characters.

Alright, I apologize. THAT was sexist and mean. And quite uncalled for. I really do apologize but I felt like getting at least one and it was too easy to pass up.

Cylan
  • Cylan

High-Functioning Sociopath

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (The New Blueguy @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 20:32)
You know, I realize now that this entire topic is just a bunch of dudes trying to exorcise sh*t they wouldn't dare say in front of a woman in real life.

I'd tell any girl interested in games that a lot of female protagonists suck, thank you very much.

ACR
  • ACR

Finger f*ck bitches with Freddy Krueger gloves on.

• Members
  • China

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (The New Blueguy @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 20:46)

I never said we wanted to play as your mom, dude. I was just suggesting we play as actual female characters.

Alright, I apologize. THAT was sexist and mean. And quite uncalled for. I really do apologize but I felt like getting at least one and it was too easy to pass up.

No need to apologize xD, i was also joking about kitchen part, it's a common funny stereotype, but i wouldn't play GTA if female is main character, never ever, i'm also very confident that R* won't put female in main role in GTA for a looong time or NEVER .

The New Blueguy
  • The New Blueguy

Legend of the Heist

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:08 PM Edited by The New Blueguy, 28 July 2013 - 09:10 PM.

QUOTE (ACR @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 15:53)
QUOTE (The New Blueguy @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 20:46)

No need to apologize xD, i was also joking about kitchen part, it's a common funny stereotype, but i wouldn't play GTA if female is main character, never ever, i'm also very confident that R* won't put female in main role in GTA for a looong time or NEVER .

Nah, no worries man. I just been trying to tell cats. I'm not hating on you for your opinion. I know Rockstar will more than likely never create a female lead in a future GTA game just because. What I was hoping was that they'd consider it like any other character trait. I mean I realize we all have our sexist digs, but most the guys in here just seem like they got some embarrassing hang ups about women buried something deep and then rage about a girl being in a GTA game like someone kicked their dog or something. You think I've never made the kitchen joke before? Yeah right, if I say no I'm lying and I made the topic.

The one or two guys who will say some sh*t one time and never post here again? I know those guys are either joking or don't really care. So whatever. The dudes that bug me are the ones that will argue some evil sh*t and then go "but I'm not sexist!" Seriously, I have made jokes like that in the past. I do it jokingly to my wife sometimes. But the thing is, that's my wife who was best friend growing up and kind of a tomboy. And I still bug her about girly sh*t sometimes. People you know you can joke about almost anything with you know? But these dudes on here are just different.

teamfranklin91
  • teamfranklin91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

not to be sexist but she has to look good

The New Blueguy
  • The New Blueguy

Legend of the Heist

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (teamfranklin91 @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 16:10)
not to be sexist but she has to look good

Being attractive doesn't hurt, LOL. I never said I wanted some butch, heavy set beast of a woman as a lead. I wouldn't mind that either. But, for everything that a GTA character has to be able to do a nice attractive, young, athletic and physically fit woman is what's would make the most sense. It's a logical thing.

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (2041758 @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 15:31)
Threads like these are started because of a massive brainwashing experiment taking place in colleges in universities. Frail, innocent minds are being stuffed with the following:

"America is evil."
"There is absolutely no difference between men and women apart from physical appearance."
"Homosexuality is completely normal, and you should remove anyone from your life who even slightly opposes its complete normalization."
"Go around saying things like, 'it's not the 1950s anymore,' or, 'it's 2013, your sexist/homophobic/racist/bigoted views are outdated.'"
"Illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay. It's evil America who is wrong in wanting to crack down on them."
"Marijuana isn't bad."
"The entire world should adhere to a central governing body, because it's fair."

The result is emasculated, whiny men who cry about more men occupying a certain area than women

GTA-worthy parody of a right wing nut, there. A+

MajesticJazz
  • MajesticJazz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (TH3B055 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 19:06)
I think Rockstar is not ready to make that jump to put a female as the lead character is just that simple.

Funny, how that statement contradicts what Rockstar is "supposedly" about.

People glamour Rockstar Games as the only gaming company willing to take risk and be progressive in their acts.....yet they stick their tail between their legs when it comes to stuff like putting women in a lead role.

So how daring IS Rockstar really?

