|QUOTE (October16th @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 15:08)|
|QUOTE (The New Blueguy @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 13:43)|
|QUOTE (October16th @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 12:26)|
|QUOTE (The New Blueguy @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 09:36)|
|1. There is NOTHING WRONG with not wanting a female lead. Though and I and others have and will continue to call out clowns who do use blatant sexism ("hurr durrstay in the kitchen!") to throw off the discussion and those who hide their sexism behind baseless "facts". Again, nothing wrong with not wanting a female lead in general, no one's calling you anything for it and if they do they're dumb.|
2. I felt that not only was "Femshep"'s version of the story the better acted and more convincing of the two (though I have yet to beat ME3 and my wife has done so), I found myself subconsciously feeling like her story was the one Bioware's team wanted to tell
3. "you think a girl would be able to fall ten feet, crash through glass and keep shooting all while not flinching?" Newsflash, son... Most men couldn't do such fantastical things either
4. History has shown that while recorded history doesn't show or portray women as having the killer instinct in numbers, the fact is they have been known to be just as if not more vicious than than male serial killers. Also, a lot of the time, they're just smarter about it than we are.
5. I remember even posting on GTAV.net and coming up with a plausible backstory of three female protagonists to serve as oppositon to the three known male leads in GTA V where what I would like to see as downloadable content, they would been an opposing team of thieves looking to score a big heist of their own with the two teams eventually clashing over a score. I had one character who was a military wife who had recently lost her partner in Iraq, who had been denied support from the military raising their adopted daughter under the unwritten "don't ask, don't tell" code in regards gay and lesbian members of the military. So her motivation for setting up smaller heists to eventually hit the federal reserve was to get what she felt she and her child were owed because her partner had died for her country.
6. Cliché? Sure, but it's no less a credible back story than the unsatisfied former criminal, young black former thug or insane lifelong criminal.
7. Look as a male gamer who's been playing and watching games evolve as long as I have, this shouldn't even be an issue in 2013 in my opinion but even if GTA V isn't the game to do it, something needs to change.
1. You've been trying to make it sound like there is something wrong with not having a female Protagonist. You do understand that the reason there isn't any is because the majority of gamers are men, right? It's not like people are calling out for female protagonist either, so it seems you're going to have to deal with it; realistically, to get your playing as a female hard-on, you'll have to wait until a developer decides to revolve a game around one.
2. That's just your own opinion. As a man myself, I have no desire to play as a female protagonist as I'm not transgender. Male Shepard's voice acting was better too; as I'd rather have a man speaking for me than a women. (Not a sexist remark, it's a rational one.)
3. Newsflash, son; most men probably couldn't but they sure as hell could do it better. By the way, injecting realism into a video game based on either gender is a sexist remark really. "Men can't do it." "Women can't do it." sounds like the same sexist bullsh*t from both sides really.
4. Wow, you have no right to complain about sexism really. You're post is obviously intended to infuriate people; if not, you're just a sexist idiot.
5. Why are you so interested in female protagonists? You seems to have some obsession with being a female, what other man would say/write the things you do? You wrote an entire backstory for three female leads? How fanatical of you. Oh and honestly that story, plot, or whatever it is, sucks.
6. You're so ignorant. You can't judge their back-story when you haven't played the game. Also, your backstory is ridiculous. It's laughable really; not because of gender, well a little, but because of how stupid it sounds.
7. Shouldn't be an issue? IT'S NOT A f*ckING ISSUE; YOU'RE THE ONE MAKING IT AN ISSUE DUMBASS. The rest of the world doesn't give a f*ck because they're not sexist like you are. You're acting like there aren't any games out there with a female protagonist, in reality there are plenty when considering the men to women gamer ratio. Also are you sure you're a male gamer? I know these three things for sure; you're either a homosexual/transgender, a woman, or a pussy. All three are mot likely.
1. Again, I NEVER once said there was anything wrong with not wanting a female lead character. I've even said (several times now actually) that I was completely fine with those who simply didn't want one. I was, however, calling out those people who were being blatantly sexist, insulting and offensive about it. I understand the reasons there hasn't been one up to this point perfectly fine. It doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on it. I can and have dealt with it just fine as I am not forcing anything on anyone. I simply opened up a discussion about it. Why? Because I wanted to make point not buried what already was 50 pages of the same old kitchen and sandwich jokes. Lost cause the way this topic turned out? Yup. Female hard-on, really? You mean you don't get hard-ons for females? Well then, that's cool too.
2. And that's your opinion. I didn't enjoy Male Sheppard's story. You did. That's great. Even in saying of my opinion that I felt Female Sheppard's story was the better of two and even when I said I felt that Female Sheppard was the story Bioware really wanted to tell, I NEVER said liking Male Sheppard's story was wrong or that anyone had to agree with my OPINION. And you'd rather play as a guy. Great, get it through your head, I'm fine with that.
3. Again, opinion. I never said girls could do better. I simply said that 250 lbs. action movie guy doing it was no more, no less believable than action chick doing it. The people in those movies regardless of gender defy all laws anything ever because it's an action movie no matter what gender the lead is.
4. There is nothing sexist about what I said in this case at all. I'm talking simply on a biological level here for a minute. There is decades upon decades of scientific, medical evidence to suggest that women are smarter than men on a base level simply because of how we're wired as a species. We're the hunters and the gatherers; they're more intellectual. And before anyone gets any ideas, NO it's not inherent or obvious at all because a woman who isn't raised by her environment can indeed be dumber than a guy who was raised as such. But on chemical level that's how it is. They're better planners than we are on a base level so they have the ability to be better criminals than us if they choose.
5. What point did this response other than questioning my gender and sexuality because I hold a different opinion than you? Because I wrote a back story for three female leads and have different interests than you? None. Fanatical? Are you serious? If that's your opinion of the story I created that's perfectly fine. But it is obviously a biased opinion. Not wrong at all. Just biased.
6. Judging their back stories from what we've been told regardless of playing the game does not make me ignorant. Not to mention that I wasn't even judging their back stories at all. I have only ever said with those exact back stories, why couldn't they be women? It was no different, not that there was anything wrong with them. Their back stories nothing to do with the basic premise of whatever the end game is. Either they pull off the grand heist and live happily ever after, one of them dies, none of them die, one betrays the others... Either way none of that directly has any effect on their character backgrounds at all. They could have all been retired circus performers who decide to rob banks. Does the fact that they were circus performers and now they're robbing banks effect whether or not they win or lose at the end? No.
7. Actually, I wasn't making it an issue. The ones who post "hurr durr kitchen, hurr durr sandwich" and come up asinine and bogus reasons, assumptions and statements to rage about it obvious have an issue with it. No I'm not acting like there aren't a lot games out there with female leads (even though statistically there aren't) for the sake of it. All through your post you've been questioning my sexuality, gender and now my social standing under some thinly veiled attempt to not sound ignorant and bigoted but you know that one there. Well yeah...
What an excellent and well thought out response...