The New Blueguy
  • The New Blueguy

Legend of the Heist

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (archiebunker @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 17:40)
QUOTE (2041758 @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 15:31)

"America is evil."
"Marijuana isn't bad."

GTA-worthy parody of a right wing nut, there. A+

I don't know how that's supposed to be parody but those aren't even right-wing conservative agendas. Sensationalist suppsoed-Liberal agendas propagated by conservatives, maybe.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (SpookySimon @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 12:19)
Why wouldn't it work....

Because a woman couldn't do it - no
Because the majority of gamers are male - no
Because its unrealistic - no
Because it doesn't fit the satirised humorous hyper macho angle embedded deep in the DNA of the GTA franchise - yes

A lot of peoples reasons against a female protag are just dumb, juvenile and sexist tbh but they don't need to be, because frankly GTA is already kind of a pastiché on some of these very sentiments. That's why their female characters are either, girlfriends, hookers, damsels in distress or crazy irrational bitches, its not because the Housers are simple minded mysogonists, they just have a particular formula in mind, men are heavily stereotyped as well for example.

I'm willing to keep an open mind however as we move forward into an era of DLC, multiple protagonist and the quest for new ideas and originality. icon14.gif

There are more male gamers than female gamers. Why can't people get get it through their thick skull that some of us just don't like playing as a female.

It seems most people want a female character just so they can jack off too her.

If Rockstar makes a female character she could either be Ugly and strong or beautiful and weak.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

Like I have said in the other 2,000 threads like this one, I am fully open to playing as a female protagonist in a GTA game. I have played many games in the past in which the protagonist was a female. Of course those were not GTA games, put playing as a female in SR 2 was just fine for me. I didn't mind creating one.

In the same respect, the fact that we have 3 protagonist in GTA V and none of them are female pretty much says that there either will never be a female protagonist in a GTA game, or that you won't be seeing one over the next 3 GTAs. I am honestly more than comfortable and find with this. We've obviously played the past GTAs to know that the games are more than brilliant and have not needed a female protagonist.

freak19930
  • freak19930

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (The New Blueguy @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 14:43)
QUOTE (freak19930 @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 16:59)
Sure it could work, but it wouldn't add anything except for providing a few different plot points. Let's say we are playing as a big tough girl, one that is completely equal to men (Like Fem Shep) . What would it change? The only thing that would change is that we might be playing as a gay man that just happens to have boobs and a vagina. That wouldn't really add anything.

I'm sorry but I think you completely missed out on how different Male Sheppard and Female Sheppard were. If think FemShep was just butch soldier chick then I don't what to say. There many times over the course of the games that showed her feminine side without being over the top or stereotypical and still made her in-the-field soldier side compelling and totally believable neither character trait undermining the other. And before anyone says it, I'm not talking about the possible lesbians relationships with Liara or Kelly either.

But the thing is, the only thing that having a female protag would mean if that she was like your version of Fem Shep, is that every now and then we might get a feminine view on the chaos. That could easily be done by a supporting character. Sure maybe every now and then we get reminded she is "badass" just because she is a woman that beats up sexist pigs, but that effect could easily be ramped up by making that character a gay male.

gtafaninwest
  • gtafaninwest

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:16 AM

GTA 1 had female protagonists. We don't need anymore for the rest of the series.

gtafaninwest
  • gtafaninwest

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE (SlapEmLikeFloyd @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 20:11)
Why are you feminists trying to ruin the game ? Why dont you go make your own f*cking game, dont try and f*ck up everyone else's experience with your stupid "women are equal bullsh*t" GTFOH. You're not even smart enough to know those female characters you talked about were starring in fantasy games, not games based on real life get a proper education before you start posting dumb bullsh*t fool, and stay away from TV.

I know, right? Women, feminists, and beta males want to ruin anything men enjoy.

infiniteammo
  • infiniteammo

•ab igne ignem capere•

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

I'm certainly very pleased at the mature and well versed responses this thread got. >.> Now that I've got my sarcasm going...

I bemoaned having to play CJ before San Andreas hit, I couldn't see myself identifying with him in any way, but after playing it, it's hands down my favorite Grand Theft Auto to date.

I guess most of you don't recall the first Grand Theft Auto, which had multiple protagonists, a couple of which were female. But yeah, been there, done that. Would enjoy the hell out of it again if Rockstar Games decided to take us there.

For the most part when I play GTAIV or Max Payne 3 online, my multiplayer characters are female, for one I don't want to be staring at digital man ass for hours on end as I teabag everyone, but hey... if that's your thing. By all means...

Ironically enough most of the women I know that play IV or MP3 still, almost exclusively use male avatars. *shrugs* Just an observation.

sironen
  • sironen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

Lock this f*cking tread already

Gr0veStG33k
  • Gr0veStG33k

-LQ- R1D3R

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (gtafaninwest @ Monday, Jul 29 2013, 07:17)
[/QUOTE]
I know, right? Women, feminists, and beta males want to ruin anything men enjoy.

You're kidding, right?

OT: Most of the reasons behind why a female protag wouldn't work are downright dumb and not very well thought out. How does a female protag ruin the gaming experience? How do you know the majority of gamers are male? Have you went door to door and personally peered into every home and took a poll? Some of the things some of you say makes me wonder about you guys...last time I checked your girlfriend/wife is a female, your mother is a female, your aunt is a female, etc. Without females, you wouldn't exist unless born out of a test tube. You would think you'd have more respect. Of course, we are all entitled to our opinions, but come on. I think most of you type that stuff because you can't say it in real life.

Women Kill
Women Steal
Women Sell Dope

I believe get a protagonists with an amazing story, excellent gameplay and stunning graphics and the gender don't matter.

BUT bottom line is, the world isn't ready for a female protag...it hasn't matured enough for it. Maybe one day.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (Gr0veStG33k @ Monday, Jul 29 2013, 12:05)
BUT bottom line is, the world isn't ready for a female protag...it hasn't matured enough for it. Maybe one day.

The only people who haven't matured enough are people like you.
We simply don't want a female protag in GTA, get the f*ck over it.

Gr0veStG33k
  • Gr0veStG33k

-LQ- R1D3R

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 29 2013, 09:12)

The only people who haven't matured enough are people like you.
We simply don't want a female protag in GTA, get the f*ck over it.

Maturity at its best right here

SO, you speak as if YOU are everyone and since you said it, it shall be. I'm sorry. I didn't realize you controlled this post. rolleyes.gif
Some people don't mind the thought of a female protagonist SO you SIR, get the f*ck over it.

Dr Zoidburg
  • Dr Zoidburg

woop woop woop!

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:24 AM Edited by Dr Zoidburg, 29 July 2013 - 09:28 AM.

I have a couple questions for The New Blueguy.

When you got married, did you take your wife's last name?

And

When your at HOME, do you sit down to pee?

Please answer honestly.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:25 AM Edited by redx165, 29 July 2013 - 09:53 AM.

QUOTE (Gr0veStG33k @ Monday, Jul 29 2013, 09:05)
QUOTE (gtafaninwest @ Monday, Jul 29 2013, 07:17)

You're kidding, right?

OT: Most of the reasons behind why a female protag wouldn't work are downright dumb and not very well thought out. How does a female protag ruin the gaming experience? How do you know the majority of gamers are male? Have you went door to door and personally peered into every home and took a poll? Some of the things some of you say makes me wonder about you guys...last time I checked your girlfriend/wife is a female, your mother is a female, your aunt is a female, etc. Without females, you wouldn't exist unless born out of a test tube. You would think you'd have more respect. Of course, we are all entitled to our opinions, but come on. I think most of you type that stuff because you can't say it in real life.

Women Kill
Women Steal
Women Sell Dope

I believe get a protagonists with an amazing story, excellent gameplay and stunning graphics and the gender don't matter.

I find it strange that you think there are the same or more females that play games than males. Go play any online game and ask anyone with a mic to talk most likely they're going to be a male. Age is different. Gaming has and most likely always going to have more male gamers than female gamers.

Just cause your wife/girl is a female doesn't mean they like gaming. I know a lot of females you can't stand gaming. When I was younger my mom would say are you playing baby games.

Sure they steal, kill, and sell dope but most of the time a male does more.

Plus one very important fact that you and lots of other people can't get through their skulls. Some people just don't enjoy playing as a female. If they don't then LEAVE them alone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users